Ben McDonald

10,839 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just want to reiterate, I HATE ben mcdonald! According to him, anyone should have been the SEC MVP besides Boomer. His schtick gets so frickin old. Rant over.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
CypressAg09
AG
Agreed. Started to stream the vandy game, heard him start talking, immediately turned it off. Cant stand that guy.
PFlat
AG
he used to annoy me, and he is a major LSU homer (obviously)
but he doesn't bother me so much anymore. I'm kind of used to him. I'd rather listen to him than Dave South and that's a fact. #flameaway

edit: he's also better than Will Johnson
powerbelly
AG
I didn't hear, but what was his rationale?

He was nails at 3B and hit over .400.

Aggieangler93
AG
He has a long standing grudge against our school.....just a whiny little ***** about it mainly. So he can never be complimentary to Aggies.

He claims folks at Olsen were throwing stuff at him when he was warming up in the bullpen, back when he played for the swamp kitties. Folks on here that were at the game, vehemently deny that. He's a solid contender for dbag of the year.
Aggieangler93
ParkerAg
AG
I will take Dave South and Will J over McDonald any day. Typically, when McDonald is on I just mute the sound.
trouble
AG
He's such an ass
BQ_90
AG
I'd rather be forced to eat levy concessions than listen to corndog Ben
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I'd rather sit next to the Vandy whistler through the game than have to listen to Ben McDonald.
Aggieangler93
AG
I cannot pick one here. I would rather just shoot them both.
mdanyc03
AG
He really doesn't bother me and honestly the fact that he makes up stuff about people throwing things at him doesn't really bother me either.
Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:
I'd rather be forced to eat levy concessions than listen to corndog Ben
Mark Fairchild
AG
Try to get back with the quote. Will have to find it on the recording. Right now, am watching Kentucky and Alabama.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
annie88
AG
He was hyper as **** too.
aggiealltheway
AG
He doesn't bother me at all, either. During our games that he covers, he constantly talks very positively about the Ags -- way more than the other team we face. I know every commentator (except Gary Danielson) will talk highly of the teams playing (because those are the primary fans watching the broadcast), but he seems to talk more highly of the Ags than just about any other commentator...except Will Johnson, who I have hard time listening to.

I fully understand the hatred for what he did to the Ags when he played, but as a color commentator, he's actually really good and knows a lot about baseball. He also cracks me up with his "off-color" commentating, such as when he called his college cohorts coonasses on air the other day.
histag10
AG
Will Johnson typically talks highly of the team the Ags are playing, more than he talks highly of the ags...
BoerneGator
AG
quote:

I fully understand the hatred for what he did to the Ags when he played...
I don't think you (fully) understand what you think you (fully) understand. He's not hated for "what he did"; rather for what he's done since, including making **** up about what happened way back then.
pokerag2
AG
He's ass my dude...
trouble
AG
Um , we must be listening to completely different games.
aggiewilliford
quote:
He's ass my dude...

THIS!
NE PA Ag
He picked A&M to win the SEC tournament. He must not be that blinded by hatred.
EMY92
AG
Ben McDonald is a large, lying bag of feces.
Signel
AG
Instead of listening to him, I opted for the Vandy audio of the game.. Vastly better IMO.
histag10
AG
quote:
He picked A&M to win the SEC tournament. He must not be that blinded by hatred.

He picked the #1 team in the country to win their conference tournament. It's not a far stretch.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:

I fully understand the hatred for what he did to the Ags when he played...
I don't think you (fully) understand what you think you (fully) understand. He's not hated for "what he did"; rather for what he's done since, including making **** up about what happened way back then.

Screw that. I was at that f-ing double header. I hate him for WHAT HE DID. I could care less that he makes stuff up.
histag10
AG
*couldn't care less

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.
67walkon
Was a turd in '89 and that has not changed
jja79
AG
As a fan base we have the thinnest skins.
Ag for Life
AG
He doesn't really bother me.

The real tragedy is Will Johnson... Are we stuck with him? Out of all Aggies he got the gig? He's brutal to listen to, absolutely brutal.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
BrandoC
AG
I ageee on the Will Johnson statement. That guy is annoying.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:

No need to gaslight. People have legitimate complaints with he guy. Take your self loathing elsewhere.
aggiewilliford
quote:
He doesn't really bother me.

The real tragedy is Will Johnson... Are we stuck with him? Out of all Aggies he got the gig? He's brutal to listen to, absolutely brutal.

This! Why are we as a fan base subjected to WJ? TRAVESTY, TRAVESTY! !!!!
Ginsang
AG
The *****ing about McDonald is so overplayed. I'd much rather listen to him than our embarrassing Johnson & Johnson.

I was watching Vanderbilt stomp Mizzou earlier today, and when the subject of SEC Player of the Year came up he had nothing but positive things to say about Boomer. Is he an LSU homer? I'd sure hope so... At least he's able to commentate with a decent degree of neutrality, and brings a legitimate understanding/knowledge of the game to the table.

I find it interesting that even the perspective afforded us by experiencing some truly terrible commentators isn't enough to prevent the *****ing and moaning that ensues any time that ole lyin' devil Benny McDonald picks up a baseball game.

Sometimes it's better to let go of the past and move on. Something tells me that SEC baseball will become much more enjoyable for a lot of y'all if you're able to do that, as I don't think Benny's going anywhere.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.