****TEXAS AGGIES REGIONAL OFFICIAL WEATHER THREAD****

8,763 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Air Force Ags
Air Force Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OVERVIEW: Due to several upper-level disturbances overriding a very moist environment, there will be good chances for isolated to scattered showers and thunderstorms during each afternoon and early evening of the College Station regional. So, Nick and his crew will be busy and there will likely be some late nights this weekend. Let's get to the exact forecast.

Friday, 29 May
(Coastal Carolina v Cal Bears at 12 PM/Texas Aggies v Texas Southern Tigers at 6 PM)

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 70% chance of scattered afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 30% by 9 PM.
Wind: Southerly at 5-10 mph with gusts to 15-20 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 70%, decreasing to 30% by 9 PM (0.1 - 0.25").
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 20%.
High Temp: Low-to-mid-80s.
Heat Index: 90.

Saturday, 30 May

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 60% chance of scattered afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 30% by 9 PM.
Chance of Precipitation: 60%, decreasing to 20% by 9PM (0.1 - 0.2").
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 15%.

Sunday, 31 May

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 60% chance of scattered afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 20% by 9 PM.

Monday, 1 June (If Necessary Game)

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 50% chance of isolated afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 20% by 8 PM.
Wind: Southerly at 5-10 mph with gusts to 15 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 50%, decreasing to 20% by 9PM (0.05-0.1").

Enjoy the games as we watch our Ags BTHO NCAA Tourney and prove to those lame men in suits that the Aggies should have been a Top 8 Seed! Whoop!
Capt. America
AG
BQ_90
AG
Basically yes, just depends on where, when, and how much. Hopefully it won't impact any games
W
AG
all right, it's final exam time for the weather guys
McGibblets
AG
Rained a lot last year at rice and made for a pretty long regional. As long as we win, I'll be fine if it rains though
W
AG
UH's regional this year is going to be a wet one and then some. Good thing it doesn't start until Friday
TempleAg97
AG
I've been to nearly every regional the Ags have been in the last 30 years and most have had a rain delay. Some highlights?
1)Long Beach State putting on a show for the Olsen crowd during a Saturday winner's bracket delay.
2)3 hour lightening delay and then #1 Rice going down and the Aggies getting only 4 innings in before postponement around 2am.
3)Ags STARTING a Friday regional game against Yale (93?) around midnight and Olsen still being packed.
Aggie
AG
Yep 1993 regional opener vs Yale.
Rain delays thru the day pushed everything back. Our game started after 11:30. Ended just after 2am.
Standing room only crowd... At least to start the game.
75AG
AG
Them berms are gonna be squishee!
Air Force Ags
AG
No big changes to forecast for the Aggies' regional this weekend with rain/storms likely each afternoon/early evening Friday-Sunday. There will be less of a chance of rain/storms on Monday with less coverage and duration. Hopefully we do not need to play on Monday due to weather or as a result of losing first game of championship round. I have to work a New Student Conference from 6-7 PM on Monday!
Mark Fairchild
AG
Temple, one of the best rain delays that I have ever witnessed was the Long Beach dugout. They did some of the funniest stuff that I have had the privilege to witness. Brings back fond memories. I love AGGIE baseball.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
75AG
AG
Worst case scenario and all games through Monday are rained out, what happens then? Wrap this thing up on Tuesday and Wednesday? How late in the week can they go?
TwoTimeAg
AG
quote:
Rain delays thru the day pushed everything back. Our game started after 11:30. Ended just after 2am.

Yale was staying at the hotel where I was the night auditor...the manager was stunned that after that game, the restaurant they had made arrangements with to eat was waiting for them, and was willing to serve them. They decided to get the food to go based on the time. He raved about the treatment they received in College Station, and said nowhere else they had been even came close.
TrueAg86
AG
quote:
Worst case scenario and all games through Monday are rained out, what happens then? Wrap this thing up on Tuesday and Wednesday? How late in the week can they go?

In that case, all four regional teams forfeit and TCU gets an automatic spot in the CWS.
Bonfired
AG
quote:
quote:

Yale was staying at the hotel where I was the night auditor...the manager was stunned that after that game, the restaurant they had made arrangements with to eat was waiting for them, and was willing to serve them. They decided to get the food to go based on the time. He raved about the treatment they received in College Station, and said nowhere else they had been even came close.

