Only 2 midweek games away from Olsen

1,520 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Farmer1906
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two consecutive Tuesday games in Houston @ Rice and @ UH.

I kind of liked giving our fans in DFW or SA or wherever weekday game to make, but it gives everyone else more chances to see us on SECN.

W
AG
I get the feeling that the Ags are playing a little more (midweek) hardball scheduling-wise since joining the SEC.

the home&homes or 2-for-1s with the likes of TxSt, UTSA, UTA, Sam, etc.., are now 3-for-1s at a minimum.

And that's okay
Farmer1906
AG
We did add tu so Aggies in Austin can watch a mid week next year.

twk
AG
We've got an early season road trip to Malibu, too. We'll have plenty of travel experience when it's all said and done.

To me, the main reason why you occasionally get on a bus and play one of the Southland teams is to stay on good terms with them for future scheduling reasons, such as, in case you have a rainout and need a late makeup.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I'm OK with no mid-week road games...but I also like the idea of a roadie to UTSA, UT-Arlington/TCU or Rice/Houston each year. There's no reason to go to Rice AND Houston in the same season. Hopefully that gets ironed out.

And in years we play in the Astros Classic, there's no reason to go back to Rice and UH later in the year. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try to get into a tourney in Corpus Christi every now and again as well. Always good to give the fan base around the state a chance to see the Ags play.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
mdanyc03
AG
It kills our rpi. We should play a lot more mid week road games. You get twice as much credit for a road win as a home win. Louisville, Illinois, Vandy etc played more road games and that is how we won 46 regular season games in the sec and still didn't have a top 8 rpi.
twk
AG
quote:
It kills our rpi. We should play a lot more mid week road games. You get twice as much credit for a road win as a home win. Louisville, Illinois, Vandy etc played more road games and that is how we won 46 regular season games in the sec and still didn't have a top 8 rpi.
2015 official NCAA selection RPI

Might want to check again. We were 6. TCU was 8. Losing to Arkansas and South Carolina at home is what really hurt.
trouble
AG
I like it because I can watch from my couch. We're not even going to make one game this year. I'm just to uncomfortable to travel.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
2015 official NCAA selection RPI

Might want to check again. We were 6. TCU was 8. Losing to Arkansas and South Carolina at home is what really hurt.

Reading over that link and comparing us to TCU still pisses me off how obviously they screwed that one up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.