SEC Midweek Games (4/26 - 4/27)

4,450 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jkag89
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?

All Times Central - The Poll used is D1Baseball.com
SEC Standings

Tuesday April 26th
Final: Austin Peay 5 - #8 Vandy 8 Box Score
Final: Dayton 3 - Kentucky 5 Box Score (8 innings - lightning)
Final: Eastern Kentucky 3 - Tennessee 4 Box Score
Final: #23 Okie State 6 - Arkansas 7 Box Score
Final: Bama 2 - Samford 3 Box Score
Final: Georgia Tech 5 - Georgia 13 Box Score
Final: #11 LSU 1 - #22 Tulane 4 Box Score
Final: Missouri St. 9 - Mizzou 17 Box Score
Final: #13 Ole Miss 0 - #4 Mississippi St. 2 * Box Score (Trustmark Park - Pearl, MS)
Final: South Alabama 8 - Auburn 5 Box Score
Final: Texas-Arlington 3 - #2 Fightin' Texas Aggies 7 Box Score

Wednesday April 27th
Final: Alabama St. 3 -Tennessee 0 Box Score
Final: Miami(OH) 1 - Kentucky 11 (8 innings) Box Score

No scheduled game(s): #1 Florida, #7 South Carolina

*Non-conference game

Other Regional Games
Tuesday April 26th

Final: Texas St. 2 - t.u. 6 Box Score
Final: #12 TCU 2 - Dallas Baptist 0 Box Score (7 innings, lightning)
6:30 PM Incarnate Word at Baylor (Ppd to 4/27, threat of inclement weather)
Final: Sam Houston St. 3 - Cougar High 4 Box Score
6:30 PM #14 tech at Abilene Christian (Ppd to 5/10, rescheduled to accommodate both teams)

Wednesday April 27th
Final: Incarnate Word 7 - Baylor 8 Box Score
Final: Abilene Christian 4 - #14 tech 5 Box Score (Security Bank Ballpark - Midland, TX)
6:30 PM Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at Cougar High (Cancelled, threat of inclement weather)
EKG1996
AG
Hogs lead Ok State 6-5 Bottom 8
CapCityAg89
AG
LSU down 1-4 bottom 8th at Tulane.
The Debt
quote:
Doesnt help us.
EKG1996
AG
Arkansas wins 7-6
CypressAg09
AG
quote:
Arkansas wins 7-6
Why is this a good thing?
Texam90
AG
quote:
quote:
Arkansas wins 7-6

RPI and general big 12 suckage?
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
quote:
Arkansas wins 7-6
Because it's arguably the worst SEC team, and they beat a ranked bdf team.
CypressAg09
AG
Yea a team that we play this weekend and has become hot lately. I'd rather them lose a heartbreaker before they play us. It's not like okie lite is any danger of stealing our host spot.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
Arkansas wins 7-6
You always want your direct opponents to win. It makes your wins against them more impressive and your losses against them less damaging.
The Debt
I doubt arkansas would get deflated from playing a ranked team to a close draw on their 4th pitcher.

One could argue this win inflates them, thinking they can compete with anyone. "world beaters" about to get a dose of reality.
CypressAg09
AG
quote:
I doubt arkansas would get deflated from playing a ranked team to a close draw on their 4th pitcher.

One could argue this win inflates them, thinking they can compete with anyone. "world beaters" about to get a dose of reality.
You're probably right. I can't stand any of the Texas teams in the big 12 and I want them to lose every game in every sport they play. But when it comes to Oklahoma state, I'm pretty indifferent. Having interacted with Arkansas fans over the past few year at Jerry world and what not, I don't have a lot of love that school. O well, as long as we take care of business this weekend I'll be happy.
The Debt
quote:
I can't stand any of the Texas teams in the big 12
TTU thumbed tu in the eye over the TTU/tu game going on the LHN. Tech publicly stated they rather cancel the game than have it on that station.
mdanyc03
AG
quote:
Yea a team that we play this weekend and has become hot lately. I'd rather them lose a heartbreaker before they play us. It's not like okie lite is any danger of stealing our host spot.

You don't really think a baseball team would be so heartbroken from a Tuesday night game that it would impact their play on Friday, right?
CypressAg09
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't really think a baseball team would be so heartbroken from a Tuesday night game that it would impact their play on Friday, right?
Probably not, just trying to justify my desire for Arkansas to lose at all things haha.
mdanyc03
AG
Haha. No justification required
Sean98
AG
quote:
quote:
Doesnt help us.