I felt a little bad for Yale...they had to turn around and play the first elimination game against UNC about 8 hours after they got back to their room. I remember hearing "In The Midnight Hour" over the P.A. Good times...
Ginsang
AG
Tell us about the long beach dugout??
threeanout
AG
Jeff Granger pitched against Yale. Lot of folks were cocktailed up. Granger would step out of the dugout to throw some in between innings. Group next to me had him laughing so hard he couldn't let loose of the ball. "Harder than the hardest hard of the hard"......
Air Force Ags
AG
****28 MAY 10:12 PM UPDATE****

Friday, 29 May
(Coastal Carolina v Cal Bears at 12 PM/Texas Aggies v Texas Southern Tigers at 6 PM)

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 50% chance of scattered afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 20% by 9 PM.
Chance of Precipitation: 50%, decreasing to 20% by 9 PM (0.1 - 0.2").
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 20%.

Saturday, 30 May

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 60% chance of scattered afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 30% by 9 PM.
Wind: Becoming light and variable at 5 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 60%, decreasing to 20% by 9PM (0.2 - 0.4").

Sunday, 31 May

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 60% chance of scattered afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 20% by 9 PM.
Wind: Northerly at 5-10 mph with gusts to 15-20 mph.
Heat Index: 88.

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with a 50% chance of isolated afternoon/early evening showers/storms, decreasing to 20% by 8 PM.
Wind: Northerly at 5-10 mph with gusts to 15 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 50%, decreasing to 20% by 9PM (0.05-0.1").
Heat Index: 87.

Enjoy the games as we watch our Ags BTHO NCAA Tourney and prove to those lame men in suits that the Aggies should have been a Top 8 Seed! Whoop!
victory
AG
quote:
UH's regional this year is going to be a wet one and then some. Good thing it doesn't start until Friday

They have turf. They will be fine
JeffHamilton82
Big line of storms in Central Texas that should move through BCS overnight. Interested to see how the atmosphere reacts tomorrow afternoon to this. If the storm pushes through then that should decrease rain chances but if it stalls and washes out then a round could develop around the area where the line washes out. I'm not a weatherman.
Aggie
AG
I give up trying to post a picture from phone.

Storm stretching from Mexico to Oklahoma City and Waco to Abilene wide moving thru central texas now.
Probably be here around 2am
McInnis
AG
quote:
Yale was staying at the hotel where I was the night auditor...the manager was stunned that after that game, the restaurant they had made arrangements with to eat was waiting for them, and was willing to serve them.

Dinsesh Patel?
SECTAMU#1
Beautiful day for baseball, today!
Lance Uppercut
AG
Well, 43% chance of rain at the time our game is supposed to start, then that percentage drops from there.
JeffHamilton82
A line could develop later, but it looks to me like the rain will stay East. I am not a weatherman.
threeanout
AG
Doesn't seem to be anything developing out west today, but tomorrow looks like we may get battered.
dachsie
I think you will be ok today, but tomorrow may be dicey
Sean98
AG
quote:
Temple, one of the best rain delays that I have ever witnessed was the Long Beach dugout. They did some of the funniest stuff that I have had the privilege to witness. Brings back fond memories. I love AGGIE baseball.
This. so much this. They were great to have around.
Air Force Ags
AG
Good to go for Ags v TSU with only 30% chance of isolated rain/storm. S wind 10-20. Temps start in low-mid 80s and end in upper-70s. Heat index near 90.

BTHO TSU!
Amazing Moves
Is the wind blowing out?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Is the wind blowing out?
yes. Wind should be out of the south all weekend I do believe.
Amazing Moves
That's what I figured. Thanks
Air Force Ags
AG
****FRIDAY, 29 MAY 10:34 PM UPDATE****

Cold front with associated showers and storms will come through College Station during mid-to-late morning. So, the start of the Coastal Carolina v TSU game may be delayed for 1-2 hours until the rain/storms pass in early afternoon. The good news is once the rain ends on Saturday, it should be done for duration of the regional.

Saturday, 30 May

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy, warm and muggy with an 80% chance of scattered showers/storms, decreasing to 30% by 2 PM.
Wind: Northerly at 10-20 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 80%, decreasing to ]30% by 2 PM (0.2 - 0.4").
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 40.
Temps: Near 80 in afternoon and in low-to-mid-70s in evening.

Sunday, 31 May

Weather: Partly cloudy, cooler, and breezy
Wind: Northerly at 5-10 mph with gusts to 15-20 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: Near 0%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 0%.
Temp: Low-80s in afternoon and in mid-70s by evening.
Heat Index: Mid-80s.

Weather: Partly cloudy and warmer.
Wind: Northerly at 5-10 mph with gusts to 15 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: Near 0%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 0%.
High Temp: Mid-80s.

BTHO Cali and NCAA Tourney!
Air Force Ags
AG
Band of storms w/locally heavy rain will be at #AggieRegional ~10 AM & last until ~1 PM. ~ 1-2 hr delay of #CCUvTSU.
Air Force Ags
AG
Front & associated rain/storms may drag through #AggieRegional today causing delays to games before clearing out Sun. Update later this AM.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.