New Softball Stadium and T&F Stadium approved

3,455 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BQ_90
RomanAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Honky Tonk Hero
AG
Great news! They look top notch.
dyhardag
AG
Awesome!
ftworthag02
AG
about effin time
Cardiac Saturday
aggie67,74&76
AG
Outstanding news!!!!!!
BrokenLFarms
DannyO
pudge
Awesome news for the Aggies! Your players and fans really deserve this new facility.
greg.w.h
AG
It's worth noting that the total of both is 28.6 million for the softball complex, 39.8 million for the track and field complex, and 10 million funded by the athletic department to relocate some of the intramural facilities. Which is pretty much dead on the 39 million plus 39 million total that was floated earlier.

I'd further note that the two projects are open for donations and that the completion time for the summer of 2017 in the reports is consistent with the athletic seasons for 2018. Wasn't as clear if there was a shift from the plan or if that is something caused by the report out from the various committees.

I look forward to hearing more about each of the separate projects as funds are pledged and ground is broken. This is very exciting for two of our longer term coaches. I'm especially curious how it helps Pat Henry compete for recruits given how much success he has been able to produce so far with multiple outdoor T&F national championships for both the men and the women.

Gig 'em softball and both outdoor T&F teams and hoping we are able to lure some impressive events as time goes by.
BQ_90
AG
Totally agree, the funding source or sources will be interesting. Normally we haven't started a project until 75% of the money was raised or pledged maybe?

The cost makes sense seeing the plans. For softball it also includes indoor practice facility and moving rec fields.
Colt98
AG
We need to put a bid in for the 2018 or 2019 SEC tourney
gigem92
AG
Colt98, if you are talking softball, A&M is already slated to host the 2019 SEC Tournament.

2016 Mississippi State
2017 Tennessee
2018 Missouri
2019 Texas A&M
BrokenLFarms
S
I was told that Missouri is hosting it next year (2017) in their new stadium.
ftworthag02
AG
missouri softball stadium $16mil, capacity 1700, one article made it sound like the indoor hitting facility is not currently part of this phase.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article25530319.html
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Totally agree, the funding source or sources will be interesting. Normally we haven't started a project until 75% of the money was raised or pledged maybe?

The cost makes sense seeing the plans. For softball it also includes indoor practice facility and moving rec fields.
The rumor floating around the softball program is that they've secured a donor for naming rights so I'd imagine they're well on their way to reaching whatever goal they have.
Z
AG
Only seating 3,000 at the track stadium is a poor choice.......
Yell Practice
So 68.4 Million Total.
BQ_90
diamond4
We had three proposals on the new Softball complex. A "bar bones" one to a top of the order one. What did we end up getting?
ftworthag02
AG
Arkansas 7,000 capacity
Lsu 5,700 capacity
Oregon 10,000
McCoveysCove
think small as in, build it and they wont come
ccf57arl
What is the seating capacity? Too, how many people can be seated in the LF & RF berms?
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
What is the seating capacity? Too, how many people can be seated in the LF & RF berms?
Why would you put "too" at the beginning of a sentence like that?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
We had three proposals on the new Softball complex. A "bar bones" one to a top of the order one. What did we end up getting?
This is a top of the order stadium in all but capacity. I'm hoping they build this in a way that allows for possible expansion down the line.
Yell Practice
It looks like the T&F Stadium could be expanded easily.
Capt. America
Cyp011
AG
$28MM for softball is just crazy
ccf57arl
Ticky Tackey SchizoAg, you didn't answer my question. I didn't major in English at TAMU. Leave your ego at the door!!!
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
Ticky Tackey SchizoAg, you didn't answer my question. I didn't major in English at TAMU. Leave your ego at the door!!!
Neither did I, which is why I tend to prefer saying things the natural way. Why would you choose such an unnatural way to phrase it? Is your native language something other than English? Just curious.

Edit: To answer your questions, the capacity is 2000, and there are no berms.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
$28MM for softball is just crazy

Not really. New construction plus tear down
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.