tu 4 seed

8,234 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SeaAGS
billydean05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just went through automatic bids and tu with an RPI in the 80s is primed for a 4 seed. I cannot find 16 teams with lower RPIs. You have to push them ahead of teams with RPIs in the low to mid 70s to get them to a 3 seed. This could be interesting...
BurnetAggie99
What's the chance they end up in our Regional
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:

I think low. They seem like a perfect fit for DBU since they don't play them during the year. If not there, I expect them to be at Houston.
billydean05
I have heard those two places floated around as probable destinations. I do not understand why we are not mentioned in the same breath as DBU and UH. I think there is a decent shot that the selection committee would relish the matchup. Similarly to how Clemson and SC would regularly find themselves matched.
W
AG
how far into the bottom 16 are the horns in the RPI?

just 2 or 3 spots or 7 or 8 spots?
AB2
AG
This. It matters.
billydean05
12 teams that are clearly worse than them assuming FIU holds on.
W
AG
looks like the sips have a better RPI than:

Texas Southern
HBU
VCU
Mercer
Canisius
FAMU
Ohio
Sacred Heart
Moorehead State
Lehigh
Pepperdine

that's 11 teams -- could be interesting
la_guns
Texas most likely heads off to the U of H regional.
trm94
AG
The sips will be placed in a weaker regional they can win. That is why you won't see them in CS
McGibblets
AG
If Texas is a 4, I expect they'll be headed to DBU or Houston. If they somehow manage to be a 3, I wouldn't be surprised to see them headed to CS
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
The sips will be placed in a weaker regional they can win. That is why you won't see them in CS
But I thought you said we were awful and "won't even make it to a Super after getting bounced in the Regional".
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
I have heard those two places floated around as probable destinations. I do not understand why we are not mentioned in the same breath as DBU and UH. I think there is a decent shot that the selection committee would relish the matchup. Similarly to how Clemson and SC would regularly find themselves matched.

Because we played them last year and there's no reason to have repetitive postseason match ups if it can be avoided.
Stevetex.
If the NCAA wants to make money they will have them a 3 seed. Doubt they will have them go against the 1 seed in the regional right off the back as a 4

If they really want to make money send them to CS.
trm94
AG
We aren't awful... We aren't good either. And DBU and UH are much weaker - we beat them. NCAA will do everything they can to ensure the sips get into the SR's.... They are College Baseball royalty
W
AG
it can definitely get a little boring with the same old matchups every year. That's why Rice to UH's regional may not be a lock. The teams have already played 3 times this season
backintexas2013
AG
Why would that guarantee any more money? No guarantee matchup unless they are a four seed. I would say send them to a place so they can help draw.
backintexas2013
AG
That's why I think Rice goes to LSU. Maybe to us.
dermdoc
AG
I think tu goes to DBU as a four. They can win that game with French pitching. And I think we are hooked up with that regional to set up a potential tu/Ag super. Rice will be a two with us I think.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AB2
AG
I think they'll be at DBU but as a 3.

twk
AG
I think they will be a 3 somewhere. Although their record and RPI merit a 4, they are more talentated than that, and any one seed that got them as a 4 in the first game would not be happy with that draw. There's just too big of a difference between t.u. and Texas Southern, just to cite one example.
dermdoc
AG
After thinking about I agree Tom.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
W
AG
will be interesting to see what happens. Seems like there would be a tendency for the committee to 'punish' a team that sleepwalked thru the regular season and then won a tournament in part because the regular season champ (TCU in this case) didn't bother to show. 'Punish' in 2015 would mean making the horns travel to UCLA or LSU
trm94
AG
NCAA won't ever punish the sips for anything - look at their history. They are baseball royalty
STX Ag
AG
quote:
NCAA won't ever punish the sips for anything - look at their history. They are baseball royalty

Grow testicles.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
Damn near a guarantee.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
quote:
Damn near a guarantee.

No it's not.

Jesus, some of you....
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
Damn near a guarantee.
Based on what? We'll be the strongest #1 seed in Texas. They won't pair the strongest #4 seed with us. That's not it works.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Damn near a guarantee.

No it's not.

Jesus, some of you....
No kidding.
backintexas2013
AG
They won't be here but if they end up a three seed I would love to have them. Chance to upset a #2 because if French. Not really a good team. Some people are giving them way too much credit. To put it in perspective I don't think Baylor could take a series from anyone in the SEC.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
They won't be here but if they end up a three seed I would love to have them. Chance to upset a #2 because if French. Not really a good team. Some people are giving them way too much credit. To put it in perspective I don't think Baylor could take a series from anyone in the SEC.
Yep. If they are in CS, it would have to be as a 3 seed.

That would be fine with me.
OldSaltAg
Some of you forget tu plays in the BDF. We play in the SEC. No big deal for us ags.
twk
AG
quote:
Some of you forget tu plays in the BDF. We play in the SEC. No big deal for us ags.
I'm fine with t.u. coming as a 3 seed, if that's the way it shakes out. I'm not OK with them coming as a 4 seed. We ought to get a 4 like Texas Southern. Granted, you never know when you're going to run into a Herman Coachman who will put a team like TSU on their back, but it's less likely for them than it is for t.u.
Wicked Good Ag
Thier pedigree will have them as a three not a four seed. When has a power five program in recent years been a four seed regardless of how they got in the tourney.?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
If tu isn't in CS regional, expect an RD expose on how we managed to duck them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.