D1Baseball.com Projects A&M to CWS in 2016

5,159 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by spanky
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt of D1baseball.com each selected their projected CWS field for next year, and both picked A&M in Omaha.

THis is a link to a preview of the premium article about it...

http://www.d1baseball.com/the-buzz/early-predictions-eight-for-omaha-in-2016/
Yell Practice
Hope that they are right in their projection.
W
AG
I'm not surprised. Banks, Hendrix, and TStubb give the Ags 3 front line players that will receive preseason accolades on all-conference and/or all-american teams. And with Vinson, Simonds, Schlottmann, and Ecker all back for another year, the pitching staff returns 6 of its top 8 arms (that pitched in the postseason). D1 Baseball is well aware of that
kevmiller
Better make your reservations.

How many times has A&M been projected to goto Omaha in past.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
Better make your reservations.

How many times has A&M been projected to goto Omaha in past.

Good question. If someone can dig up the preseason polls since 1999 which I think is the year we went to this format it would be interesting to see how many time we were picked in the top 8. I know we have been to Omaha twice in this time.
W
AG
one trend of note...Childress' home regionals have come in pairs:

2007 & 2008

2011 & 2012

2015 & ?

generally speaking the Ags do well when a core group of very good players carries over to the next season (and then the dropoff comes the following year)
OldSaltAg
I think the losses of Nau, Taylor, and Allemand are going to prevent us from reaching Omaha. There is still a hole at third base to fill.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
I think the losses of Nau, Taylor, and Allemand are going to prevent us from reaching Omaha. There is still a hole at third base to fill.
Why? Teams lose about half of their roster every year. Baseball is different than football. You can plug-and-play new pieces pretty easily. Freshmen can have an immediate impact, and the JUCO's are very prominent in talent infusion.
Boomer White was the team's best hitter last fall, and he'll come online either in LF or RF. Walker Pennington had more home runs and RBI's at San Jac than anybody on the A&M roster and he'll be in the outfield as well. Joel Davis had very similar offensive numbers and he's projected to play 3B.
A case can be easily made that the lineup next season will be as strong or stronger.
W
AG
losing Allemand and Nau will hurt, but both players had holes in their games that will give the new guys something to improve on. Specifically speed and defense. Allemand committed 18 errors and only stole 7 bases. A new SS and new leadoff hitter should/could be able to improve on those numbers. Likewise...Nau hit into a team-leading 10 GiDP's and only had 1 RBI in the 6 games (70 innings of baseball) vs. Cal and TCU. A new 3-hole could improve those numbers too
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
losing Allemand and Nau will hurt, but both players had holes in their games that will give the new guys something to improve on. Specifically speed and defense. Allemand committed 18 errors and only stole 7 bases. A new SS and new leadoff hitter should/could be able to improve on those numbers. Likewise...Nau hit into a team-leading 10 GiDP's and only had 1 RBI in the 6 games (70 innings of baseball) vs. Cal and TCU. A new 3-hole could improve those numbers too

Nau was the leading A&M hitter in the NCAA's at .361. The fact that Ryne Birk and Allemand didn't get on-base much in the tourney shouldn't be a negative on Nau. For all of the pitching dominated games in the postseason, Nau had a hit in every game. Nau will be the biggest loss from the batting lineup. But I agree with you overall that the lineup has the opportunity to improve next year in several areas. There were weaknesses and holes in this lineup both offensively and defensively.
spanky
AG
Could somebody post their projections?
Ft Worth Ag
AG
When will the schedule be finalized and published?
W
AG
usually late August or September
clendenin
AG
Allemand's postseason OB% was .414 (17-for-41), more than adequate for a leadoff hitter and a shade below his season average of .430. Against TCU he was .421 (8-for-19). The Coastal Carolina game was the only NCAA tournament game that he failed to reach base.

Birk struggled against TCU but in the Aggie regional his OB% was .270 (7 for 26) and that included an 0-for-5 night against TSU. Going 0-for-11 against TCU killed multiple innings, a poor showing even against a talented pitching staff.
aeon-ag
No chance at CWS/2016, Childress can't handle the pressure, too many mistakes.
OKCAGS
Childress can't handle the pressure ? Wow.
TAMU1990
AG
We better because my kid's team is going to Slumpbusters next year! That will be sweet - a CWS with the Ags in it while he's playing in a tournament.
TMartin
Will Hyman be on the selection committee next year?
jja79
AG
quote:

There's definitely something /someone who will prevent us from reaching Omaha but it wont be those loses.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
We better because my kid's team is going to Slumpbusters next year! That will be sweet - a CWS with the Ags in it while he's playing in a tournament.

Good luck with this! A few years ago my son's 12U coach popped up in January and said, "Mr. Beasley, let's go to Omaha for a tournament this year!" Of course I was all in so we set plans and made it happen. My wife couldn't go so I asked my dad who is a Vanderbilt graduate if he wanted to go thinking a 3-generation boys trip would be fun. Dumb luck it was 2011 which was A&M's first trip since 1999 to Omaha and Vanderbilt's first trip ever! Better still our game scheduled worked out such that we got to attend the first games for A&M and Vandy! Very good time for us. Hope it works out for y'all as well!
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Remember that Texas A&M is not the only school that loses players to graduation and the MLB draft.
Silver Taps
That is a long way off to make a projection like that. Sure hope they are accurate. Hope the Aggies start to play hot about that time.
W
AG
Hyman's 3-year tour on the selection committee came to an end in 2015
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Hyman's 3-year tour on the selection committee came to an end in 2015

That's good news
spanky
AG
Sucks for TCU
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.