Melton

5,723 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jkag89
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I balanced a softball on top of a baseball bat with 2 quarters on top of it (adds up to 50 for #50).

I realized this slump is probably in some way my fault, and I hadn't really done my part yet to get it fixed. The goal is that the ball will look as big as a softball tomorrow for Melton. All evidence from previous insane superstitious habits and practices indicates this will be successful.
Ginsang
AG
quote:
I balanced a softball on top of a baseball bat with 2 quarters on top of it (adds up to 50 for #50).

I realized this slump is probably in some way my fault, and I hadn't really done my part yet to get it fixed. The goal is that the ball will look as big as a softball tomorrow for Melton. All evidence from previous insane superstitious habits and practices indicates this will be successful.

I'm sold. Tomorrow's going to be great!
BTKAG97
AG
quote:
There was a thread basically blaming him for the Saturday loss to Ole Miss and hence causing the Aggies the regular season title. Calls for him to sit. Etc.
And yet that isn't this thread.
phatpat21
Those are absolutely terrible numbers. I knew he has been bad lately but man that is really bad. Wow
jkag89
quote:
quote:
There was a thread basically blaming him for the Saturday loss to Ole Miss and hence causing the Aggies the regular season title. Calls for him to sit. Etc.
And yet that isn't this thread.
So? There are any number of threads in which discussions are carried over. My reaction was not directed to those simply discussing moving Hunter out of the clean-up spot and how the line-up might look. Please note my post did not occur until much of the discussion moved past this. Over reaction on my part, sure but seeing some of the same comments pop up on this thread combined with the numerous grumblings on other threads prompted me to finally vent a bit.
McInnis
AG
His last big hit was the home run that won the second game vs. pig, during the all- time best slump buster thread.

Just saying...
Red Pill
AG
He needs to get rid of the homerunitis and get back to more contact hitting. He's swinging hard instead of fast.
Amazing Moves
Fair enough. Here's hoping he breaks out of it today.
phatpat21
Melton down to the 8 spot
Banks 2
Moss back to 1
Davis takes over for Choruby
W
AG
and I would say the move down the order worked. Melton got a double and a walk yesterday with 2 RBI and a run scored.

I'm surprised so many posters don't understand the difference in pressure & expectations in hitting in the top half of the lineup vs. the bottom half. We have seen so many hitters respond this year after moving down in the order
aeon-ag
quote:
I think it's time to move him down. He clearly isnt seeing the ball well. Should RC switch him and Banks?
He's pulling his head up before he makes contact with the ball. He's looking for where the ball is going instead of keeping his head down.
aeon-ag
quote:
He needs to get rid of the homerunitis and get back to more contact hitting. He's swinging hard instead of fast.
YES!
jkag89
Never fails. "Love" the internet coaches that come out of the woodwork.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.