*****Official NCAA Regional Day 1 Generic Comment Thread*****

21,826 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 94chem
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Also, I know Nau has it, but I don't understand the ridiculous skunk haircut. Looks terrible.

As are the mustaches, and almost everything else that these kids do (and that we did) in College.

Id rather keep the skunk cuts and lose the flat bills personally.
L8HIT
AG
I'm surprised how many turf fields I've seen especially down south.
W
AG
when a team is trying to come thru the loser's bracket it helps if the #1 seed home team already has a loss...such that the team coming thru loser's side doesn't have to beat the #1 seed twice (see TCU in 2012 at Olsen). It helps the horns that they have a chance to knock out the #1 seed with their #2 starter.

however for this particular regional I expect Oregon State to advance easily now and make DBU, t.u., etc.., a moot point
jkag89
quote:
I'm surprised how many turf fields I've seen especially down south.
Not surprising but definitely disappointing. What I do find a little surprising is the number of mixed fields we see now. For the most part these have natural turf fair territories but artificial foul territories. I wonder after this weekend if DBU will do away with the grass outfield and go to all field turf surface considering how the muck and the mire played a considerable part in both games yesterday.
Aston04
AG
quote:
I disagree on both counts.

DBU won't likely lose 2 straight games at home. DBU will be very motivated. Texas would have had an easier time beating VCU today to stay alive.

As far as winning the regional, that probability is very low, and has now even gone dowwn for Texas after DBU lost yesterday. Beating DBU will be more difficult that beating VCU would have been, and then they will have to probably beat OSU two times. I think OSU is just as good as DBU, all seeding issues aside.

Agreed- now they have to win 3 tough ones in a row. If they get VCU first, at least they get one game they are favored to win first. Now they need 3 upsets.
94chem
nothing really to disagree with - I was just pointing out basic probabilities, based on seedings. Sips probability of winning the regional increased, as did their probability of 2&Q. Not sure everyone understood the math.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.