2016 Summer Baseball

24,417 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mdanyc03
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Janca and Metten sign with Wisconsin Woodchucks of the Northwoods League. Summer baseball in the cool.

http://northwoodsleague.com/wisconsin-woodchucks/2016/02/18/woodchucks-add-pair-from-texas-am/
FearNoWeevil
AG
No offense to the Woodchucks, but I hope Janca and Metten aren't able to join them until July...
Foxo
AG
Trey Jimmerson is playing LF for the Acadiana Cane Cutters of the Texas League.
Sean98
AG
quote:
Janca and Metten sign with Wisconsin Woodchucks of the Northwoods League. Summer baseball in the black flies and mosquitos.

FIFY
Foxo
AG
The next trio of Aggie pitchers scheduled to play with Matsu of the Alaska league:
Tyler Ivey ... Stephen Kolek ... Jace Vines
Foxo
AG
Dakota Klein is pitching for Green Bay of the Northwoods League. In his 1st start, he went 4 innings with 2 hits, 1 earned run and 3 walks.
dirkjones
AG
I don't think Vines will make it to Alaska if he is drafted in the next few days.
themissinglink
AG
Coll Stanley, Austin Homan and Kaylor Chafin are on the roster for High Point-Thomasville in the Coastal plains league.
Foxo
AG
Thanks. Coll Stanley has seen action in six of the first seven games. Hitting 0.238
Foxo
AG
Falmouth of the Cape Cod League lists Turner Larkins and Corbin Martin on their roster.
Foxo
AG
Lee May Gonzales is on the Victoria roster of the Texas Collegiate League. He has appeared in one game as the closer .... 3.1 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, 1 earned run, 0 walks, 2k, 2.70 era.
Mr.Ackar07
Looks like there might not be any Team USA Aggies this summer for the first time since 2012.
Foxo
AG
Kilkenny to Madison of Northwoods League.
Foxo
AG
Kilkenny got his 1st start with Madison and got the win ... 5.0 IP 6H 0W, 4K, 0 ER
Foxo
AG
George Janca made his first appearance with Wisconsin Woodchucks. Played short stop and went 0 for 4 with a walk and 3 Ks. Tristan Metten who had also signed with Wisconsin is instead on the roster of Brazos Valley. Metten hasn't played yet.

Trey Jimmerson has played 16 games with the Cane Cutters of the TCL and is leading the TCL in hitting with a 0.375 average.

Lee May Gonzalez, pitching for Victoria of the TCL, has pitched in 3 games, twice as a reliever and once as a starter. .. 11.2 IP, 9H, 0W, 4K, 1ER, 0.77 era, no decisions.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Thanks again this year for keeping us up to date on AGS playing summer ball. Really do appreciate it.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Foxo
AG
I think there must be more Aggies playing summer ball. If anyone knows of more, please post.
Foxo
AG
Gonzalez got his 2nd start and 1st win for Victoria today.

7.0 IP 4H 2W 1R 1ER 8K 0.96 ERA

Metten saw his 1st action for Brazos Valley with a pinch hit single and then took the LF spot.

Janca played at 1B and 3B today for Wisconsin and went 3 for 5.

Kaylor Chafin is pitching for High Point in the Coastal Plains. Two appearances 7.1 innings 5 hits 1 walk 2.45 era 0.167 BA

Basketball and Chain
AG
http://coastalplain.com/statistics/2016/sav.htm

Savannah Bananas of the Coastal Plain League:

Dayne Sommer (8 games, 6 starts) - 4 for 20 (.200), 2 2B, 2 RBI, .304 OBP

Braden Shewmake (signee) (10 games, 9 starts) - 9 for 31 (.290), 1 2B, 7 RBI, 6 R, 6 BB, 1 K, .425 OBP
Foxo
AG
What league is Shewmake with? Most of the summer leagues don't take you unless you've played college ball.
mdanyc03
AG
So somebody tell me more about lee may gonzalez' stuff por favor?

I'd counted him out but he is bringing it this summer.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
What league is Shewmake with? Most of the summer leagues don't take you unless you've played college ball.

