Michael Wacha - 2015 stats

14,817 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BigRichard
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They said most of the season that they were looking to limit Wacha to 180 innings or so. He threw 181.1 in the regular season but his ERA was up around 5.5 in his last seven starts. Maybe he's thrown too many total innings? That's absolute conjecture on my part, but his control has been missing for eight starts now.
dabo man
AG
Well, the Cards season is done, so Michael's stats are final.

If there is something wrong with him, it should come out now.
Yell Practice
Michael finished the season with a record of 17-7. Way to go Michael.

Best of Luck Next Year. Gig Em !!
dabo man
AG
Michael's 2015 "report card" from St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Jeff Gordon.

dabo man
AG
Surgery for Molina, rest for others
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/surgery-for-molina-rest-for-others/article_56f0b70c-3bc2-5037-a13c-4495b7954e50.html
quote:
NO LIMITS FOR PITCHERS WACHA, MARTINEZ
Much was made late in the season about the Cardinals giving young righthanders Martinez and Michael Wacha more rest so that innings-count wouldn't get too high.

"We talked about that yesterday," Mozeliak said, "and I think this year was beneficial to both. Moving forward, I doubt they'll be on any limitations."

While Martinez had to be shut down in September, Wacha, the staff's leading winner with 17, noticeably was less effective in the last month and in his playoff start when he tagged for four runs in 4 1/3 innings.

"I would imagine volume did, in the end, catch up (to him)," Mozeliak said. Wacha worked 181 1/3 innings, or 1 2/3 more than Martinez.
BigRichard
This is a test

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.