Where does the incoming recruiting class rank?

5,324 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mdanyc03
Amazing Moves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is there a link other than 12th man? Is the class complete? Who is gonna get drafted? Any transfers?

Thanks
jkag89
Aggies Ink 13 Signees for 2017 Campaign
aggiewilliford
I taught Hunter Coleman in 9th grade AP World Geography. He was top 6 in his class. Smart smart smart. Dad was a coach under Mark Johnson while at A&M. He is a great kid and a great player. Soooooooo excited to see him coming to the Ags!
jkag89
Sorry Amazing, misread your posts. I'm sure there are sites that grade classes (Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball) but not sure if they wait until the whole process is complete or not. I know there are sites that grade high school kids as far as their college prospects and projected draft positions (a GIS of some of the names in th 12th Man story should take you to them). The ones I've stumbled across are not necessarily well maintained so it is more or less hit or miss. After the season is over might be a better time to spark a discussion.
Amazing Moves
quote:
Thanks for the reply but, I was looking for something other than the A&M site.

Also I noticed that Will Frizzell from Rockwall and Aaron Walters are 2017 commits. Why aren't they listed as signees?
histag10
AG
quote:
I taught Hunter Coleman in 9th grade AP World Geography. He was top 6 in his class. Smart smart smart. Dad was a coach under Mark Johnson while at A&M. He is a great kid and a great player. Soooooooo excited to see him coming to the Ags!

Live in Midland?
Ted Logan
AG
That's a impressive looking class. Looks like a lot of elite players.

I was curious to see if we had a good class or not and whether there were enough elite players to fill out the other big programs in Texas. I looked up the whorns recruiting class for comparison thought the write up was pretty interesting. Scroll down in the link and read the "Personal" part of each player. Looks like each kid was recruited because of their family. They may all be good players, but this write up sure didn't tout any of their accomplishments. Also noticed another legacy joining them. Shane Reynolds kid signed with them. Following the Clements plan I guess.

http://www.texassports.com/news/2015/11/11/BB_1111155547.aspx
PhatMack19
AG
I was thinking about going to watch Tanner James play this weekend. One of my best friends coaches they team he is playing against. According to him, James is one of the best hitters in the state.
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
quote:
Thanks for the reply but, I was looking for something other than the A&M site.

Also I noticed that Will Frizzell from Rockwall and Aaron Walters are 2017 commits. Why aren't they listed as signees?
The school/coaches cannot mention recruits until they sign. I don't believe Frizzell and Walters have signed
aggiewilliford
Yes mamm, no water and 100 degrees. Ughhhhh
histag10
AG
quote:

I'm pretty much from there. Grew up 45 miles south, went to school roughly 40 miles east. Lots of family in Midland and surrounding areas
histag10
AG
And I lived in Odessa for a year before moving here. Ugh. That was horrible
aggiewilliford
quote:
quote:

I'm pretty much from there. Grew up 45 miles south, went to school roughly 40 miles east. Lots of family in Midland and surrounding areas

I have spent at least 32 of my 42 years of life here. It's too damn crowded right now. And too damn hot!
aggiewilliford
quote:
And I lived in Odessa for a year before moving here. Ugh. That was horrible

Yep HO-dessa OR Slow-Deatha as my dad calls it, is really sucky! Sorry to all from odessa, Midland isn't any great Mecca either!
histag10
AG
Luckily, I lived off of University about a block from the Grande. Wasn't a horrible area.

I'll actually be back in the area in Sept. My brother is getting married. Good Ole German catholic wedding.
aggiewilliford
quote:
Luckily, I lived off of University about a block from the Grande. Wasn't a horrible area.

I'll actually be back in the area in Sept. My brother is getting married. Good Ole German catholic wedding.

I'm doomed to be here until my son graduates.....just 5 more years. Ughhhhhh....Oh well that's life! Too damn far from BCS, but you are even further away than me.
histag10
AG
What school does he attend? High, Lee, christian, trinity

The goal for us is to make it back in a few years when oil improves a little. Would likely end up in Midland, Giddings, NM, or OK
aggiewilliford
quote:

The goal for us is to make it back in a few years when oil improves a little. Would likely end up in Midland, Giddings, NM, or OK

Lee high school
histag10
AG
Oh fun! I always liked Lee better than High. Maybe it's just the area.
aggiewilliford
quote:
Oh fun! I always liked Lee better than High. Maybe it's just the area.

I went there and taught at LFHS! Go Rebels! My sisters went to MHS unfortunately for them!
SW AG80
AG
histag, where did you grow up? German Catholic wedding could be St. Lawrence. Maybe Midkiff?
histag10
AG
... maybe.

How do you know of these places?
West Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

Lee high school

**** Midland Lee.

From an Abilene High grad.
aggiewilliford
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lee high school

**** Midland Lee.

I can see how u would feel that way. I remember watching that televised game a couple years ago when yall killed us 77 to like 6. One of my students brothers was the mercy touchdown 6....brutal, just brutal!
histag10
AG
quote:
histag, where did you grow up? German Catholic wedding could be St. Lawrence. Maybe Midkiff?

Are you from there?
SW AG80
AG
I was born and raised in the beautiful town of Big Lake.
West Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lee high school

**** Midland Lee.

I can see how u would feel that way. I remember watching that televised game a couple years ago when yall killed us 77 to like 6. One of my students brothers was the mercy touchdown 6....brutal, just brutal!

Been some tough times for the Rebs since the glory days of Cedric Benson. That game had to be the low point.
histag10
AG
quote:
I was born and raised in the beautiful town of Big Lake.

So was another poster on here.

Yes, I'm from St. Lawrence or Midkiff. I went to school in Garden City.
aggiewilliford
Oh yeah there has been! It's like Permian we paved the way and then lost our way!
mdanyc03
AG
Three position players that may start next year are hunter Coleman, Cameron Blake and Hudson Sanchez. If Sanchez doesn't go too high in the draft.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.