HOW TO - watching Aggie Baseball on your TV

140,055 Views | 244 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
ArcheryAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
greg.w.h
AG
Red Ag 98 offers the following process when the ESPN app won't authenticate or wont play video:

"My first advice -- can you use the app from your provider? If the games are on the standard ESPN/2/U/News channels I always use the YTTV app rather than ESPN to avoid this issue. Didn't work so well in Regionals with heavy use of ESPN3/ESPN+ but all CWS games are on the big channels...

Secondly, not sure what actually did the trick but this is what I did that seems to be working (iPhone and iPad):
- sign out of ESPN login in the ESPN app
- sign out of TV provider in ESPN app
- remove TV provider in iOS settings
- delete ESPN app
- reboot device
- re-install ESPN app
- search for the game you want to watch in ESPN app and click on it
- sign in with TV provider credentials when prompted
- after this is working you can sign back into to ESPN app with ESPN credentials if you want to"

I'll add that for me it usually is a failure by the TV Provider to authenticate credentials they gave you and hand off the correct licensing to ESPN. Spectrum and Spectrum Communities in apartment complexes are especially bad.

CapCity89 adds this helpful tip if a VPN connection is established by your company to protect their communication:

"It sounds like this was fixed but I had a problem with my work VPN. It auto enabled and the videos wouldn't run though that connection. Disable the vpn and they ran. Just another possibility of someone is having issues."

greg.w.h
AG
Leading into football season, I'm up to do research if anyone is experiencing issues. Just let me know!!!
WallyWonka
AG

I use ROKU (one time purchase of around $20 and get some free TV channels--you have to register for all the ESPN apps/channels but they're free) and YouTubeTV for $69 per month. If it's not on the YouTubeTV ESPN channels, then go to the ESPN app within ROKU and you have it there.

greg.w.h
AG
Trouble wants EVERYONE to remember: test sign in at least an hour before first pitch on SECN+ games on the ESPN app. You might need to logout out and back in or even remove the app and redownload since that will reset the apps cache on mobile, set top, or stick. May need to reset cache on web browser.
Aggie19Eighty
AG
I'm attempting to connect my iPhone 13 to my Samsung TV using a (1) Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and a High Speed HDMI Cable to watch Aggie Baseball on the SECN+ App. I am able to view the live stream on the iPhone screen, however when I connect the phone to the TV with the adapter and HDMI cable, I get this message:

UNABLE TO PLAY VIDEO
Video playback couldn't be completed because of screen sharing or recording.

What can I do to work around this problem.

Thank you to the experts on this board.
Sea Pony 07
AG
When you connect, are you able to mirror your phone if you are not in the espn app?

Is your Samsung a smart TV?

Have you tried hard restarting the phone and ios your is up to date?

Did you turn off air play?

Have you considered a firestick, roku, or a galaxy phone instead?

Is there a setting on the iPhone to enable screen mirroring? On my galaxy I have to manually turn on Samsung smart share in order to mirror to the firestick or roku.

greg.w.h
AG
This might have helpful hints if you want to stick with your current configuration:

https://www.technewstoday.com/lightning-digital-av-adapter-not-working/

But generally airplay is more reliable because it doesn't deal with hdcp issues…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection
greg.w.h
AG
For those of you on a Hulu/Disney bundle: we were recently forced to consolidate all authentication to a Hulu account login included by for Disney+ and ESPN+. I knew this was coming but it occurred when we moved and we had that AND a location lockout to deal with at the same time.
atmpalliard
AG
I was trying to watch the a&m basketball game this evening and I went ahead and bought the sling TV orange subscription for 40 and then the $10 ESPN subscription and I can't find the Aggie game anywhere. Not on my phone, or on our Roku app. Any ideas?
Sea Pony 07
AG
Install the espn app on your roku, log in to the espn app using your sling account and then you should be able to find the game in the espn app.
gambochaman
AG
Any tips for finding the games? When they are secn+ i cant seem to find them on the espn app
trouble
AG
You can either search or go to the baseball section and scroll through
Agdad081216
On ESPN app I go to the top selections ESPN+. Scroll down to baseball. Scroll across to Aggie baseball and select. Sometimes if I cannot find it there. I scroll down to NCAA button select. Scroll across to Aggie Baseball.

