Predict Eric Sorenson's Ranking + Review

18,031 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sean98
AB2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll go first...

TEXAS A&M - Ranked 12th, up from 16th. Trending Up.

Aggie fans are drooling all over themselves after sweeping Mississippi State in Starkville, but they should slow their roll a bit. State hasn't proven to be a good team yet, and the reality is that their win over Florida was more of a fluke + Florida being due a loss at home than anything else. A&M still has to play the real teams in the SEC, including a scorching hot Alabama team that has clawed their way onto the bubble. A&M's win over LSU looks worse each weekend as the Tigers prove they just had a bad weekend in CS. If you're buying on A&M - be cautious. This is the same program that lost to SFA on a mid-week many years ago and also was in the stands when Texas Southern beat Rice in 2004, more proof that heartbreak just follows the Aggies.

Team to watch - Texas, after the strong home series win against Kansas.
AggieBand2004
AG
He'll probably just copy and paste this
W
AG
what's fun...so far in the weekly D1 baseball series predictions...

Sorenson picked Pepperdine to beat the Ags -- wrong

...picked Fresno to beat the Ags -- wrong

...picked State to beat the Ags -- wrong
BQ_90
AG
No doubt
AB2
AG
Sorenson predicted himself to be a good journalist too...another swing and miss.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
what's fun...so far in the weekly D1 baseball series predictions...

Sorenson picked Pepperdine to beat the Ags -- wrong

...picked Fresno to beat the Ags -- wrong

...picked State to beat the Ags -- wrong

At least he's consistent.
Sean98
AG
Bravo sir.
Ginsang
AG
Melton ate a Sorenson Sandwich today after that slide into third!
Serious Lee
he calls himself "stitch head". those of you who have seen him knows what he really resembles.
Ft Worth Ag
AG
quote:
Team to watch - Texas, after the strong home series win against Kansas.
RPI #121 Texas @ Austin (16-20) is a team to watch after taking two-of-three games against RPI #179 Kansas (14-20)?
AgEng06
AG
I think you missed something in the OP.
Kool
AG
Hysterical! No problems, as long as we occupy space within his head and on his keyboard come CWS time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spanky
AG
Outstanding...my guess is he won't release rankings this week. He did that a few times last year after good weekends for us.
spanky
AG
Well, it's been over a week, and no updated power rankings this week...shocker
PJYoung
AG
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/sorenson-ouch-list-april-17th/

quote:
The Ouch List

Miss St Baseball Logo Mississippi State
What Happened: Lost all three games at home to Texas A&M
Why It Hurt: Because this is no way to treat 33,896 of your closest friends.

As impressed as I was with MSU's bullpen last weekend in the series win at Florida, this time they just simply crapped the rug. To wit, A&M scored 30 runs in the three games in Starkville, 15 of which were scored in the eighth and ninth innings. The Aggies ended up badgering the Bulldog pitching mercilessly, gaining 47 hits and batting .398 on the weekend. Bulldog coach John Cohen said the Aggie offense was the best his team faced this season. The fans there for Super Bulldog Weekend can attest.

Aggieangler93
spanky
AG
We made his top 10 at #9:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/15385568/the-southeast-ruling-top-10-power-rankings
Sean98
AG
Louisville loses 2 of 3 to bottom feeder Boston College and stays at #3. Miami loses 2 of 3 to Virginia and they fall to 5...? Vandy is 8-6 in their last 14 and lose 2 of 3 to Tennessee and stays at #5.

Sigh... this guy is truly as stupid as his profile pic looks.

I can only assume he's the stand in for these photos.

Kool
AG
A quality home series loss for tceh to on-the-upswing powerhouse sip must be why the pizza delivery folks in Lubbock didn't move down. Got it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
themissinglink
AG
Oregon state (RPI #48) has lost series to RPI #40 CAL (swept) and #188 Washington state... And he has them ranked 7? We got swept at #1 Florida for our only series loss, and he has us at #9.

A suggestion for future posts from this clown... Can we have someone post his top 10 (just names) and write-up on the Aggies? I realize we can't post full articles, but I hate giving this guy clicks.
ProphAC
AG
quote:
Oregon state (RPI #48) has lost series to RPI #40 CAL (swept) and #188 Washington state... And he has them ranked 7? We got swept at #1 Florida for our only series loss, and he has us at #9.

