Saturday Scrimmage

3,503 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by JeepWaveEarl
law80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know if the scrimmage on Saturday is open to the public? I thought I heard Hop say that it would be but I didn't see anything posted on here.
ProudAg16
AG
Tomorrow and Saturday are open
law80
AG
What time is tomorrow's scrimmage? I know Saturday is at 11:00.
ProudAg16
AG
6pm
Hop
Staff
AG
Practices are usually open to the public.
law80
AG
Headed that way in about an hour. Anyone know if we will have to pay for parking and can we park at Blue Bell?
Kate Beckett
AG
You should be able to park at Olsen free for scrimmages.
law80
AG
$5 due to basketball game.
Kate Beckett
AG
Oh yeah that's right. If no basketball game it is free.
Hop
Staff
AG
Actually, parking at Olsen is never "free". If you don't have a permit and go there to watch a scrimmage, you risk getting a parking ticket.
Baby Billy
AG
Is there a set time they have practice each day? I'm on campus every day and would love to get out there a few times.

Also, when is the next scrimmage?
dirkjones
AG
Next scrimmage is on Tuesday.
law80
AG
Is there scrimmage schedule that can be posted with times for those that want to attend?
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
Next scrimmage is on Tuesday.
Time?
ftworthag02
AG
Can we get some updates from this weekend scrimmage?
dirkjones
AG
I heard Larkins left the game early with a sore arm or back? Not good either way, ags need him healthy this year.
ProudAg16
AG
I only went Friday so here's what I remember (correct me if I messed up something):
Tyler Ivey looked good
Schlottman got hammered
Birk had a whammy
Pennington hit a line drive one hopper off the wall to dead Center

Maroon (starting?) lineup:
Ivey P
Barash C
White 3B
Janca SS
Birk 2B
Melton 1B
Pennington RF?
Banks CF
Moss LF?
Gideon DH

Not positive on who the corner outfielders were.
Ginsang
AG
quote:
I only went Friday so here's what I remember (correct me if I messed up something):
Tyler Ivey looked good
Schlottman got hammered
Birk had a whammy

Ivey P
Barash C
White 3B
Janca SS
Birk 2B
Melton 1B
Pennington RF?
Banks CF
Moss LF?
Gideon DH

You pretty much nailed it, especially concerning Ivey and Schlottman. Ivey basically looked like he was on another level compared to the other pitchers that toed the rubber Friday night. He has a beautiful delivery, good velocity with some fuzz on the fastball, and his curve just looked straight up nasty at times. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.

Pennington's rope to center was feet away from a grand slam... Not that it really matters I guess, but it was a great piece of hitting.

Another new guy, or maybe Pennington a couple innings earlier also had a great at bat. Started off down 0-2, fought back to I think 2-2, and then smoked a 2-2 pitch down the left field line for a double iirc.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
quote:
Tyler Ivey looked good
Schlottman got hammered
Birk had a whammy

Ivey P
Barash C
White 3B
Janca SS
Birk 2B
Melton 1B
Pennington RF?
Banks CF
Moss LF?
Gideon DH

You pretty much nailed it, especially concerning Ivey and Schlottman. Ivey basically looked like he was on another level compared to the other pitchers that toed the rubber Friday night. He has a beautiful delivery, good velocity with some fuzz on the fastball, and his curve just looked straight up nasty at times. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.

Pennington's rope to center was feet away from a grand slam... Not that it really matters I guess, but it was a great piece of hitting.

Another new guy, or maybe Pennington a couple innings earlier also had a great at bat. Started off down 0-2, fought back to I think 2-2, and then smoked a 2-2 pitch down the left field line for a double iirc.
I don't know if we're thinking of the same at bat, but I know JB had a good AB that ended with a double down the left field line. The offense overall looked really solid.
Baby Billy
AG
Scrimmage time today?
Ginsang
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tyler Ivey looked good
Schlottman got hammered
Birk had a whammy

Ivey P
Barash C
White 3B
Janca SS
Birk 2B
Melton 1B
Pennington RF?
Banks CF
Moss LF?
Gideon DH

I don't know if we're thinking of the same at bat, but I know JB had a good AB that ended with a double down the left field line. The offense overall looked really solid.

Yeah, it may very well have been Moss. Offense did look solid! A lot of quality at-bats and well-hit balls. I'm hoping this is the reason some of the pitchers looked to be struggling.

I think we have a really good group of guys this year, cant wait for Hoffstra!
Aggieangler93
AG
Anyone know if there is a scrimmage this Saturday? Me and my son would love to drive over.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Was curious the same thing about this Saturday -- My Cooper Olsen needs to get to the park...

One thing to note is there is a basketball game Sat. at 3pm so expect to pay to park.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.