Vinson to Start Wednesday

3,614 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PJYoung
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My bad. I went back and re-read and you weren't talking SEC tourney. I guess I got confused as the OP was talking SEC tourney.
txagssweetie2014
Vinson may prove to be our 3rd starter! Then we have 3 guys that can pitch 7-9 innings at a high level. Ecker can close. RC then works with the rest of the staff to get a few outs if necessary.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Vinson vs Kilichowski

I like our chances
Rocco S
We know what Vinson is capable of out of the bullpen.

If we lose a game in our Regional, we are going to then need a quality start from outside our normal weekend rotation. We will for sure need quality starts outside our weekend rotation in the CWS if we make it. We have next to nothing to play for in the SECT, it's a great opportunity to see what we have with Vinson starting.
Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
So I guess at some point in a few days we will see Yell Practice respond to this thread with the following:

"Vinson went five innings on Friday"
trm94
AG
Not sure that is a good move, but we'll see. RC will be judged solely on whether this team can get to Omaha.
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
Vinson may prove to be our 3rd starter! Then we have 3 guys that can pitch 7-9 innings at a high level. Ecker can close. RC then works with the rest of the staff to get a few outs if necessary.
Have to hope this is not the situation after a full season of baseball or the "nervous about pitching" posts are valid. I think RC uses (at least last year) the tourney as practice or tweaking as opposed to searching for an answer. One of only a few times you'll read a post from me defending RC.
Wicked Good Ag
I think this works out for the better...we see if Vinson can pitch in a starting role and how many innings can he go before the tourney.

As for the regional, if Vinson pitches well tomorrow then maybe he goes in Game 1 of a regional unless we play someone like a 4 seed Navy squad with Luke Gillingham taking the mound. Then I put a more experienced starter like Hill on the mound.
Signel
AG
If Vinson is on, he is a hell of a pitcher. Why not take a chance now when it doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. Rob can pull him at any time if things get ugly. Seems like a win win to me.
histag10
AG
quote:
If Vinson is on, he is a hell of a pitcher. Why not take a chance now when it doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. Rob can pull him at any time if things get ugly. Seems like a win win to me.

Unless we lose. Then it's not a win
PJYoung
AG
quote:
Coaching staff are attempting to win the SEC tournament, according to recent interviews.

Don't they have to say that?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.