From what I can tell, he's a temporary player for Savannah in the CPL
Foxo
AG
quote:
So somebody tell me more about lee may gonzalez' stuff por favor?

I'd counted him out but he is bringing it this summer.
I only know that he was mostly an infielder until his senior year when he was 12-2 with 2.87 era. As a recruit he was listed at both positions and he thought he might challenge for the ss job.

Lee May Gonzalez will don familiar hues the next time he takes the diamond.

The former Calallen baseball standout signed with Texas A&M on Tuesday after one year at Laredo Community College, where Gonzalez batted .326 with seven doubles and 18 RBIs while scoring 21 runs. "It's an unbelievable opportunity," Gonzalez said. "I'm very excited about it. Being from the Corpus Christi area, you know the baseball tradition is really rich down there and I played it my whole life. It feels good to be able to go on to a prestigious university like Texas A&M."

Gonzalez, a 2013 Caller-Times All-South Texas first-team selection as a senior second baseman for the Wildcats, made the move to shortstop in his lone Palominos season.

A&M plans to use Gonzalez as a shortstop and relief pitcher.

themissinglink
AG
Larkins pitched yesterday for Falmouth. 2.0 IP 1 H 1 R 1 ER 2 BB 1 SO. Looking at the play-by-play, it looks like he struggled with control.

Martin has not pitched yet and I have no idea if he made it to the cape.

I'm looking forward to following these 2 this summer. Both have struggled with consistency, but could be huge assets if we want to have a good year next year. Hopefully both can put it all together and be in the weekend rotation.

themissinglink
AG
Coll Stanley's average is up to .286 with an OBP of .400. He's hasn't shown off the power just yet as 10 of his 12 hits have been singles (1 double, 1 triple).

Kaylor Chafin has an okay stat line so far in 2 appearances. 2.45 ERA 7.1 IP 5 H 4 R 2 ER 1 BB 7 SO. Of the 4 runs he's given up, 3 of them were scored with pitcher replacing him on the mound.

http://www.coastalplain.com/statistics/2016/hpt.htm
themissinglink
AG
Dakota Klein is struggling in the Northwest league. 8.37 EAR with 9.2 IP.

http://northwoods.bbstats.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=985267&seasonid=29992

Here is a good article with some background on Klein. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/baseball/2016/05/28/klein-back-mound-bullfrogs/84777156/
Foxo
AG
With Ivey and Vines going pro, Stephen Kolek is the only Ag left on the Matsu team in Alaska. He has had one start 4.0 IP 3H 0R 0ER 0W 3k 0.00ERA.

Mitchell Kilkenny got the start again tonight for Madison . 6.0IP 3H 1R 1ER 1W 1K The game is still in progress but he should get the win.

Janca is back at short for Wisconsin tonight. Hitting 0.391.
aggie0109
AG
Trey Jimmerson is 3 for 4 tonight, hit every ball hard
Foxo
AG
In Alaska yesterday:

The Miners found themselves boosted by four scoreless innings from starting pitcher Stephen Kolek. The freshman right-hander surrendered three hits and struck out three batters in his Alaska Baseball League debut.

"It didn't feel like my best, but it certainly felt really great to get on the mound for the first time in a couple of weeks and face some real batters," Kolek said. "I was really just throwing fastballs for the most part of the game, which usually have a lot of run and sink to them."

Foxo
AG
Nick Choruby is playing for Martinsville in the Coastal Plains League. He is hitting 0.299, second highest on the team.
Foxo
AG
Lead off hitter RF Trey Jimmerson went 3 for 4 and leads the TCL with a 0.413 average.
markk
Kilkenny now 2-0 for Madison. 11.0 IP, 9H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 5K's, 0.818ERA
MMantle
AG
Really good, much appreciate the updates / info.

RR
themissinglink
AG
Corbin Martin saw his first action for Falmouth.

2.0IP 1H 0R 0BB 2SO

http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/team_stats.html?teamid=3435&seasonid=29795&view=pitching
MMantle
AG
Best stat for Corbin, no BB, has MLB stuff.

RR
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.