Big 12 Meltdown

5,216 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by turboboost
DFCStrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Big 12 put 3 teams in the tournament, and all three made it to the CWS. Two of those 3 teams were sitting in the winner's bracket with 2 chances each to advance to the championship game over teams that had both already lost. And boom. They both lost two in a row. Ouch. I enjoyed it.

BANA89
AG
Me too!
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Dobre casy
AG
One of the bigger chokes in a while. 2 big 12 teams 2-0 on both sides of the bracket and no national seeds left. Wow!
BANA89
AG
Of course, as much as I enjoyed it, I would have really LOVED to have been in that position...
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
Bdf chokes

What beautiful words!
Macarthur
This thread is pretty LOL
jja79
AG
We've been home for 2 weeks and we're laughing at teams that lost the play in to the championship series?
ftworthag02
AG
Quit trolling! The biggest disappointment in this years playoffs is the big bad SEC. How many teams did we have in the playoffs and how many made it to Omaha? Ha!
Emilio Fantastico
AG
For real, at least they saved their choke for the CWS. The SEC choked at the regionals and super regionals.
Expert Analysis
AG
Less than the ACC
DFCStrider
AG
The SEC was a little overrated, but the BDF choked against all odds on the cusp of greatness. I was worried it would be an all-Big 12 championship game, I just enjoyed that it was a no-BDF championship.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
quote:
We've been home for 2 weeks and we're laughing at teams that lost the play in to the championship series?
No some of us go to Omaha every year cause we love college b ball

I'm simply referring to two bdf teams having to get double dipped to not have the conference make the championship

It happened despite being very tough to accomplish

I am very aware of what happened to us as I sat In BB two weeks ago. I also watched a cocky ass TCU team be one of the only teams to perform a World Series Championship like dog pile on the mound at a place I love

That should sufficiently explain lots of people's joy in watching the bdf underperform with the clear advantage

Or should I say --CHOKE--
Aggies2009
AG
No need to be a miserable human being... us losing has nothing to do with enjoying another team choking. Hth
jja79
AG
I enjoyed watching Arizona and Coastal win but it doesn't change our situation. I'd live to lose a deciding game in Omaha.
GinMan
AG
2 BDF teams CWS meltdown < 5 SEC teams regionals meltdown

Me sitting in Texas < Me Sitting in Omaha

Pumpkinhead
AG
SEC, Big 12, ACC....all choke jobs! Every college baseball coach in the country deserves to be fired for this abortion of a post season! Neither of the teams in the finals even hosted a regional.
Dobre casy
AG
quote:
I enjoyed watching Arizona and Coastal win but it doesn't change our situation. I'd live to lose a deciding game in Omaha.

If we were 2-0 in the CWS, then got double-dipped by Coastal Carolina, I don't think you'd be on here congratulating RC and team on a nice season. More like calling it what it is, a choke job.
Rocky Rider
AG
quote:
Quit trolling! The biggest disappointment in this years playoffs is the big bad SEC. How many teams did we have in the playoffs and how many made it to Omaha? Ha!
I enjoyed the choke.

Not sorry if that offends some of you that think I lost that right when the SEC had a bad tourney.
Timberwolf
AG
Go Zona!

Happy to see that school do well. Hell of baseball program they have in the desert southwest
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Nothing wrong with enjoying their choke. It just seems idiotic to come on here and crow about it when ours and the SEC's was worse.
Dobre casy
AG
quote:
Nothing wrong with enjoying their choke. It just seems idiotic to come on here and crow about it when ours and the SEC's was worse.
It was an historic choke...I think someone said it was the first time 2 teams in the drivers seat were double-dipped in the CWS. Why is pointing that out idiotic? This is a message board after all...

Just because A&M's season didn't end the way we wanted, we can't discuss the CWS?
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:

If we were 2-0 in the CWS, then got double-dipped by Coastal Carolina, I don't think you'd be on here congratulating RC and team on a nice season. More like calling it what it is, a choke job.

I'd be ecstatic if a Rob Childress team went 2-0 and then choked it away. It would be such an improvement over anything he's done in 11 years.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd be ecstatic if a Rob Childress team went 2-0 and then choked it away.

liar liar pants on fire!
W
AG
when looking at TCU, Tech, and OSU...

TCU (49-18) was the most legit of the bunch. The Frogs won three games vs. #1 seeds (A&M 2x, Tech). And won two games vs. #2 seeds (ASU, CC). Did not lose any games to #3 or #4 seeds. TCU's postseason run validated their regular season success.

Oklahoma State (43-22) got incredibly hot on the mound in the regional & SR. But those 2 weekends were not the norm for the Cowboys. OSU finished just 12-11 vs. the RPI top 50. That's very pedestrian. Also only won 43 games all year --- and 7 of them came in the postseason.

Tech's (47-20) success was once again heavily schedule-driven in the postseason. The Red Raiders played a total of 10 games in the regional + SR + CWS:

2 games vs. #1 seeds...Tech went 1-1
3 games vs. #2 seeds...1-2
4 games vs. #3 seeds...3-1
1 game vs. #4 seed...1-0

eventually Tech ran out of #3 and #4 seeds to play...and they were done
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Too bad so many can only be happy when someone else fails, seems to be the same ones that make excuses for our failures!
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd be ecstatic if a Rob Childress team went 2-0 and then choked it away.

liar liar pants on fire!

I meant exactly what I said. Winning 2 in Omaha with Childress can't even be imagined based on his 11 year record. I'd be ecstatic.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
quote:
Too bad so many can only be happy when someone else fails, seems to be the same ones that make excuses for our failures!

Man some people are completely linear thinkers.

I as I am sure many AGS who love our baseball teams sat in stunned complete silence at Olsen and across the country as we indeed played very poorly against tcu --choked--

We can recognize we had a Omaha calibre team as I also did in 89 sitting in the same stadium ( just on a different baseline as a student)

I can do two things at once as many Aggies who are very smart also can do. Recognize we didn't achieve what we should have on the field this year. We are capable however of witnessing other programs also fail --choke-- when they are clearly in the drivers seat.

I enjoyed the meltdown.

I make no excuses for our failures or want this lack of success to continue. Just search some previous post by all and you will see that.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Like our choke job in the super regional two years in a row?
HToady
quote:
Bdf chokes

What beautiful words!
Wasn't it a Big 12 team that sent the ONLY sec team packing straight away? I think it was.....
DFCStrider
AG
You guys need to learn to lighten up. We're not talking about A&M missing out on Omaha. We're laughing at our old conference for a historic choke job.

Aggie self loathing is at an all-time high even as our overall athletics competed at a high level across the board.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
quote:
quote:
Bdf chokes

What beautiful words!
Wasn't it a Big 12 team that sent the ONLY sec team packing straight away? I think it was.....

Hey troll

Gig 'em
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Bdf chokes

What beautiful words!
yet you found your way over here to defend the conference that gave you a chance at being more than a Mwc school. You are welcome. The big xii only cared about tcu when there was literally no one else to join.
turboboost
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bdf chokes

What beautiful words!
yet you found your way over here to defend the conference that gave you a chance at being more than a Mwc school. You are welcome. The big xii only cared about tcu when there was literally no one else to join.
Let me preface this with the fact that TCU was one of the only teams I gave credit and some respect to out of the b12.

Oh and don't forget...they won't be in this forum too much longer when the B12 disbands...what big 4 conference will little ol' TCU be heading to? Anynoe? I didn't think so. You might get lucky to get an invite back to the MWC. TCU future: Not so shiny.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.