Not a terrible loss. Ranked team, on the road.

UGa with another nice win. Crushing GaTech again.
LSU Baseball Fan

Ugh. So frustrating. Three losses to in-state schools this year, and twice to the damn Greenies. Not acceptable. We are LSU.

This is why we won't host, regardless of what we do on the weekend. It seems to be our mission to help all the other LA teams qualify for the postseason.

I feel bad for whoever draws Tulane in their regional, they have incredible pitching depth for a mid-major team. Our bullpen sucks by comparison, which is funny, since we probably didn't offer most of their guys. It's nice to finally have 3 good weekend starters for once, but our pitching staff has really let us down after that. It's even worse than last year's, despite returning most of the key guys. We've really been burned in our pitching recruitment the past few years. A lot of the best recruits signed pro deals or inexplicably enrolled in school only to drop out and go JUCO. Most of the pitchers we have brought to campus haven't been good enough. It's hard recruiting for college baseball, since most of the best recruits will always be tempted to go pro, and many will. Have enough of those, and your recruiting class is shattered.
The Debt
Im just sick of having to come out of our own regional's losers bracket.
LSU Baseball Fan

I hear ya, brother.
Starting in the winner's bracket , then choking by losing twice to a team you already beat is even more maddening. Still can't believe we blew that Houston game. Should have made Omaha that year.
jkag89
Monday Top 25
#17 East Carolina 1 - #6 North Carolina St. 6
High Point 0- #15 Coastal Carolina 4

Tuesday Top 25
#18 Louisiana-Lafayette 2 - #25 Southern Miss 7
#19 Minnesota 4 - North Dakota St. 7
#20 Cal-Santa Barbara 4 - St. Mary's 3
#21 Virginia 8 - Old Dominion 4
#24 Arizona 8 - Arizona St. 0
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
quote:
Arkansas wins 7-6

Seriously? You have to ask that?

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Rocco S
quote:
at Baylor (Ppd to 4/27, threat of inclement weather)

Look at Baylor being all proactive against a threat.
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
quote:

I see what you did there...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:

Hahaha great stuff
jkag89
Wednesday Top25
Florida International 0 - #9 Louisville 7
#10 Oregon St. 6 - Oregon 7
Louisiana Tech 6 - #18 Louisiana-Lafayette 3
Wicked Good Ag
quote:

I hear ya, brother.
Starting in the winner's bracket , then choking by losing twice to a team you already beat is even more maddening. Still can't believe we blew those LSU games. Should have made Omaha that year.

I think I remember saying this in 1989
gougler08
AG
quote:

Ugh. So frustrating. Three losses to in-state schools this year, and twice to the damn Greenies. Not acceptable. We are LSU.

This is why we won't host, regardless of what we do on the weekend. It seems to be our mission to help all the other LA teams qualify for the postseason.

I feel bad for whoever draws Tulane in their regional, they have incredible pitching depth for a mid-major team. Our bullpen sucks by comparison, which is funny, since we probably didn't offer most of their guys. It's nice to finally have 3 good weekend starters for once, but our pitching staff has really let us down after that. It's even worse than last year's, despite returning most of the key guys. We've really been burned in our pitching recruitment the past few years. A lot of the best recruits signed pro deals or inexplicably enrolled in school only to drop out and go JUCO. Most of the pitchers we have brought to campus haven't been good enough. It's hard recruiting for college baseball, since most of the best recruits will always be tempted to go pro, and many will. Have enough of those, and your recruiting class is shattered.
What has struck me the most with LSU midweek games is the offense not being there. It seems multiple times they have scored 0-1 runs on a Tuesday game
ABATTBQ87
AG

quote:
[url=http://www.texassports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=9330&path=baseball][/url]teasips are heating up; they've won 8 of their last 12 and have won series against Kansas, Kansas State and TT.

Austin media is ramping up the baseball hype
The Debt
Omaha-bound Texas State Bobcats[/AAS]
Agsncws
AG
quote:

quote:
[url=http://www.texassports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=9330&path=baseball][/url]teasips are heating up; they've won 8 of their last 12 and have won series against Kansas, Kansas State and TT.

Austin media is ramping up the baseball hype
I support this narrative. Keep Augie.
jkag89
Being three games back of tech with three series left to play makes it unlikely, but I'm hoping the horns somehow can find a way to win at least a share of the regular season B12 title. If this were to happen, I'd find it quite humorous that the BDF champ/co-champ would likely need to win their tournament to still make NCAAs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.