CWS Final - Game 2

7,043 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggiebrad94
MSFC Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
30 seconds between pitches has made this game unwatchable.

Just popped in to say how much this is irritating me. Is uva doing this on purpose?
75AG
AG
quote:
Pitch clock won't change that.

It only runs with the bases empty.
Yep
Frisco
AG
quote:
quote:

Just popped in to say how much this is irritating me. Is uva doing this on purpose?

Have to be and it's working
Ben Puig 97
AG
Ball game. 3-0 UVA
TexasRebel
AG
UVA wins 3-0

Game 3!
HTownAg98
There is no good reason a 3-0 game should be 3 hours and 45 minutes long. Throw in the whistler, and it becomes legitimate torture.
MallalieuAg
AG
I was thinking the same thing. The game sure was taking a long time with no scoring going on.
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:

YES! The catcher would turn completely sideways and get the pitch. Then he would relay to the pitcher. By this time the hitter and ump had had enough and call time. As soon as the batter stepped in the box the pitcher would throw before the batter had time to go through his complete routine.

I found myself dozing off 2-3 pitches at a time. I think the top of the 9th was at least 20 minutes. It was horrible.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
All I can say is Vandy looked so much like the Ags in that game. Seemed like they got somebody on base almost every inning and then couldn't get a hit to score. And then commit one killer error to give up the game winning run.
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

YES! The catcher would turn completely sideways and get the pitch. Then he would relay to the pitcher. By this time the hitter and ump had had enough and call time. As soon as the batter stepped in the box the pitcher would throw before the batter had time to go through his complete routine.

I found myself dozing off 2-3 pitches at a time. I think the top of the 9th was at least 20 minutes. It was horrible.
The UVA pitching coach was taking forever to call the pitch in. It looked like he was looking at a sheet...maybe figuring out which pitch to call. I didn't know if it was taking more time because it was crunch time and was pondering the right pitch, or if he was delaying on purpose...to get into the heads of the Vandy batters. I was hoping the ump would tell him to hurry his ass up (the UVA pitching coach).
TexasRebel
AG
Why is the coach calling the pitch anyway?
HTownAg98
It happens in college ball more often than you think. It's a huge time waster, and should be put to a stop.
Goose06
AG
quote:
It happens in college ball more often than you think. It's a huge time waster, and should be put to a stop.
RC calls all the pitches
TexasRebel
AG
Doesn't he call them in progressions?
aggiebrad94
AG
I definitely think UVA played the stall game on purpose. It certainly got me out of my rhythm.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.