Ok. ST or Ark will host super regional if they win 1st round

2,559 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rsemingson
Bernie13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the Mo. St. Bears renting their field from the AA St. Louis Cardinals team and them being home the weekend of Supers, the NCAA will not let the Bears host the Super Reg. I've heard the AA Cards were willing to move the times of their games but the NCAA wants total control of the field the entire weekend. Therefore if Ark wins, and I think they will, they will get the super at their homefield. Didn,t know if this had been announced on TV yet. HOgs are sitting pretty and will play either Mo. St, Iowa, or Oregon at home to get to Omaha. Hows that for good luck.
Bernie13
I say this because I think Ark is ranked higher than Oregon. Maybe Oregon would get it. That I'm not sure on but do know Mo.St. is out of the mix even though they have the #8 Nat seed.
EMY92
AG
If both #1's are eliminated, the 2 teams that advance have to bid on the Super. The team that will generate the most money will receive the bid. That would likely be Arkansas.
Bernie13
Thank you. I did not know that. I thought it would go by ranking but I think you are right by saying Ark would get it. I think they have a very good road to Omaha.
Bernie13
It's really a sad deal for Mo St. tickets will be sold out for there 1st round and the stadium has 8000 chairbacks plus several suites and berms surrounding the outfield.
Bernie13
The Mo st field sells beer and mixed drinks for the regular season since it is not on campus and that the AA Cards own it. Will they be able to continue to sell alcohol since it is an NCAA regional?
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
quote:
Will they be able to continue to sell alcohol since it is an NCAA regional?

Alcohol cannot be sold at NCAA events, so I suspect the answer is no.
Bernie13
That's going to tick off alot of people.
HogsSmellGood
Just one of the perks of being in the SEC. Baum Stadium opened in 96, has been expanded three times to capacity of just under 11,000. Blue Bell will go through some growing pains in the years ahead. Just like football, baseball players want to be in the SEC. I predict A&M like most of the league will fluctuate from very good to great from here on. "You better get a bigger boat"
dermdoc
AG
Alcohol CAN be sold at NCAA events. Look no further than Kyle and Blue Bell. And off campus facilities, like the minor league park MS plays in can sell all the beer they want. Just like at the Minute Maid Classic, Jerryworld when we play Arky, Bowl games, etc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
This makes me more angry about us not getting a national seed... The selection committee was aware of this possibility. Why not give us the national seed over them?
Doubleday
quote:
quote:
Will they be able to continue to sell alcohol since it is an NCAA regional?

That's not true. They sold beer at our regional last year at Rice. They sold beer at the Houston Classic at Minute Maid this year. I've been to a ton of college football games at pro stadiums where they sell alcohol.
Bernie13
I remember being at Rosenblatt in the 80's and they sold beer. Does the new stadium in Omaha sell beer also?
swimmerbabe11
Only in restricted sections, similar to how most college stadiums operate.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
This makes me more angry about us not getting a national seed... The selection committee was aware of this possibility. Why not give us the national seed over them?
Because Hyman
Aggie
AG
quote:

That's 100% false.

gougler08
AG
quote:
Geography and travel budget, Okie Lite and Missouri St are within a bus ride from each other whereas they would have to fly to other locations (ie A&M)
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
Geography and travel budget, Okie Lite and Missouri St are within a bus ride from each other whereas they would have to fly to other locations (ie A&M)

They can't really use this excuse when none of the visitors to the TCU regional are less than 1000 miles away.

I really expected to be paired with Missouri St and Oklahoma St to be paired with A&M for exactly that reason.
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
The problem with looking at geography in super regional pairings is that you don't know who you are actually pairing. If Oregon wins in Springfield and St. Johns wins in Stillwater, then the pairing makes no geographic sense. They should just rank the one seeds 1-16 and let the chips fall where they may.
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The problem with looking at geography in super regional pairings is that you don't know who you are actually pairing. If Oregon wins in Springfield and St. Johns wins in Stillwater, then the pairing makes no geographic sense. They should just rank the one seeds 1-16 and let the chips fall where they may.
Completely agree...but that's not how they do it. They actually do this for softball (which makes even less sense as they probably draw in less revenue than baseball)
FtBendTxAg
AG
Ummm I buy alcohol at off site NCAA bball and football games all the time.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
The rule is only on NCAA sponsored championships, and it's certainly in place at those venues. It's not sold at the Final Four, etc. Regular season games (on campus or at neutral locations) are not subject to this rule. The one exception was to the newly-formed Football championship, and that's because the NCAA doesn't run the 4-team football Div 1 FBS tournament.

Wall Street Journal Article on NCAA Alcohol Policy
NY Times Article on FBS Championships Different Alcohol Policy
Sq 17
back to who would host
I would nt bet against the Ducks making a stronger bid
rsemingson
I believe alcohol is sold at the Cotton Bowl which is a NCAA event.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.