On my TV if I get there before game starts I have to back up a couple of steps. I have clicked on your event has not yet started a missed part of first inning.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
greg.w.h
AG
The ESPN app usually will cough it up from selecting baseball and looking through current or upcoming games. Unluckily since you can't select baseball or softball teams as favorites, they don't pull up your favorite school in those sports, either. Feels bad…
OldArmyAggie94
Sean98
AG
Soooo.... maybe it's just too early in the week, but I haven't' seen anything about ESPN bases loaded yet this year? Is that still a thing?

Last year it made for the best 3 days of TV watching for the year.

I need to start early this year figuring out how it's going to work for me since I've completely shut off my TV service. Not sure if I can buy Bases Loaded a la carte.
greg.w.h
AG
Apparently not:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_Goal_Line_%26_Bases_Loaded
greg.w.h
AG
I'm currently watching Squeeze Play in ESPN+ and it is rotating between sites kind of like golf majors broadcasts do.
greg.w.h
AG
Ghost of Bisbee noted Squeeze Play is also on ESPNU btw.
greg.w.h
AG
greg.w.h said:

Ghost of Bisbee noted Squeeze Play is also on ESPNU btw.
Apparently temporarily…
greg.w.h
AG
Note to ESPN fans: time to check for access from TV and devices. Many of us are seeing more frequent verification / authentication requests. For me, on Spectrum, this usually requires a square QR code to open a browser which then uses already logged in services to authenticate without a username/password check. But…not always. Logging in using credentials on a TV or set top box tends to be more tedious but also works.

Check before the first game and stream an on-demand SECN+ (and ESPN+ if you have that.)

SECN+ requires TV Provider authentication including cable, satellite, or streaming providers that provide an SEC Network license to you.

ESPN+ requires credentials for an account with ESPN+ or the main credentials from a Disney Bundle that includes ESPN+.

Don't get frustrated in the rush in game day to see first pitch!!!

AggieBB
AG
Had to watch on the iPad tonight. AirPlay is garbage. Ordered a chrome cast but this weekend will be the iPad for me.
RED AG 98
AG
AirPlay from what to what? AirPlay from my Apple devices to my AppleTV is fantastic. Roku is very much hit or miss as it's severely underpowered comparatively.
cypress-ag
AG
Getting a we show you are not authorized for this service and telling me to contact optimum to see how to access.
I can watch games happening California and o
Iowa and even Montana but nothing SEC related

Get the same message off my cell phone and I pad
RED AG 98
AG
are you signed into both ESPN+ and your tv provider? If so, log out of ESPN+ and just use your TV provider credentials. ESPN has a hard time sometimes if you have both...
cypress-ag
AG
So, ESPN actually worked through this with me, and it was a fix and change that they put in place. In the past, you put in your internet provided and that allowed me access to the ESPN & ESPN + that was Optimum. They told me to switch it to FUBO and by gosh it worked. Weird thing was it functioned as it always did but blocked me out of all SEC covered teams. Life is good and all is back to normal.
RED AG 98
AG
Glad you were able to get it resolved.

Not familiar with Optimum but quick search shows that it appears to be internet service provider, correct? If that, they sometimes give you access to so of ESPN's streaming services but definitely not all. This is what used to be called ESPN3...

So, the fix ESPN recommended is exactly what several here were saying. You need to sign in with your TV provider credentials in order to see SEC+ content. In your case Fubo is your TV provider.
Aggieangler93
AG
I've always had to sign in with my TV provider to see SEC+ games on the ESPN app. It's worked great for years, for me. I can't believe this thread is 8 years old.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
greg.w.h
AG
OG OP makes a reappearance!!!
TRX
AG
Is the ESPN+ app working for you guys now? It's worked for me for years but not this season so far. I have DIRECTV stream and logged in with those credentials.
FJB
greg.w.h
AG
TRX said:

Is the ESPN+ app working for you guys now? It's worked for me for years but not this season so far. I have DIRECTV stream and logged in with those credentials.
Where do you have an app called "ESPN+" installed? I don't recall seeing an app called that.
TRX
AG
ESPN, my bad. I can get tons of games but not A&M.
FJB
trouble
AG
This weekend's games are only available through FloSports. Not on ESPN/SECN/etc.

Others times, you might need to search because several people have mentioned not seeing them unless they search.
greg.w.h
AG
The school needs to get SECN to always list us in also playing. I say "Texas A and M" to the microphone search in the ESPN app and it usually will bring up the game. Ampersand might work, too…but it's a mouth full.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.