It is time to part ways with Childress

38,930 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasRebel
johnathanclark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think that it is time to part ways with Childress!! This team was ranked #1 in the nation (just like in 1989 and it happened all over again) and had all of the parts to get to Omaha! We should be there now winning this thing!! If Childress can't get to Omaha with this team then he never will!! Yes, he got there one year (2012) but how long has Childress been here? And one appearance is all he has gotten!! Are Aggies just going to sit by and accept making a regional year in and year out?! And Childress is getting paid how much?!

I believe the new Aggie baseball coach should be Tulane's Dave Pierce. He took average talent at Sam Houston State and won three straight regular season conference titles as well as taking them to three straight NCAA appearances. And he just won the AAC conference regular season title this year too!! So if he is taking average and good talent at these schools imagine what he could do with great talent at Texas A&M! He is a proven winner and wins with what he has! A great recruiter, a former pitching coach at Rice (and Rice is very nervous that he may get a big time job where they won't be able to compete with salary). He also has some Aggie ties as he is married to Gary Kubiak's sister! We have better snatch him up before some other school does (like the one 90 miles west of us) does and he starts taking them to World Series! He would've taken this team past TCU and on to the World Series. I guarantee it!! We better get him NOW!! Is time for Childress to go!! He was a $ Bill hire anyway and when it comes to most of his players (at least the ones that I know) they really never liked him. Time to get with the program, stop accepting what is mediocrity here in Aggieland, shoot for the stars and get Pierce before somebody else does!!
_mpaul
AG
quote:
I think that it is time to part ways with Childress!! This team was ranked #1 in the nation (just like in 1989 and it happened all over again) and had all of the parts to get to Omaha! We should be there now winning this thing!! If Childress can't get to Omaha with this team then he never will!! Yes, he got there one year (2012).
quote:
Are Aggies just going to sit by and accept making a regional year in and year out?!
We made super regionals the last two years.
quote:
And Childress is getting paid how much?!
Not that much compared to most of the coaches in the SEC (unless he got a raise I'm not aware of).
TXAGBQ76
AG
So O'Sullivan should fired since they were ranked number one for a good part of the season- and don't forget Miami was ranked number one for a while.

Fire em all!
jkag89
quote:
This team was ranked #1 in the nation and had all of the parts to get to Omaha!
So RC gets no credit for putting together this Omaha worthy team? While you have the right to express your opinion that it is time to part ways with RC, IMO your best argument is not the quality of this year's club.
4ZORRO
AG
quote:
I think that it is time to part ways with Childress!! This team was ranked #1 in the nation (just like in 1989 and it happened all over again) and had all of the parts to get to Omaha! We should be there now winning this thing!! If Childress can't get to Omaha with this team then he never will!! Yes, he got there one year (2012) but how long has Childress been here? And one appearance is all he has gotten!! Are Aggies just going to sit by and accept making a regional year in and year out?! And Childress is getting paid how much?!

I believe the new Aggie baseball coach should be Tulane's Dave Pierce. He took average talent at Sam Houston State and won three straight regular season conference titles as well as taking them to three straight NCAA appearances. And he just won the AAC conference regular season title this year too!! So if he is taking average and good talent at these schools imagine what he could do with great talent at Texas A&M! He is a proven winner and wins with what he has! A great recruiter, a former pitching coach at Rice (and Rice is very nervous that he may get a big time job where they won't be able to compete with salary). He also has some Aggie ties as he is married to Gary Kubiak's sister! We have better snatch him up before some other school does (like the one 90 miles west of us) does and he starts taking them to World Series! He would've taken this team past TCU and on to the World Series. I guarantee it!! We better get him NOW!! Is time for Childress to go!! He was a $ Bill hire anyway and when it comes to most of his players (at least the ones that I know) they really never liked him. Time to get with the program, stop accepting what is mediocrity here in Aggieland, shoot for the stars and get Pierce before somebody else does!!
Pray for Wisdom.
Ag13
AG
quote:
quote:
This team was ranked #1 in the nation and had all of the parts to get to Omaha!
So RC gets no credit for putting together this Omaha worthy team? While you have the right to express your opinion that it is time to part ways with RC, IMO your best argument is not the quality of this year's club.

Omaha worthiness is a completely irrelevant metric if you don't even make Omaha.
TexasRebel
AG
Fire a top 3% coach!!
BMOC86
AG
Moronic post
JRB78
AG
This could be the post that makes it happen.
DFCStrider
AG
RC is a very good coach. We are always relevant. It's hard for anyone to get to the top. We were ranked No. 1 at the end of the season. We spent pretty much the whole season toward the top of the rankings. We didn't win the CWS. We are disappointed. Nobody wants to get there more than our team and our coaches. The competition at the top is extremely tough, and sometimes it's just a matter of getting a bad match-up. I can't believe we have fans that want to fire a coach who ends the season ranked No. 1, won the SEC tournament, would have won the SEC outright if another team had not had a cupcake schedule, swept the field in our regional, and lost 2/3 to the team poised to make to the CWS championship game. Crazy that people would want to fire a coach like that.
hillcountryag86
AG
Florida and LSU folks are irrational and saying the same thing.
dermdoc
AG
May I ask why all the exclamation points?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
And RC is my favorite Aggie coach.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
I think that it is time for you to troll elsewhere
FIFY

Where you been all season?

Childress ain't going anywhere.
peace
S
OP, take time to listen/watch Gabe's interview with J.B. Moss and Hunter Melton, their trials as an aggie baseballer, and what their opinions are of RC......at least compare that to YOUR people who say the players do not like him. It is night and day.
Ag12thman
AG
Very disappointing finish to the year. Very impressive regular season and very well prepared for most of our games this year. Hate that we aren't in the CWS, but the team we lost to is still in it and is one of the last 4 still standing.

