Are season ticket holders getting screwed?

6,373 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TAQ
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Due to scheduling conflicts, the May 4 baseball game between the No. 2-ranked Texas A&M Aggies and the Incarnate Word Cardinals has been canceled and will not be rescheduled. Single-game ticket holders will be refunded for their purchase. Season ticket holders can exchange their ticket for a GA ticket to any remaining 2016 season baseball home game based on availability.
Why do I want a GA ticket for a game I already have a reserved seat?
Yell Practice
Hmm --- ?
histag10
AG
You paid below market value for your season tickets. You are not getting screwed. They are giving you the opportunity to bring a friend/sell the ticket.
Bullpen Chias
AG
"Screwed"??

Seems like you could apply those to a big weekend series and make money on the deal.
75AG
AG
Ok...that makes sense.

And yeah "screwed" was a little harsh.
Farmer1906
AG
What would be a better solution?
75AG
AG
quote:
What would be a better solution?
Free Double Daves!
The Debt
Oh look the AD just gave em another empty seat
jkag89
This is how they always handled it and yes I was never very happy about it but I realized I received a price break from the face value of the tickets. In the past you were limited to midweek/non-conference games only, so at least you're getting a little better deal then offered in the past. It has been a few seasons since it happened, but when an extra game was added to the home schedule, season ticket holders were not charged for this game.
OnlyForNow
AG
It's pretty chicken-**** to offer them a rather useless GA ticket to a game they have reserved seats for. Bring a friend? Really?

"Ok bob, thanks for riding with us, have fun in the cheap seats. See ya after the game."

What would be really funny is if all reserved season ticket holders requested GA for the same game. Then the ticket is gonna implode.
histag10
AG
They can also sell the ticket.
BQ_90
AG
A good majority wand talking to,the game to begin with, wtf cares, as a season ticket holder I don't
histag10
AG
quote:
A good majority wand talking to,the game to begin with, wtf cares, as a season ticket holder I don't

Hitting the sauce a day early?
75AG
AG
quote:
I'm a former member of the FTAB, but I guess I forgot how to read BQ....
trouble
AG
The hell are you trying to say, friend?
BQ_90
AG
Screw it I'm going with it. I don't have a clue either
75AG
AG
quote:
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I'm looking for a GA ticket. Anyone have an extra?
trouble
AG
quote:

Sometimes all you can do is own it, love.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Technically they don't have to do anything based on the disclaimer on the back of the ticket. They are at least offering up something. If not, I think can handle the $20 loss for the two cancelled games so far this season.
KaneIsAble
AG
If you had them on flash seats they'll (Flash) refund your money in 7-10 days...at least that's what I've been told.
wareagle044
How do you cancel Star Wars Night?!?
The Debt
quote:
How do you cancel Star Wars Night?!?

Set phasers to "fun"
coyote68
quote:
quote:
I'm a former member of the FTAB, but I guess I forgot how to read BQ....
. Hmmm. BQ explains a lot! Just kidding!!!!!
annie88
AG
quote:
You paid below market value for your season tickets.
We did?
histag10
AG
Believe so. If you were to individually buy reserved tickets to every game, I believe you end up paying more than season ticket holders.

Now I'm sure they weren't as cheap as ga tickets, but they were still discounted compared to what they individually sell for.
jkag89
I can not say for certain this season, but in the past the cost of Season Tickets was less than adding up the face value listed on each ticket. In other words, if you bought tickets individually for the exact same seat it would cost more than what you paid for your season tickets.
farmer1
AG
With parking it now cost over 14 dollars a game which is a little over 2 dollars over regular price so we are getting ripped off, if there is a conflict with baseball and softball games you have to eat one of the tickets. they do not care about season ticket holders, when ever they can,they ripped us off.
histag10
AG
Every other person pays $5 for parking each game. GA tickets are, what, $8?

So you pay $1 more for premium parking and reserved seats, and you think you are getting screwed?
ensign_beedrill
AG
quote:
quote:
You paid below market value for your season tickets.
We did?
We did. My ticket in the upper deck was $255. There are 36 home games. That's $7.08 per game. The cheapest face value tickets in my pack are $12. Conference are typically $15. The t.u. game was $25. Now that we have 34 home games, the price per game has risen to $7.5. Still a very good deal... we are certainly not getting "screwed."
FtBendTxAg
AG
I think season ticket holders were screwed when they were forced to pay for incarnate word tix in the first place. Seems like a reward.
farmer1
AG
most of you have not been around A&M baseball like I have for 30 years and we get ripped off everytime they get a chance. They stick you with a seat fee and still take away games and give you a GA seat that you will never use.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
most of you have not been around A&M baseball like I have for 30 years and we get ripped off everytime they get a chance. They stick you with a seat fee and still take away games and give you a GA seat that you will never use.
when your return on Aggie baseball is no longer paying off, drop your tickets. Life will go on if you don't have baseball tickets.
Tex100
AG
the cost for season tickets is still a pretty good deal
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
Are you really this much of a crybaby or you just trolling? It was freaking Incarnate Word during the midweek and you are actually getting something of value in return. The GA ticket is probably worth more than the IW ticket.

I guess we have found out who "that guy" is.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.