Schloss signs contract, possibly highest paid coach

9,253 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it is really wierd when people try to classify us as a religious school.

Our affiliation with DoC is very very loose...and DoC in general is about as loose as "social" issues as the church can be.

More Catholics go than DoC members, by far.

Our press packs ask to be called "TCU"

I was required to take on course from the religion dept and I took "Religion in Latin America" by a guy who believed in, but hated God.

The chapel is primarily used for weddings, I couldn't tell you what else goes on there or who the chaplain is tbh.

It's just....not a big deal.
Bob Dobalina

quote:
A marketable major sport can take you a long ways in realignment discussions, and TCU has that in football, baseball, and are diligently working on it with both basketball teams.

I don't think it takes you as far as being a big, state school with something of a guaranteed following.

quote:
The Big 12 could have added UH and had a team in a large Texas metro area (that is less saturated with Big 12 fans, too), but they added TCU instead.

The Big 12 could have added Memphis and not another Texas school at all, but they added TCU.

Big 12 politics played something into that. The other Big 12 schools wanted another Texas school for recruiting and tu hates UH. The Big 12 is run is much more politically (by tu) than other conferences. The smart play would have been to add UH over TCU.

The thing about a school like Syracuse is that is still bigger than TCU with more living alumni and much wider regional/national following too. BC benefited by being a Big East school in Boston to pair with other Big East schools going to the ACC, basically they had coattails to ride that TCU doesn't. TCU is not going to have that benefit as tu is not taking them anywhere and neither is OU.
Yell Practice
Congrats Schloss.

All the way next year Aggies.
Gil Renard
AG
Tcu is about as religious as any other school outside of Baylol
Yell Practice

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.