where did dirks post go?

13,451 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
CampingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Unfortunately, no, I can not provide details. My info is based on what I was told by someone who has been 100% accurate in reference to Aggie athletics
If it's about an academic eligibility issue, I've been told that the issue has been 100% cleared up and was not the fault of the player, who makes great grades. I don't believe there to be a second issue. I chased down a rumor that turned out to have a valid explanation and appears to be all good.
What, so we're good now?
rae13
AG
Nope. We still have the original problem.
Gabe Bock
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Unfortunately, no, I can not provide details. My info is based on what I was told by someone who has been 100% accurate in reference to Aggie athletics
If it's about an academic eligibility issue, I've been told that the issue has been 100% cleared up and was not the fault of the player, who makes great grades. I don't believe there to be a second issue. I chased down a rumor that turned out to have a valid explanation and appears to be all good.
What, so we're good now?
No, this was debunking the notion that there is a second issue. I don't believe that to be the case at all.
MW13
AG
I'm positive the team will be alright and positive they will still have a good season.
Fat Tony
AG
Who throws on Sundays?
dirkjones
AG
Sunday? Who do you have throwing on Friday and Saturday?
Clown Question

quote:
They didn't poo poo the handling of the QB situation and it didn't do them any favors with the people who hold the information.

Staff was rightfully critical of how the QB situation was managed but I didn't think they reported anything that could be considered classified information. I figured that would would get them in more trouble with coaches than criticism.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Looks like people are feeling fairly certain we'll see Simonds and Vines/Ivey on the weekends.Maybe the other part of Vines/Ivey that isn't on the weekends would go Tuesdays.

Edit--I wonder if Hendrix would get another shot at starting now. It would be tough to throw two new guys on the weekends, and Hendrix didn't seem like he was too far away from being a good starter last season.
dirkjones
AG
I would think with yesterdays happenings, Corbin Martin will move to a weekend role. Had a great summer. Looks like we could have a primarily soph starting pitching staff this year.
dirkjones
AG
Heard yesterday that RC is pretty set on Hendrix being used in a dual closer role. I don't expect that to change unless the young guys cannot get it done.
fightintxag13
AG
I don't know anything about how good the fish are, but I don't think Simonds has the stuff to be a Friday starter. So could one of the fish be it? Seems like an awful lot to expect them to be a consistent number 1 starter. Shoot, even LSU's stud fish wasn't quite good enough to do it last year consistently.
Fat Tony
AG
quote:
Sunday? Who do you have throwing on Friday and Saturday?
I agree. I don't know if Simonds is the guy who will replace TS on Fridays. From what I have read, it seemed like the rotation would be TS (Friday), Simonds (Sat.), and Ivey (Sunday).

Assuming Simonds and Ivey move up a day and Hendrix stays in the pen, who will be moved to Sunday? Maybe it's Martin.

My (along with everyone, probably) concern is the youth/inexperience/lack of big innings during the weekend.
Mr.Ackar07
You wouldn't think RC would use Hill over Martin as a starter if need be? Martin's summer was 100% out of the pen. Hill performed well last summer too as a starter.
fightintxag13
AG
Hill performed well as a starter last year the first time through the lineup. He usually started getting hit quite a bit the 2nd and 3rd time through though.
dirkjones
AG
Hill could also be used as a starter if needed but as Gabe said today, RC's plan is to use him as a mid reliever and set up man for the closer. Seems like once RC has a plan, it takes a lot to change that plan.
Tex100
AG
quote:
quote:

So we aren't losing a player?
trouble
AG
We are losing one not two.
Tex100
AG
Who's on first?
gillom
AG
Not Stubblefield.
Aggiewife64
TS was the Saturday picture not Friday
Aggie09Derek
AG
quote:

Says who?
dirkjones
AG
quote:

Ty Schlottman? I would love it if Schlottman would get the Saturday start. No other TS on the team.
victory
AG
quote:
Because starting pitching was the reason we bowed out in the Supers last year...

With better pitching we probably don't go on the road for a super
AB2
AG
quote:
quote:
Because starting pitching was the reason we bowed out in the Supers last year...

With a competent Athletic Director we probably don't go on the road for a super

FIFY
Aggiewife64
Stubbs was the Saturday pitcher. He is headed to play ball in the state of kansas
Wabs
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FIFY

Bingo
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FIFY

With better pitching it wouldn't require our AD make a case for us. We were in a coin flip situation with TCU for the 8th spot. Win 2 or 3 more games and you are a lock...
Lance Uppercut
AG
I actually kind of doubt it. The morons on the committee latched onto the "only won one of their last 5 series" idea and then went for their yearly attempt at parity at the expense of people who deserved it.

-They didn't want to give the SEC 3 super hosts, and they wanted to give one the Big 12.
-They sent a Top 25 team to our super as a 2 seed
-Missouri State got a 1 seed without the ability to host a super. They gifted Oklahoma State the pairing with Missouri State and the chance to host a super.
-They ended up losing to Arkansas in their own regional, giving Arkansas the ability to host for a super.
-Vanderbilt was given the benefit of being paired with a Big 10 team in Illinois for their super.
-Of those last 5 series....we swept Tennessee. We split with Ole Miss. That leaves 3 series...The only bad series loss was to South Carolina, the other two were to Arkansas and LSU on the road. Both series had 1 run games, and both of those teams were CWS participants.
-We won a big game against eventual final-2 team Vanderbilt at our conference tournament, and had the misfortune of losing one game in the only place you wouldn't be allowed double elimination.

I think we could have added a few more wins somewhere along the way and still been left out. The committee is more obsessed with geography and "fairness" than they are ranking the types of seasons teams put together. A&M was basically punished for having a great regular season in the country's best conference.

I can even get past the eventual top 8 seedings, but the fact that we couldn't get any of the previous listed things remedied after missing out on that seed is pretty absurd considering our AD was sitting on the committee.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.