Incarnate Word Game Cancelled

5,357 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CapCityAg89
tfishtex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw it was cancelled on the 12thman website schedule.
Anyone know why?
Losing that game means we only have current top 100 RPI teams left to play but it also mean two Tuesday's with no games.
AggieEE2002
AG
The ICW game was on a Wednesday and the Vandy series starts on Thursday. Probably not the end of the world that we won't have to play 4 games in 4 days.
AG
This is a good thing, for SOS and because of the vandy series immediately following.
jkag89
Wonder if the Wednesday scheduling of the game was decided upon before the SEC TV schedule was set. Maybe the Aggies don''t want to (won''t) play the game on Wednesday with a key series against Vandy starting Thursday. It doesn't appear that IW has a Tuesday game but this does not preclude another reason why the game was originally set on Wednesday.
TempleAg97
AG
If true, this is a VERY good thing. The Ags could win this game 20-0 and drop several critical spots in RPI. A loss would be devastating. Good riddance to that game.
Kate Beckett
AG
I was looking forward to Star Wars night.

Oh well next Thursday is GoT night so
histag10
AG
They have themes at the games now?
jason_cook
S
It's true
trouble
AG
At least we won't have to listen to will mispronounce incarnate all night long
Kate Beckett
AG
Is it that bad? I'm usually at the games so I don't have to listen to him.
trouble
AG
It's awful
Tanya 93
quote:
I was looking forward to Star Wars night.

Oh well next Thursday is GoT night so
I approve of Star Wars nights!

Tanya 93
quote:
He is terrible.
histag10
AG
Okay, I guess people can get into that. Me, personally, would feel like I'm high school homecoming week (I never liked themed days/events, always thought the event was theme enough)
Tanya 93
quote:
Okay, I guess people can get into that. Me, personally, would feel like I'm high school homecoming week (I never liked themed days/events, always thought the event was theme enough)
I admit, the Star Wars nights we have been to at Busch are really fun.
I think it would probably be even more fun at Olsen if the students on the second deck get involved.

Agsncws
AG
Interesting. 12 more SEC games left and only 1 more mid-week game. Should help cut down on the tired arms at the end of the season and provide a little more rest for Barish and others who may need it.
histag10
AG
Might even give us a fresher Bullpen for the weekends, and a few more options.
Farmer1906
AG
This is good news.
rossuvet12
annie88
AG
quote:
How does he mispronounce it?

In car NATE (verb) vs. In car NIT (adjective)?
trouble
AG
Yes, he uses it as a verb
spanky
AG
He uses it as an exclamation
Yell Practice
COLLEGE STATION, Texas Due to scheduling conflicts, the May 4 baseball game between the No. 2-ranked Texas A&M Aggies and Incarnate Word Cardinals has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
Jethro95
AG
Star Wars Yell Practice last year was pretty awesome.
Aggiewife64
So we get credited back our money for the tickets?
Bondag
AG
quote:
They have themes at the games now?
May the 4th be with you. Get it.
jkag89
quote:
So we get credited back our money for the tickets?
Single-game ticket holders will be refunded for their purchase. For information contact the 12th Man Foundation Ticket Office at 1 (888) 99-AGGIE [992-4443] or (979) 845-2311. (LINK)

In the past Season Ticket holders were not refunded for cancelled games since the cost of Season Tickets are less then purchasing all the games at face value. They would often make up for cancelled games by offering an additional free GA ticket for any remaining midweek game. Season Ticket holders were also not charged for games added to the home schedule.
W
AG
so the Ags will end up playing a 54-game regular season schedule.

good news for Barash. It would be nice if Bedford were ready to start an SEC game, but at this point there is still too much at stake. (e.g. conference or division title)

interesting with only 1 midweek game left...some pitchers' seasons are just about over. We won't see them on the mound again...unless the Ags get stretched in the regional or get blown out in a league game
Luke The Drifter
AG
So the athletic department folks at A&M and UIW are just now picking up on a scheduling quirk that the rest of us picked up on months ago? I'm certainly ok with the game getting canned, but why not announce it back in February instead of 7 days in advance?

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
This is really upsetting because I was looking forward to Star Wars night... Now I guess I have no excuse to not study for my final the next day...

Anyways, good for the Ags to be well rested for Vandy
mgreen
I have been around a while and do not ever recall a game being cancelled for scheduling issues. It has been on the books for a year - what is the issue? Did someone forget to write it down?

Is it possible that they looked at the weather forecast for Arkansas and are concerned they may not be able to get in three games and are blocking Wednesday as a possible make up day? This would be odd since the series is scheduled for Arkansas but possible I guess. I am baffled what other reason there is.
EMY92
AG
If one of the Arkie games is lost due to rain over the weekend, it won't be made up. There is a cutoff time Sunday afternoon, after that time is reached, the inning being played may be finished and nothing else started.
CapCityAg89
AG
With the rotation questions for this weekend, I'm really glad this game got canceled.

BUT

DAMN it's a long wait to a Thursday start without mid-week baseball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.