Aggie Baseball Camp for Caleb

5,335 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A few weeks ago, I posted about a friend of mine named Caleb Nyberg. Caleb and I got to know each other while he was battling leukemia a few years ago as a 5-year old. He was diagnosed when he was 3-years old, treated at Dell Children's Hospital in Austin, and has now been chemo-free since he was 6 years old. He is now 10, and has developed a passion for baseball and Texas A&M. In that time, he's served as an inspiration and friend to me.

He would like to attend Texas A&M's baseball camp this Summer, but his family is not able to provide the total cost of the camp. He doesn't want to attend the University of Houston camp -- only Texas A&M. I've, to this point, been unable to secure him a scholarship or slot for camp this summer, so I wanted to turn to the baseball board and TexAgs to see if maybe a group of us - together - can help supplement the cost of camp for him and his family.

If this is something that you would like to be a part of, please feel free, but don't feel obligated -- this is my last resort effort to get Caleb to the camp that would give him the best experience and he would enjoy the most. (I'm able to drop $100 over what this fund produces.)

***Fund Goal is Met, He's going to be at A&M Baseball Camp!

You can support Caleb and others still by making a donation to Dell Children's Hospital --- select the Cancer and Blood Disorders tab at the donation page below.

https://www.supportseton.org/dell-childrens/give

Caleb got to meet Shon Coleman who beat the same leukemia that he had after the Texas A&M/Auburn football game this year. Caleb wears the same number for football as Shon and gave him his jersey.

Caleb and his brother at TexAgs Studios in the hot seat.
annie88
TAQ
Wareagle- Just want reassurance...Please honestly confirm to me that this completely truthful and he could not attend on his own, and I will pay for half of it tonight if someone else will match me for the remaining half.
wareagle044
quote:
Wareagle- Just want reassurance...Please honestly confirm to me that this completely truthful and he could not attend on his own, and I will pay for half of it tonight if someone else will match me for the remaining half.

I've PM'd you my contact information. Feel free to give me a call. If I had the means to provide the entire costs myself, I would, and this is a last resort option as I've reached to other contacts with loose connections to the program, but have not made much headway over the past 8 weeks.

Ted Logan
AG
quote:

I'll do the other half
annie88
AG
I put $50 in the go fund me, so add that to it.
dermdoc
AG
Got in here too late. Lots of generous Ags on here. PM me if you need more .
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
96ags
AG
quote:
Got in here too late. Lots of generous Ags on here. PM me if you need more .
Ditto
wareagle044
That was a quick response. I'll make sure to get Caleb post a thank you and if I'm able to be in College Station, I'll get pictures of a scrimmage and make sure to share with the boards.

Thank you guys so much -- Caleb is going to be fired up when he finds out he's coming to Texas A&M for baseball camp.
Wabs
AG
Wareagle - do you now have enough for this young man to attend the camp?
wareagle044
quote:
Wareagle - do you now have enough for this young man to attend the camp?
The cost of the camp is $600, I am going to add another $100 on top of this for a total of $500 which means it will only be $100 out of pocket for his mother whose max budget was $250. I'm going to call Caleb when he gets out of school to tell him this afternoon -- as of right now he thinks he has to go stay with family in Houston for the University of Houston day camp.

I'm going to develop a scholarship certificate for him from the TexAgs Baseball and Softball Board.
Tex100
AG
I put in $25.
wareagle044
I found a quick certificate generator online and just emailed this to his mom to give him when he gets home from school.

Wabs
AG
This is just plain old good bull. You just can't find a better story than this. Please keep us posted, OP.

Swing for the fences Caleb!
AgEng06
Sea Gull
AG
Damn, just saw this...has enough been raised?

Good bull, Ags.
Tanya 93
Wabs
AG
quote:
Damn, just saw this...has enough been raised?

Good bull, Ags.
I just donated $25 and it looked like the total was up to $315 (goal of $400?).
COSCAggie03
AG
War,
Does he have a favorite player on this years team? I cant throw any money in but i could do a poster from one of my photos if he does have a favorite...shoot me an email: info @ Comeandtakeit dot Photography
dyhardag
wareagle044
quote:
War,
Does he have a favorite player on this years team? I cant throw any money in but i could do a poster from one of my photos if he does have a favorite...shoot me an email: info @ Comeandtakeit dot Photography
COSC is mailing a Michael Barash poster directly to Caleb as soon as he picks out a picture of Barash in his catching equipment. He's going to take one specifically for Caleb in future games if he can't find one in his database.
Yell Practice
Have a Great time Caleb.
AGinHI
Tanya 93
This is awesome.

I wonder if this is a project that could be started and continued by others.

Benny is a Cub Scout and a player for the Mizzou Tigers was an Eagle Scout and he was explaining his project to them at one meeting.

That could be something really cool, establishing a scholarship program for a kid or 2 to attend baseball camp.
annie88
AG
quote:
COSC is mailing a Michael Barash poster directly
My favorite player too. I'd like a poster too, but at my age, it would be creepy, not cute like Caleb.
wareagle044
Dear TexAgs Baseball and Softball Forum,

You're responsible for this smile today.

Yell Practice
Dobie Ag
Yell Practice
Super Program
annie88
AG
quote:
Dear TexAgs Baseball and Softball Forum,

You're responsible for this smile today.

Awesome!
histag10
AG
quote:
Super Program

What program are you referring to? A&M baseball camp?
TAQ
Thanks! Will take care of my half when I get home this evening
Yell Practice
Have a Great time Caleb.
wareagle044
post-camp update bump
Yell Practice
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.