Worst CWS ever...

17,504 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

One of these teams will win a national championship. Unbelievable.
ftworthag02
AG
Agree

Wouldn't be surprised if has one of the lowest viewership in the past 10yrs
12whoop
AG
It really just blows my mind that they tore Rosenblatt down... This new stadium is gorgeous.. but I'm so tired of seeing guys tattoo balls that barely make the cut of the warning track. Build the stadium where the wind blows out!

There might some of you that are pitching and defense driven baseball viewers... but bombs, triples, and doubles drive the excitement and ratings.

And yes... the field is weak. Only national seed left is #5 and it's tech. Yeesh
TexasRebel
AG
What's wrong with AZ and oSu?
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

TCU is 2-0 after avoiding Florida altogether. They need one more win in the next two games against Tech or Coastal to play for a national title.

Think about that. Could have and should have been us.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
jja79
AG
Except they're better than us. We played at our place and they won. As usual we're not there so we'll never know.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
Except they're better than us. We played at our place and they won. As usual we're not there so we'll never know.

Exactly. Enjoy the peace of knowing that our team got beaten fair and square.

We had every advantage and the better team won.

It's baseball. It happens.

It wasn't meant to be.
PJYoung
AG
And whichever team survives the meat grinder of the college baseball playoffs deserves the title of champion.

It's not a fluke when you win that many games in May and June.
TexasRebel
AG
So if a team goes undefeated from February to June then loses 2/3 to a team they are 4-2 against...
PJYoung
AG
quote:
So if a team goes undefeated from February to June then loses 2/3 to a team they are 4-2 against...

You gotta be good when it counts the most and the pressure is the highest.
HoustonAg2106
AG
I think it's just time to admit that while the Big 12 overall was not a good conference, it was definitely stronger than we thought at the top. It's still possible to have an all Big 12 CWS finals which blows my mind...
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
So if a team goes undefeated from February to June then loses 2/3 to a team they are 4-2 against..
That's why it is played on the field and not in the polls
TexasRebel
AG
It's also still possible to have no big 12 teams in the final. Just depends on tonight.
jkag89
quote:
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

One of these teams will win a national championship.
Why should what schools that are in Omaha determine if it is a good or bad CWS? Shouldn't it be the quality of play?

Okie State and Arizona were regular visitors. Arizona won it all as recently 2012. oSu made seven or eight straight trips in the '80s.

I personally find it fun when schools with good programs like Coastal (and those in the past ULaLa, Southern Miss, Missouri St, Fresno St.) get their moment in the sun. I even enjoy when true Cinderellas make it like Stoney Brooke and Kent St. from a few seasons ago.
KT 90
AG
Given the teams left, I'm all for either Coastal Carolina or Arizona winning the title this year.

jkag89
quote:
quote:
Texas Tech
TCU
Coastal Carolina
Oklahoma State
Arizona

TCU is 2-0 after avoiding Florida altogether. They need one more win in the next two games against Tech or Coastal to play for a national title.

Think about that. Could have and should have been us.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
Not the Froggies fault they didn't face the Gators. Not sure why you believe things would be different if they had since Florida lost to both tech and Costal.
KatyAg88
Perhaps OP meant most boring ever. Lowest amount of runs in first rounds of a CWS. Yawn.
Really good pitching = not much scoring.
Lurch B. is scoring the most.
OldSaltAg
TCU didn't even have to play the #1 overall seed. They don't deserve to be where they are right now. At least play the game and see who wins.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
TCU didn't even have to play the #1 overall seed. They don't deserve to be where they are right now. At least play the game and see who wins.

What?
histag10
AG
I'm hoping Arizona wins it all. Just because everyone was criticizing the west this year, and I have nothing invested in any of the teams.
jkag89
quote:
Perhaps OP meant most boring ever. Lowest amount of runs in first rounds of a CWS. Yawn.
Really good pitching = not much scoring.
Lurch B. is scoring the most.
Personally don't think low scoring games are necessarily boring. However unlike before the change to the new ball, it is not because there is no threat of the long ball. A number of base running mistakes and a large number of double plays have snuffed out many potential rallies. Have to admit I've found most of the games far from compelling.
CampingAg
AG
There's been an average of 3.5 runs per game (total, for both teams combined) in games in Omaha this year. It certainly feels like if you fall behind by 2 or 3 runs, the game is out of reach. Pitching and defense is fun, yes, but so are 9-8, back-and-forth affairs. By and large, the games have not been entertaining this year.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Enjoy the peace of knowing that our team got beaten fair and square.

We had every advantage and the better team won.

It's baseball. It happens.

It wasn't meant to be.
It never is
Aggie09Derek
AG
They need to bring in the fences 15-20 feet.
TXAggie2011
AG

TXAggie2011
AG
Those that are focusing a lot on the names and affiliations of the 5 particular teams left come across as just jealous/upset that there aren't SEC teams remaining.

Coastal Carolina is 3rd in the nation with 1.4 home runs a game.

They've scored over 7 runs a game for the season.

Maybe you'll claim they played weak competition (they actually played a pretty tough schedule), but if you think they're still seeing weak competition, then who knows.

TCU has also scored over 7 runs a game. Texas Tech has scored 6.9 runs a game.

At least those three teams are high powered offenses that have posted big numbers on a number of good to great teams at this point.

Arizona has scored 5.9 a game.

I'd say Oklahoma State is the real only offensive "slacker "in the bunch, at 5.5 runs a game, but come on, you have to have enjoyed the shows a couple of top 200 MLB draft picks have put on on the mound this post-season.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Between this and Deloss Dodds controlling the CWS, surely this guy is a troll.
Reservoir Dog
My hope is that so few people watch because of all the small schools... that the NCAA rethinks how the seed the Super Regionals.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Totally agree with you. Love to see great pitching, but put that with a park that denies the majority of the long balls and I have one word, BORING. Very disappointed in CWS. No magic no more!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BurnetAggie99
Arizona has the better historical baseball history out of all those teams.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
My hope is that so few people watch because of all the small schools... that the NCAA rethinks how the seed the Super Regionals.
What do you suggest they do?

7 of the 8 Super Regionals were hosted by ACC and SEC teams.

The NCAA can't really do anything about it when 3 SEC teams and an additional ACC team lose at home to a 2-seed.

The bracket was setup for the SEC and ACC to dominate but they just didn't take care of business.
jkag89
Totally disagree. Before the livelier ball you certainly had this argument. Sure balls have been run down that likely be home runs in many parks. The same could be said of Hoover but didn't see these complaints during the SEC Tournament. Poor base running and a large number of double plays killing potential rallies has kept down run totals far more than the spacious park.
BurnetAggie99
College baseball should just go ahead and adopt the MLB ball.
Aggie
AG
quote:

This.. Don't take the " almighty us" approach as we sit at home and watch these teams.
They deserve to be there.
Who ever wins the title will be deserving.
Period.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Hey, I didn't say you had to agree with me. In my opinion, I have enjoyed SEC series at Olsen and the other venues a lot more than I have enjoyed the CWS. Last time I checked, I could still have my opinion. OSU sitting in the winner's bracket with two games and a total of 2 scores doesn't excite me. I find the park and the prevailing winds less than ideal. I just believe that I am not seeing the best overall teams playing for all the marbles. Rant over.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.