A suggestion for future posts from this clown... Can we have someone post his top 10 (just names) and write-up on the Aggies? I realize we can't post full articles, but I hate giving this guy clicks.
I second this!
W
AG
is this guy mentally handicapped?

it's not just the Ags' ranking this is way off, but Vandy at #5 and FSU at #2?

nothing makes sense in that "power poll"
Corporal Punishment
AG
ttt

This thread needs updating.
Corporal Punishment
AG
oh...and he really wrote this:

quote:
With the gluttony of the SEC and ACC at the top of the RPI it could mean that the Horned Frogs and Red Raiders could very well be playing for one home Regional between the two. I mean, would the Big 12 actually get two home Regionals? And if so, going even further, would the Big 12 actually get two National Seeds? In either case, ff they get only one, the winner of this series could get the top drop on the upper hand. You know the RPI isn't accurate, but the Frogs are down at No. 23 in the RPI and Tech is No. 13. However, let's hope the NCAA selection committee is smart enough to realize the Big 12 deserves two.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
oh...and he really wrote this:

quote:
With the gluttony of the SEC and ACC at the top of the RPI it could mean that the Horned Frogs and Red Raiders could very well be playing for one home Regional between the two. I mean, would the Big 12 actually get two home Regionals? And if so, going even further, would the Big 12 actually get two National Seeds? In either case, ff they get only one, the winner of this series could get the top drop on the upper hand. You know the RPI isn't accurate, but the Frogs are down at No. 23 in the RPI and Tech is No. 13. However, let's hope the NCAA selection committee is smart enough to realize the Big 12 deserves two.

Deserves two based on what? Here's their standings and RPI:

13 Texas Tceh
22 Ok State
23 TCU
124 tu
115 West Virginia
122 OU
193 KU
130 K State
128 Baylor

What in any of that warrants two regionals, never mind two national seeds? It's a bad baseball conference and regional play will bear that out.
Mr.Ackar07
He also wrote:

quote:
Texas

What Happened: Swept at home by Oklahoma State
Why It Hurts: We thought UT had turned the corner.

Coming off an impressive weekend win at Texas Tech last week, the Longhorns had crept into the top four of the Big 12 standings, and also won six of their previous seven games entering the weekend vs. the Pokes. But the old ways had returned and the Burnt Orange is back on the Ouch List for the first time since early March. The Longhorns hit just .209 against the Cowboys and never had a lead the entire weekend.

Top 4 in the Big XII is an impressive feat.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
They may do 'OK' in the regionals because only the top 3 will get bids and will probably get favorable seedings.

But I don't see any of them getting out of a Super if they make it that far.
LOYAL AG
AG
I don't even think they'll do "OK". TCU, Tceh and OSU combined have 17 (SEVENTEEN) losses to teams outside of the RPI top 100. The top 11 (ELEVEN) in the SEC have 18 losses and a tie to the 100+. I think Tceh gets a National Seed but primarily because there's a dearth of quality teams not in the SEC and ACC this year and SOMEBODY has to get them. But I seriously doubt Tceh makes it to Omaha. I think they are paired with someone from the "just missed a national seed" in the ACC and the ACC team wins the series. Tceh in a Super Regional against one of NCSU, Miami or FSU. I know they split a mid-week series against FSU in March but that was a long time ago.
dcaggie04
AG
UC Santa Barbara probably has an edge on Tech for a national seed.
Wabs
AG
Tards remaining schedule is almost as daunting as A&M's...

3 @Kansas (RPI 193)
1 @Abilene Christian (RPI 220)
1 @Oral Roberts (RPI 72)
3 Home - West Virginia (RPI 116)

And then they have to get through the gauntlet that is the BDF tournament.

Maybe they should have scheduled more than just one game with Oral Roberts.

Texam90
AG
quote:
Tards remaining schedule is almost as daunting at A&M's...

3 @Kansas (RPI 193)
1 @Abilene Christian (RPI 220)
1 @Oral Roberts (RPI 72)
3 Home - West Virginia (RPI 116)

And then they have to get through the gauntlet that is the BDF tournament.

Maybe they should have scheduled more than just one game with Oral Roberts.

But look at the road games.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:

I think they both get one. You have to get close to RPI 20 before you clear the ACC/SEC problem then you have teams that are in the same geographic region which doesn't help much. There's just nobody else to give one too without getting way outside of their historical box.
LSU Baseball Fan

Sorenson not having A&M in the Top 5 at this point is just ridiculous. Not the SEC's fault that 4 of the 5 best teams in the country are SEC teams right now. The rest of the nation needs to step their game up. The Big 12 getting a national seed would be a travesty. There are at least 8 SEC and ACC teams more deserving of a national seed than any Big 12 team.

I wouldn't complain about him dropping us from the Top 25. We deserve it. 4 series losses to SEC West teams is unacceptable. Especially to the Mississippi teams we've dominated for the past decade. At best, we'll squeak through a regional as a 2-seed. Omaha definitely won't happen.
Sean98
AG
quote:
quote:

I think they both get one. You have to get close to RPI 20 before you clear the ACC/SEC problem then you have teams that are in the same geographic region which doesn't help much. There's just nobody else to give one too without getting way outside of their historical box.
Agreed. They both get one. They don't both deserve one, but they get it.
mdanyc03
AG
What the heck does it mean that the rpi isn't "accurate"? Does that mean it isn't the best predictor of postseason success? Or isn't the best measure of a team's performance to date? We could debate those things. But to say that rpi isn't "accurate" is just stupid. It is a simple formula that is 100 pct accurate in measuring what it purports to measure.

The relevance or application of that measurement is a reasonable subject for debate but not the accuracy.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.