Softball Update

3,009 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Belton Ag
gigum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone with direct insight into the softball program please share an update about how next year's teaming is shaping up. I see where we are getting a transfer pitcher and have an all American HS pitcher scheduled to be here in the fall. With several good non pitcher starters from last year coming back, how realistic is it to expect a regional super seed this year?
Belton Ag
AG
I don't have any inside info, but as a season ticket holder I have to say the minimum expectation next season should be a super regional appearance if not a WCWS appearance. It's been far too long since we've been there.

TAQ
What is the info on the transfer pitcher?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
What is the info on the transfer pitcher?
http://www.12thman.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&ATCLID=210168470

Not an ace, but hopefully someone who can be a 4th option behind Abby Donnell.
Lexie Hudson
With losing three of our pitchers (Fox in particular) Marks and Donnell are going to have to step up along with Trinity Harrington coming in.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the freshmen from this past year will grow and improve during the summer and Fall ball.
clendenin
AG
Samantha Show 2 Time Gatorade POY

The 2012-13 Gatorade State Player of the Year at Pearland High, she had led the Lady Brahmarettes to a 35-2 record and a berth in the Class 3A state tournament semifinals at the time of her selection. Show had posted a 31-2 record with a 0.59 ERA and 410 strikeouts in 201.1 innings pitched through 37 games. She had thrown 13 no-hitters, including three perfect games, and held opponents to a .074 batting average. A 2013 National Fastpitch Coaches Association Second Team All-American, Show was batting .678 with 21 home runs and 61 RBI. Entering the state final four, she had scored 57 runs, walked 40 times and posted a .771 on-base percentage and a 1.644 slugging percentage.

East Bernard wins state 8-1

Show is the real deal and the best pitching signee since Megan Gibson and Amanda Scarborough.
jt2hunt
AG
She will be a freshman pitching this year?
Sean98
AG
Yes. WI'll be a true fish in the 2016 softball season.
Ags06Win
AG
Show - 1
Marks - 2
Herrington - 3
Ober - 4
Donnell - 5

Ags will be able to score with current talent on roster, but as always... W's will be determined by what happens in the circle.

Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Show - 1
Marks - 2
Herrington - 3
Ober - 4
Donnell - 5

Ags will be able to score with current talent on roster, but as always... W's will be determined by what happens in the circle.

If she's healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see Donnell higher in the pitching rotation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.