Disappointing

12,399 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AGDAD14
AGDAD14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In the absence of a comeback today by the Aggie baseball team... how disappointing will it be to miss the SEC championship game... getting to play Vandy and Ole Miss (and not having to face Florida, LSU or MSU)... and being a top 3 or 4 team in the country?

I'm just curious as I learn more about Aggie baseball history.

Gig'em Aggies!!!

ProphAC
AG
Ummm, this game isn't over
ProphAC
AG
We can do this
Ragoo
AG
You think vandy and ole miss are inferior to Florida, lsu and msstate?
CypressAg09
AG
Not that disappointing. I care a lot more about a national seed lock than I do about a meaningless conference tournament championship.
Sean98
AG
quote:
In the absence of a comeback today by the Aggie baseball team... how disappointing will it be to miss the SEC championship game... getting to play Vandy and Ole Miss (and not having to face Florida, LSU or MSU)... and being a top 3 or 4 team in the country?

I'm just curious as I learn more about Aggie baseball history.

Gig'em Aggies!!!

Not disappointing at all. We played quality teams, got good work in, and can rest for the real tournament.
jkag89
Would love another shot at Florida. Not going to cry if it doesn't happen this weekend.
AGDAD14
I would love to be wrong... and see a great comeback today!

For most of the year, the country has thought Florida to be #1, MSU won the SEC, and LSU is one of the hottest teams in the country (correct?)..... wouldn't it have been a much tougher path to the championship game than Ole Miss or Vandy?

My question was more about my lack of knowledge of Aggie baseball history.

Gig'em Aggies!!!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Choooo-chooooo!!!
dermdoc
AG
We swept MSU at their place and won the series from LSU when the games were much more meaningful than these tourney games.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
There is a misconception that the tourney is more important than it is. Unless you are trying to become a seed, host, or play your way into the NCAA tourney the conference tourneys mean very little.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sean98
AG
quote:

For most of the year, the country has thought Florida to be #1, MSU won the SEC, and LSU is one of the hottest teams in the country (correct?)..... wouldn't it have been a much tougher path to the championship game than Ole Miss or Vandy?

Part of the reason OleMiss and Vandy aren't hotter is because they had to play us late in the season.

With the exception of Florida, every team that has played us this year has walked way with a series loss.
Sean98
AG
quote:
There is a misconception that the tourney is more important than it is. Unless you are trying to become a seed, host, or play your way into the NCAA tourney the conference tourneys mean very little.

Don't you dare say bad things about the conference tourney! It's a precious jewel! How dare you!?
Sean98
CypressAg09
AG
Hahahhahahahahah
AGDAD14
WHOOP!!! I'll save my question for another year....

I'm sure my question woke-up the Fightin' Farmers... LOL

Gig'em Aggies!!!
FtBendTxAg
AG
We gone win the sex championship
dermdoc
AG
But I really, really hate Ole Miss and their coach and their fans.
dermdoc
AG
The sex championship? Kinky
AB2
AG
quote:

I always think that and then my wife gets a headache...
Wildmen03
AG
Anyone who makes a thread like this and the Ags end up winning anyway, should get a mandatory 48 hour ban.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Ha ha OP. You're such a quitter!
SunrayAg
AG
OP, are you still disappointed?
spanky
AG
quote:
jkag89
quote:
Anyone who makes a thread like this and the Ags end up winning anyway, should get a mandatory 48 hour ban.

Why is there always one that has to jump the gun? Should be banned from the Baseball Board as long as the Aggies are still playing.
trouble
AG
But I'll happily take the trophy
Buford T. Justice
AG
quote:

Why do you hate Bianco?
spanky
AG
quote:
quote:

Why do you hate Bianco?
Why would you not hate everybody from that '89 LSU team?
trouble
AG
LSU 1989
dermdoc
AG
He was on the 1989 LSU team AND he acts like a little beech.
trouble
AG
Don't forget his creepy little arms
80s Guy
quote:
He was on the 1989 LSU team AND he acts like a little beech.

What he said
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do you hate Bianco?
Why would you not hate everybody from that '89 LSU team?

Also he's a tool who pulls every trick in the book to interrupt the game when his pitcher is getting shelled.
alamoaggie64
AG
I don't fault you for feeling that way. I have followed them for 65 years and often feel that way. I had something today and got home when it was 5-8. Within minutes it was 10-5. For once, I brought them good luck.
dermdoc
AG
He really acted like a turd when they beat us in the regional at Olsen. Sorry, I have a looooong memory.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.