This ain't the year to fire Childress.
Ag12thman
AG
Don't understand why so many hate him. He's a classy coach and players seem to be MLB ready after going through his program. How many starting pitchers and/or relievers do with have in MLB right now? It's getting to be a nice number.
Pumpkinhead
AG
My cynical side can't help but wonder if the OP is actually Tulane's head coach.
W
AG
the damning thing for Childress and many other coaches across the country...

Arizona will play for the national title with Jay Johnson in his first season at AZ and in only his 3rd season overall of being a D1 head coach. He coached Nevada in 2014 & 2015. What a find by Greg Byrne, the Wildcat AD
BQ_90
AG
Don't hate him at all, just tired of not making it to Omaha. Again if thst doesn't matter then why does he always talk about it
TexasRebel
AG
It matters. It's the icing on the season, but it's not the ultimate yardstick.

I mentioned earlier. You can end the season undefeated after playing the #1 SOS. Then lose one best of three series and go home. Sure winning the tournament would be awesome, but season rankings aren't meaningless.
BQ_90
AG
Yes they are. Why does the team play for the Omaha cup in the fall, why isn't it the regular season ranked no 1 cup?
titanmaster_race
quote:
Don't hate him at all, just tired of not making it to Omaha. Again if thst doesn't matter then why does he always talk about it
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
quote:
So O'Sullivan should fired since they were ranked number one for a good part of the season- and don't forget Miami was ranked number one for a while.

Fire em all!

How many Nantional Championships does OSullivan have compared to Childress? How many times has OSullivan made it to the CWS compared to Childress?Real Success gets you a few breaks ..... Choking when it counts repeatedly doesn't.

How many times are we going to be "perceived to be relevant" only to find out we aren't really relevant when it counts? Going on 10+ years... Maybe another 10+ with none or maybe 1 more CWS visit with no wins. All the while Vandy, TCU, LSU, Florida, Texas Tech, and OSU make it 2, 3, 4, or 5 times during this same period. Those teams never get tough match ups, never have to play a winner take all on the road or at home, and don't have the talent to win like we do!
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
but season rankings aren't meaningless.
Not meaningless but not terribly important, either. Who here would not want to trade places with Oregon State's last 11 years right now?

quote:
We made super regionals the last two years.

And have done so only 5 times in 11 years with a 4-9 record there with only one series win out of the 5. Is this truly an upgrade over Mark Johnson?

quote:
top 3% coach!
The only people that think that post here. Exactly who has tried to hire RC away from A&M?
Agsncws
AG
I think its fair to say our postseason reports have been disappointing over the course of RCs tenure. For any one particular year, I think it's pointless to criticize any coach as literally anything can happen in the postseason. Over a significant period of time, criticism is fair. Anyone overlooking the strength of the program RC has developed is making a grave error. It is an important part of being a successful coach. But at the same time, achievements in the post season are also a part of the evaluation. Its not black and white. He has been and can be successful and he also has not achieved the post season results everyone expects. He's not likely to be fired so long as the talent level continues at or near it's current level.
TexasRebel
AG
I'm pretty sure making a super consistently puts you in the top 3%.
Stamdomgs
344 words, 25 exclamation marks, 5 periods, and 3 question marks... Fascinating!
Rocco S
quote:
It matters. It's the icing on the season, but it's not the ultimate yardstick.

I mentioned earlier. You can end the season undefeated after playing the #1 SOS. Then lose one best of three series and go home. Sure winning the tournament would be awesome, but season rankings aren't meaningless.

Making Omaha and winning a NC isn't the ultimate yardstick?

Fellow Aggies frustrate the hell out of me sometimes.
jkag89
quote:
I think its fair to say our postseason reports have been disappointing over the course of RCs tenure. For any one particular year, I think it's pointless to criticize any coach as literally anything can happen in the postseason. Over a significant period of time, criticism is fair. Anyone overlooking the strength of the program RC has developed is making a grave error. It is an important part of being a successful coach. But at the same time, achievements in the post season are also a part of the evaluation. Its not black and white. He has been and can be successful and he also has not achieved the post season results everyone expects. He's not likely to be fired so long as the talent level continues at or near it's current level.
Far too reasonable a post for this board.
72jag
AG
With all the rankings,regionals,supers,etc we will never make Omaha with RC. Just face it.
AB2
AG
You know, I was on the fence, but this post...THIS POST IN AN OCEAN OF MADNESS...convinced me.

Thank you for taking the time.
Buford T. Justice
AG
quote:
With all the rankings,regionals,supers,etc we will never make Omaha with RC. Just face it.

I won't go that far, but in my opinion, we will not win it all under his watch. But, I don't think that the masses really care, and are generally happy with losing out in the super round.

RC is a very good coach, but I simply don't think that he's a CWS championship-level coach. If we haven't won another game in the CWS by 2020, I believe that the masses will be on board with a change by then.

It is what it is.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
Given that half the country doesn't even seriously participate in baseball due to cold weather, this statement seems false. Certainly for southern or PAC power 5 teams.
Agsncws
AG
quote:
quote:
Given that half the country doesn't even seriously participate in baseball due to cold weather, this statement seems false. Certainly for southern or PAC power 5 teams.
The math is pretty simple. 300 teams play D1 baseball. Doesnt matter what part of the country they are from. Top 3% would be top 9 teams. Whether we are there or not is for each to decide, but thats the line - plain and simple.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.