So what would have to happen...

1,631 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Yell Practice
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...for 2016 to go down as "The Season" in your memory for the years to come?

For me it's two wins in Omaha. I've been following this program since 1991 and have three appearances and only one CWS win for all of my "investment." That doesn't mean I'll necessarily be disappointed if 2016 isn't The Season. It will probably be March before I have any particular expectations for this new group.
AFDave13
AG

NSFW:
Agsncws
AG
Two wins in Omaha or (possibly) start the season with a 41-1 record. Of course, this applies every year, not just 2016.
jkag89
Two wins in Omaha might not be enough if the regular season is somewhat mundane, for example having a season like Arky this past year or tech in '14. I surely would enjoy such a postseason run but I'm not sure if I'd would remember it as a season for the ages.

An SEC West title (as well as the overall regular season best SEC record) especially if came down to the final series would do much to cement the '16 team as one of those I fondly remember, especially if they make a nice run in Omaha.

Of course winning the whole effing thing would be great no matter the regular season.
jpennington
Does having one of the national seeds going into Omaha also factor into 2016 being "The Season"?
dabo man
AG
That's really up to you, I guess. Winning at Tallahassee in 2011 is one of my great Aggie baseball memories, as the place cleared out quickly except for the few hundred of us Aggies in the crowd, and we were all together watching the team celebrating on the field and having a blast.
Yell Practice
Go to Omaha and bring back a couple of W's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.