So with terrible weather in the Brazos County all weekend what is the backup plan....

3,241 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bondag
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
for the games?
Elastrator
We whoop teams in record setting time?
Bunk Moreland
Astrodome. GroundShuttle.com has already volunteered their "luxury" shuttles to transport teams to the dome. Yellow Dogs stand ready for fans.
BrandoC
AG
Better be wearing our lightning suits.
DG-Ag
AG
Probably just move it to Columbia, SC.
Luke The Drifter
AG

I'm sure our athletic director would just agree to allow Texas Southern to advance to play TCU next weekend.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
STX Ag
AG
quote:

I'm sure our athletic director would just agree to allow no one to advance to play TCU next weekend.

FIFY
3Gen80Ag
AG
Got an email from 12thMan that said game time changes due to weather would be posted on Twitter and Facebook
3Gen80Ag
AG
Here is the link:
Game times may be adjusted for weather. Stay up to date on the latest weather-related news for Texas A&M Baseball on Twitter by following @Aggie_Baseball or on Facebook at facebook.com/AggieBaseball.
CapCityAg89
AG
Really need to start game 1 early and plan game 2 to start early - that allows more flexibility and no school right now anyway (right?). I'm not really sure why they haven't been able to do this all year when earlier weather has looked better than later weather.
jason_cook
S
TV sets the start times these days.
Tripacer
quote:
TV sets the start times these days.
So, how are we going to manage weather delays? If we know ahead of time that a TV slot has a good chance of being a rain out, is there no way to be proactive about it? Are any plans in work?

With the weather we have been having though, I know there has to be a lot of concern and discussions about what to do. The TSU coach even remarked about the trouble just getting to CS.
CapCityAg89
AG
But there really isn't comprehensive coverage for this weekend, is there? I thought it was more of a "whip around" combined with streaming approach. Given that, why should they care about a given game start time.

I understand what you're saying (and thank you for the answer!) - it just makes no sense if they are confident they're not going to show the game in that time slot anyway.
jason_cook
S
All of the games will at least be on digitally on ESPN3, which still has bandwidth limitations. Then ESPN will have "whip around" coverage across the linear channels, so they want to have a certain number of games being played at all times.
TempleAg97
AG
I think we'll be fine. I've been to most of our regionals the last 25 years and nearly every single one had delays. It's part of regional baseball. 5 hours or so to get in the early game to stay on schedule and then stay as late as you need to to finish the night game.
wilhunting
AG
Care to comment why our AD did not go to bat for his employer this past weekend?
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
Care to comment why our AD did not go to bat for his employer this past weekend?

Because he wasn't in the room?
EMY92
AG
quote:
How about we don't try to play gotcha with Jason when he tries to give this board important updates.

That's a question that he would never answer on Texags.

How about you send out a company wide email critiquing your boss after a major failure?
CapCityAg89
AG
I kindof get that, but there were probably more games played mid-day last Friday (conference quarterfinal day) on ESPN than will be played all weekend, so I question the bandwidth concern. Plus, if the game is delayed 3-4 hours, the whole time slot thing is blown anyway, right?

The question is: why is later preferable to earlier if we have a 70 or 80% confidence that there will be lightning at game time?
CapCityAg89
AG
I wish I could blue star that post 4-5 times.

Thanks Jason!
Bondag
AG
Reschedule Saturday and Sunday all you want. I will be pushing it to get out of work and to CS by 6 tomorrow.
sharpdressedman
quote:
Waiting...
victory
AG
quote:
I think we'll be fine. I've been to most of our regionals the last 25 years and nearly every single one had delays. It's part of regional baseball. 5 hours or so to get in the early game to stay on schedule and then stay as late as you need to to finish the night game.

There you have it folks!! Lol. Lots of us have been around a while and seen regionals. We've also just had a month of rain that nobody has ever seen. Not saying we won't get all games in before Monday but the past is pretty irrelevant in this situation.
trouble
AG
quote:

This is some real bull****.
LoneStarAg10
AG
Why don't we just cut them to 7 inning games to try to fit them in. Everyone would love that.
AgAttorney2010
AG
This question is for Jason (or anyone that knows).... any idea why NONE of the Aggie games got picked up by the SEC Network? I see that Arkansas, LSU, and Florida all got picked up today by the SEC Network...I would have guessed before the regionals were announced that at least one of the aggie games would have been broadcast on SEC Network..

i just looked at the sec network schedule for this weekend... they have NCAA regionals listed to be broadcast on Saturday at 12, 6, and 9.... and again on sunday at 1, 4, and 7..... however, what games will be televised IS NOT shown... any chance the ags get picked up for a saturday or sunday broadcast??

Also, it is interesting that the sec network is televising the arkansas game even though the game is in Stillwater, OK
LoneStarAg10
AG
quote:
This question is for Jason (or anyone that knows).... any idea why NONE of the Aggie games got picked up by the SEC Network? I see that Arkansas, LSU, and Florida all got picked up today by the SEC Network...I would have guessed before the regionals were announced that at least one of the aggie games would have been broadcast on SEC Network..

i just looked at the sec network schedule for this weekend... they have NCAA regionals listed to be broadcast on Saturday at 12, 6, and 9.... and again on sunday at 1, 4, and 7..... however, what games will be televised IS NOT shown... any chance the ags get picked up for a saturday or sunday broadcast??

Also, it is interesting that the sec network is televising the arkansas game even though the game is in Stillwater, OK

Well, they can't say who they are showing this weekend at those times because they don't know who will win and be in those slots. Also, Arkansas is the highest seed from the SEC playing right now, so there is no one else to show. ESPN has crews at every stadium. It doesn't matter that it's not at an SEC stadium. Any questions?
Bunk Moreland
Well said. No grand conspiracy. Ags just didn't get selected. Today they're rolling with 2 national seeds, and the only SEC team playing at the noon time-slot.
AgAttorney2010
AG
It doesn't matter who wins friday, they can still announce what sec teams the sec network is going to show saturday (ie. - just because you lose friday doesn't mean you have to play early saturday, the order of the games could be dictated by tv...) Likewise, the sec network could have told A&M they wanted to broadcast today's game vs. TSU at 12 ct even though they were the 1 seed in the CS regional.....

Obviously the sunday games can't be announced because theoretically all the sec teams could be elminated by sunday (extremely unlikely)

Sooo.. i guess the takeaway is that 1) an Aggie game could be picked up for sec broadcast on saturday or sunday??? and 2) the game may not be in the 12 ct or 6 ct time slot?
swimmerbabe11
Anyone seeing what is happening at DBU?

Team of backpack leaf blowers to dry out the field
Then they bring out a helicopter

And they they found fish. In the outfield.
Watching from the creek behind the field wasn't good enough, they were singing "Put me in Coach!"
AgAttorney2010
AG
Now the schedule shows that our games on sat and sun will be on sec network
Bondag
AG
quote:
Now the schedule shows that our games on sat and sun will be on sec network

My hotel in CS doesn't have SEC network.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.