I absolutley HATE LSU, but they will smoke TCU

37,308 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Longhorn Doc
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brock Sampson
AG
It will be a good game. Tcu pitching staff is crazy good. I think lsu has a good enough line up to score some runs though. Probably a 5-2 type game.
unmade bed
TCU = 2 and Q.

Grayson Long picked horrible time to take a **** on the mound, and our hitters decided to watch pretty pitches and swing at bull**** for the weekend.
dixichkn
AG
I can't believe my fingers are actually typing these words, but........

geaux swamp kitties. Make those purple poosays realize just how lucky they were to even get there.
BrandoC
AG
We speak actual English on TexAgs. You mean "Go".
LSU Baseball Fan
quote:
We speak actual English on TexAgs. You mean "Go".
We know the "Geaux" thing is stupid, but it's just one of LSU's traditions, so we embrace it. Pretty much every school in the SEC has stupid/weird traditions:

Ole Miss- Hoddy Totty
Alabama- Rammer Jammer
MSU- Cowbells
Arkansas- Woo, Pig Sooie!
LSU- Geaux Tigers
Florida- Gator Chomp
USC- Go Cocks
Auburn- Having 3 mascots (and sticking with the one 2 other SEC schools already use)
Kentucky- pretending they're in the SEC for any reason other than basketball
A&M- Midnight Yell/ Yell Leaders (personally I think it's cool and unique, most people think it's like a cult)

I hope we take care of business this year. TCU is a great team, but I think we are better, and if Lange pitches his best, LSU will be almost unbeatable.
JDay
Just about every LSU fan I have met has been great. Hope they crush TCU. Their bats are not hot either, but they have depth and speed in their lineup. The Ags eventually got to the point where the lineup was five hitters deep. By the end of the supers, there was a hole in the 2 spot as well.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
To be fair, LSU would have smoked us too
dixichkn
AG
Sure they would've. But to make the analogy, I'd rather be the poorest guy in the rich neighborhood (CWS) than the richest guy in the poor neighborhood (another flameout in the regional/super). Just get there and who knows? Everybody has a puncher's chance.
Coby
AG
Doubt it. Tcu has been as lucky as Auburn football this post season. Seriously can't make up the amount of fortune that has gone their way.
agforlife97
AG
TCU's pitching is legit, but LSU is a much better offensive team than we are right now. Should be an interesting matchup.
fieldtrailer
AG
I would rather have TCU put a ***** in their armor since their success leads to even more recruiting.
swimmerbabe11
IMO, LSU is going to smoke everybody in Omaha.
TXAggie2011
AG
So.

Much.

Butthurt.
EMY92
AG
It's baseball, there are no guaranties in a single game.
twk
AG
TCU's closer is in melt down mode. LSU's bullpen is it's weak point. Might make for an interesting finish, but I tend to think that LSU's offense will put more runs on the board than we did. I like LSU to edge out Vandy on that side of the bracket, and Florida to edge out Miami on the other side (although Arkansas might be the team to make a run at Florida, if they get their pitchers to perform just enough).
kevmiller
Why do people even care?

TCU beats us and then people want vindication by LSU dominating TCU?
What kind of logic is that?
Why do so many Ags love to ride the coattails of other SEC teams success?

TCU beat us, they were the better team.
They deserve the trip to Omaha.
I honestly couldn't care less who wins in Omaha now.
Harkrider 93
AG
quote:
TCU's pitching is legit, but LSU is a much better offensive team than we are right now. Should be an interesting matchup.

and LSU is a better defensively than us

and LSU is faster than us

and LSU has better pitching than us

but after watching the SR, you can probably say the same about TCU
FarmerJohn
AG
At least LSU knows how many people can fit in Alex Box. After this weekend, TCU knows how many people won't fit in Lupton.
Harkrider 93
AG
quote:
Why do people even care?

TCU beats us and then people want vindication by LSU dominating TCU?
What kind of logic is that?
Why do so many Ags love to ride the coattails of other SEC teams success?

TCU beat us, they were the better team.
They deserve the trip to Omaha.
I honestly couldn't care less who wins in Omaha now.

I probably shouldn't, but if I can't beat you up, then I hope my brother does. If you fly by me in traffic and cut me off, I can't help but hope you get a ticket. I shouldn't, but I am a weak person.

I care who wins in Omaha because I support my conference and state and favorite teams from growing up.

I do hope Louisville loses because of the Strong connection.
kevmiller
I just don't care for the SEC conference love fest.
I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling when Texas or Baylor or Oklahoma won and
I'm certainly not gonna when LSU or Florida or Vanderbilt win.
Just give me some good baseball to watch.
Whoever wins .. So be it.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
IMO, LSU is going to smoke everybody in Omaha.

Florida and Vandy will be the final 2 teams imho. TCU's pitching depth won't matter because of the CWS format. You only need 2 great pitchers.
Longhorn Doc
quote:
TCU = 2 and Q.

I actually think A&M had a better team than this. Because if you think TCU will be 2 and out, what does that say about A&M's team? Just remember, you can't even contend for a national championship if you don't have a ticket to the dance.

Frankly, I was surprised how well TAMU battled TCU, because, don't kid yourself, TCU has a really good team with outstanding pitching.

A&M had more than a few chances to win that game and it could have gone either way.
jay07ag
AG
Florida may have something to say about that. They smash.
careerchange05
AG
as long as TCU's d00shnozzle catcher with that incredibly gay goatee gets drilled in the as$, I don't really care who wins.
pudge
As a Texas Tiger, I was really hoping y'all would win and I stayed up to watch. I would much rather have Aggies and Tigers in Omaha than toads. Our baseball fan bases know the game well and would both positively contribute to the atmosphere at the CWS.
67walkon
Wanna bet the Frogs get smoked? I saw tremendous pitching , total focus, solid defense, great base running, adequate hitting and good coaching...though the pine tar accusation was as bush league as I have seen. Their pitching will give them a chance. Not a TCU fan, just telling the truth. We were very good they were better in their park. In Olsen is another story. I will be pulling of the SEC but I think it will be Vandy and Florida in the final. Fire away.
Yell Practice
Look for LSU to beat TCU.
trm94
AG
LSU will SMOKE TCU. It will be ugly.
Dr. Tinkle
Anytime you have good pitching you are going to be in it. TCU pitching will compete and quiet LSU bats. Don't be pissed because the Frogs got us. TCU is a legit team.
dixichkn
AG
I don't think anybody's "pissed because the Frogs got us". It's just that LSU is just so damn solid across the board that I don't think the Frogs have much of a shot. TCU has some great arms for sure, but Lange/Poche aren't slouches either. And swamp kitty bats are significantly better than TCU's. I give TCU maybe a 15-20% shot of winning
tamc12
AG
I think many of you betting on TCU are forgetting that they were 0-2 in their own conference tournament and only made it out of their regional because NC State cratered.
MMantle
AG
Don't underestimate TCU's pitching depth.

RR
milner79
quote:
quote:

I do hope Louisville loses because of the Strong connection.
Wow.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
quote:
TCU = 2 and Q.

I actually think A&M had a better team than this. Because if you think TCU will be 2 and out, what does that say about A&M's team? Just remember, you can't even contend for a national championship if you don't have a ticket to the dance.

Frankly, I was surprised how well TAMU battled TCU, because, don't kid yourself, TCU has a really good team with outstanding pitching.

A&M had more than a few chances to win that game and it could have gone either way.

Nobody cares what you think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.