Road trip opportunity

3,501 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rae13
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, I understand that it's hard for folks to make SEC road trips--jobs interfering and the like. But, in two weeks, we are going to play a series (in Fayetteville) that is within reasonable driving distance. It's a nice ball park, and with the way the Hogs have cratered, fans are selling tickets dirt cheap on Stub Hub (most of which can be delivered electronically). Can't make it Friday? OK, the game on Saturday is at 6:05 followed by a 1:00 p.m. start on Sunday. If you live in DFW, that's easy. It's even doable if you live in Houston (good roads, and you can breeze through Dallas at a time when the freeways will be empty). It would sure be fun to see an Aggie invasion when we go up there in a couple of weeks.
dermdoc
AG
I approve of this message
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Yell Practice
The Collective
AG
quote:
you can breeze through Dallas at a time when the freeways will be empty

What is this?
twk
AG
If you decide to go, buy your tickets down the Right Field line (first base side)--the A&M team comps will be down in that corner.
trouble
AG
Are their baseball fans better than their football fans?

I didn't enjoy my last trip to Fayettenam.
Yell Practice
"Are their baseball fans better than their football fans?"

Probably Not
Wicked Good Ag
The facility is top notch and even though they don't have a solid team like in years past that area of Arkansas is very nice. Quaint is the word used by many. Work related stuff doesn't allow me to go but I would love to go back to that area for some good baseball in two years. Fayetteville has a lot of similarities as College Station but a more beautiful area and probably not near as friendly.

twk
AG
quote:
Are their baseball fans better than their football fans?

I didn't enjoy my last trip to Fayettenam.
I had no problems last time. They probably aren't as friendly as some other fan bases, but I'd say the redneck level for baseball is a mere fraction of what you see for football. They have more corporate suites than any other college baseball facility, probably by a factor of 2. As long as you aren't sitting out in the outfield berm (I think they call it the Hog Pen), you should be fine. If you take my advice, you might be near other Aggies.
serbtex
I may not be an Aggie by school, but was born in Bryan to great Aggie parents and continue to follow and love the university and people as my brother is currently attending and my sister attended for a time. I was the black sheep of the family and I made the decision to attend a private university in Arkansas and had to endure the horrible calling of the hogs at everything (I am pretty sure they even called the hogs at my church one weekend). I have had the opportunity to watch them lose against us in football year in and year out as of late and have many great friends who are still attending school in Arkansas.

I know that their fan-base will be fierce, but it is time Fayetteville gets lit up with bubbles! I will be attending with fraternity brothers from college and driving up from East Texas. Anyone who wants to share a Shiner before or after games let me know!

BTHOlittlepiggies!
gougler08
AG
****son St was a lot of fun when we went up there for the football game
dermdoc
AG
What twk said. The Ags will be sitting in the last section down the rf line. Usually near the top of the single deck. More fun with more people!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I don't know if I can convince Mr to travel with a baby but I'll try.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Please don't encourage me.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Also, where do you see a 6:05 start on Saturday? Schedule at 12thMan.com says 2pm.
ccard257
AG
We went a couple years back, sat with the hog fans and had a great time. Can't go this year but next time I do I'll likely sit in the outfield grass next time I do.
twk
AG
quote:
Also, where do you see a 6:05 start on Saturday? Schedule at 12thMan.com says 2pm.
My ticket says 6:05. Guess they must have changed it for TV.
BTKAG97
AG
quote:
quote:
you can breeze through Dallas at a time when the freeways will be empty
What is this?
No kidding. When is there ever a time when Dallas freeways are empty?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Dallas freeways are wide open compared to Houston
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
Dallas freeways are wide open compared to Houston

Oohh! Traffic smack!
twk
AG
OK, who's up for some baseball in the Ozarks?
rae13
AG
I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday for sure. I may also be there for Friday.
trouble
AG
Not us. Just not doable with a 7 week old.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Are we talking Section's 98, 99 & 100 area? I'm getting ready to purchase
twk
AG
I think the player comps were in 99 last time. That's the general area.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
thanks., will be there Friday and Saturday (whatever time the game starts 2 or 6.)
Texas300Mag
AG
I'll also be there Fri and Sat. All 5 of us though my middle daughter is confused since she was born there and likes piggy?????

See y'all @ Foghorns. Spicy Peanut butter wings... Mmmmmmmmmm
Bernie13
quote:
OK, who's up for some baseball in the Ozarks?
I'll be there. Ozarks is home for me.
dermdoc
AG
Oh ****, who let the hogs out?
jjdad1111
Never been to a better college baseball facility.
twk
AG
quote:
Oh ****, who let the hogs out?
See, that's what I was talking about.
dermdoc
AG
Disagree,
Bernie13
Ozark Aggie, dammit!!!
twk
AG
We need Air Force Ag to chime in, but, looking at the weather forecast, Friday is questionable--there will be rain, it's just a matter of timing. However, rain chances diminish greatly after noon on Saturday, so even if we get delayed on Friday, I think the most likely result is a day/night doubleheader on Saturday, which would probably mean that, as far as tickets are concerned, game 2 would be played as scheduled at 2, then game 1 would be played that evening--at least that's my guess if it's a complete rainout--if Friday's game gets underway but gets delayed, then it would be resumed in progress on Saturday.

At any rate, I think the odds of one of those 7 inning doubleheaders on Sunday look pretty low.
dermdoc
AG
We got moonshine and Sinatra and are walking distance to pigpark. We got this.

BTHO the pigs!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.