****TEXAS AGGIES REGIONAL OFFICIAL WEATHER THREAD****

8,780 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Air Force Ags
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it possible most of it stays to the north? I'm not seeing much development west of Gtown yet.
Air Force Ags
AG
Good news for #AggieRegional...storms have fizzled out as they approached CStat. Still good chc storms this aftn.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Good news for #AggieRegional...storms have fizzled out as they approached CStat. Still good chc storms this aftn.
How does it look for our 6 p.m. start?
Air Force Ags
AG
Upr-level disturbance in W TX brings good chc rain/storms to #AggieRegional this aftn/eve. Could be late night
Gizzards
AG
So does tomorrow still look like a nice day?
Air Force Ags
AG
Yes... front still may hang up some but be far enough south near Houston that we have very little, if any, rain by afternoon.
Air Force Ags
AG
AF 4 Km Ensemble IDs good chc tstms at #AggieRegional by 3 PM w/low chc some may be severe w/mainly high wind.
JeffHamilton82
My guess is a line of storms develops around Austin at noon and starts raining in BCS around 2 and ends around 4. I'm expecting north winds around 10mph. I am not a weatherman.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
My guess is a line of storms develops around Austin at noon and starts raining in BCS around 2 and ends around 4. I'm expecting north winds around 10mph. I am not a weatherman.
LOL. If we only had a poster on this thread who was!!!!
JeffHamilton82
True but at 5am he said it would be raining here at 10am. It's 11:30 and no rain in sight. I'm not sure if it is even going to rain here today. Really weird split storms right now. The wind is out of the North here but the real front is still NW of here. My question is the rain West of San Antonio, does it continue SE or does it turn East? If it doesn't turn soon then our rain chances to down.
trouble
AG
And at 8:20 he said those storms had fizzled out.
JeffHamilton82
quote:
And at 8:20 he said those storms had fizzled out.

I realize that. So if the experts can't predict weather 5 hours out then there is no harm in discussing different opinions. This is a discussion board, right?
JeffHamilton82
At 10am I thought it would rain here around 2. Now I'm not sure that it's going to rain here at all today. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought this thread was to discuss weather since it could affect the games.
trouble
AG
These threads are pretty much for AFA to forecast and me to give him a hard time.
Captain Pablo
AG
What's the latest?

Cluster of storms out west (near junction) heading this direction

Air Force Ags
AG
Storms likely to fire along sagging front between 4-8 PM w/peak around 5-6 PM.

As for reason why storms dissipated this AM...likely due to loss of radiational cooling above cloud tops and storms outrunning upper-level support. It happens sometimes.
PatriotAg02
AG
quote:
Storms likely to fire along sagging front between 4-8 PM w/peak around 5-6 PM.

As for reason why storms dissipated this AM...likely due to loss of radiational cooling above cloud tops and storms outrunning upper-level support. It happens sometimes.
Yep it does. Weather is always throwing curves......(to make this baseball related)
Captain Pablo
AG
Is the front/dry line going to be through CS by 1st pitch?

A guy can only drink so much beer during delays
trouble
AG
Amateur
Air Force Ags
AG
Beer Guy, storms should be winding down by 1st pitch, but must watch back building cells, especially if front moving slowly. I would estimate a 1-hour delay.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Amateur

That's me

Bondag
AG
At least we got game 3 in on time.
tamc12
AG
Raining hard in Ft Worth. TCU regional in rain delay.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
It's not gonna rain
gougler08
AG
Hopefully it starts prior to 5pm so I know if I need to head to the stadium or not
EMY92
AG
quote:
Raining hard in Ft Worth. TCU regional in rain delay.

Looking at the radar, all of the rain in the area is right over the stadium.
Air Force Ags
AG
Good news for #AgsvBears game is front has weakened & not enough shear to sustain storms. So, any cells that develop will not last too long.
Lefty96
AG
Thanks AFA. We're all counting on you to keep the storm out of CS. Don't let us down!
Air Force Ags
AG
#AgsvBears Wx: Partly cloudy, hot, humid w/50% chc sct'd rain/tstms til 9 PM. NW wind 10-20 mph. 1st/9th Temp: 89/80. Heat Index: 92-95.
Air Force Ags
AG
Weak front/outflow through CStat keeping main threat of rain/tstms south & west of #AggieRegional along sea breeze.
Air Force Ags
AG
#AgsvCCU Wx: Mostly sunny, warm, & breezy w/north wind 10 mph w/15-20 mph gusts. 1st/9th Temp: 79/84. #BTHOCoastalCarolina!
Air Force Ags
AG
I have been to all six games at the College Station Regional (big time tan now) and I am so pumped that I have to do a Game 7 Forecast for all the marbles on Monday night! And here it is folks:

College Station Regional Championship Final, Monday, 6:30 PM

Weather: Mostly sunny and warm to start, cooling off to pleasant temperatures after 8 PM.
Wind: Northerly at 5-10 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 0%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 0%.
1st/9th Temp: 83/74.
Heat Index: 85 to start.

BTHO California and celebrate so much that the Bears take exception again!

Cheers,

Doc AFA
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.