Tyler Ivey Gone

45,685 Views | 285 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Picadillo said:

Shame he didn't stay.

This program under Rob has had quite a few "late bloomer" pitchers who ended up as successful upperclassmen, a few of which are now pitching in the bigs. Rob has been masterful and patient in working with them.

But no.

In this day and age, call it a millennial thing, sometimes they want to play NOW and are willing to sacrifice their long term future to do it.

So - from being a potential weekend starter under one of the best pitching coaches in the nation - to an obscure community college.

I have a strong sense of how this will turn out. There's a price to pay for thinking "me" instead of "team".

Well yeah. We know how it turned out. "From being a shunned freshman pitcher on the staff to a 3rd round draft pick one year later."

It didn't work at A&M. Oh well. Some were upset that it didn't. His dad came on here and was very respectful in his posts. Not every fit is a good fit.

His son made a decision we didn't like (leaving A&M) but a year later he's a 3rd round draft pick.

Good for him and his family. I'm sure this is an incredibly special day for them.
Bocephus
AG
What is the bonus for his draft slot? Anyone know how he did at Grayson?
MAT
AG
Another special day for the Ivey family as Tyler gets his first MLB start for the Astros against his favorite team growing up.
Aggies2009
AG
Gave up 4 runs and an ERA of 7.

Astros batting kept him from getting the loss.
Aggies2009
AG
And he's on his way back down.
jkag89
By the very nature of the call up, Astros having a couple of starters on the IL and Ivey having his full number of options, it could be inferred that it was only going to be for a spot start which happens all the time in MLB during the course of a long season. Despite his numbers, Tyler handled himself well and gave the Astros a chance to win
Aggies2009
AG
Oh I'm not making any commentary on him- just giving updates.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.