tcu lupton stadium upgrades

4,217 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TxAgg07
ftworthag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"This latest project, which was raised through $7.5 million in donations, includes a new locker room, meeting room, team lounge, sports medicine center, equipment room and coaches' offices. We'll also have a new video board in place for next season."

http://www.gofrogs.com/genrel/070915aaa.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tcu/genrel/auto_pdf/2015-16/misc_non_event/baseball2015.pdf

they forgot to include something..... renovate the 1st base berm/hill
swimmerbabe11
I'm really excited about the new video board.

My understanding though was that they are also going to make the outfield berm more seating friendly. I'm not positive though.
ftworthag02
AG
Yall needed a new video board bad!

Has there been any discussion about improving the concourse, concessions, and restrooms?
ensign_beedrill
AG
The hill just needs to be moved forward somehow... it's completely separate from the stadium and atmosphere and the stadium blocks much of the view.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Yall needed a new video board bad!

Has there been any discussion about improving the concourse, concessions, and restrooms?

Not to my knowledge. We've done some pretty major stuff even since I've been there to expand capacity. I didn't make it to this SR, but I've gone to the previous SR and regionals and whatnot... were there problems with the concessions? I've never heard that as a complaint.

They have talked about adding more of the party patios I believe.
Yell Practice
Good Move - needed.
W
AG
the only renovation I want to hear about is moving the power alley fences to the usual 375 ft
Luke The Drifter
AG
Isn't Lupton a relatively new stadium? And it already needs upgrades? Or is it older than I'm thinking?

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
ftworthag02
AG
Opened in '03
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Isn't Lupton a relatively new stadium? And it already needs upgrades? Or is it older than I'm thinking?

It opened in 2003.

It has gone through several rounds of renovations/expansions. They added some practice facilities prior to this past season, expanded seating a few years ago, and maybe a few other things.

Its been treated as a long term project as they find the support and funds to improve the facility.
Hop
Staff
AG
It needs more concrete and less aluminum.
ftworthag02
AG
Amen
jt2hunt
AG
i dont care if the bleachers are concrete or aluminum.

it needs more seating ,period, if they want to host a super.

The berm is the most unusable aspect of the stadium.
Agsroll
AG
Concrete doesn't get you to the World Series. Apparently.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
it needs more seating ,period, if they want to host a super.

I hope you never have to go to UCLA for a Super.
spanky
AG
Does UCLA at least have standing room only where you can see the field?

Seriously though, I hope the video board comes with a new sound system. It would be nice to replace the blaring speakers up on the light poles with an evenly distributed system throughout.
spanky
AG

Will this obstruct the left field SRO or is that SRO area pretty much on the fence only and able to see around this building? Seems like further up the left field line would be better if you plan to ever add seats on that side.
spanky
AG
...and I stand corrected, the blaring speakers are on the poles for the net, not the lights
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
Concrete doesn't get you to the World Series. Apparently.

Wow, that's deep.
TxAgg07
AG
Looks like it will just further obstruct LF SRO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.