We've been ahead or tied 18 out of 23 innings

2,948 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by parrotdr
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 innings of D and pitching Ags and lets take THIS one.
txag72
AG
Make that 24 innings.
AgTruth
AG
. . . and scored same number of runs for series . . .
JRB78
AG
home field was the difference. you won't see a more evenly matched series.
Amazing Moves
quote:
home field was the difference. you won't see a more evenly matched series.
512Ag
AG
It sucks to come out losing 2/3, but that really was a great college baseball series. It reminded me of the Baylor series in 99, except we won that one.
dixichkn
AG
Yep. From what I saw, the rankings were perfectly justified. If we had any defense or more than just a little clutch hitting, the rankings would be perfectly reversed. Still a great series.
txag72
AG
We ended up ahead or tied 21 out of 27 innings. 2 or 3 bad innings cost us the series.
Maroon Flash
AG
Rather lose this series and win later when it really counts. I like our chances to take them out.
MaroonStain
AG
This is a good team
Propofolsu
Yup that was it man.... Great meaningless stat.....who cares how many innings you lead..... Clutch hitting and pitching is what wins.... We crushed your pitches two he tune of over 36 hits....

Enjoy leading in all those innings though.....
Goose06
AG
quote:
Yup that was it man.... Great meaningless stat.....who cares how many innings you lead..... Clutch hitting and pitching is what wins.... We crushed your pitches two he tune of over 36 hits....

Enjoy leading in all those innings though.....

No one is claiming it as any sort of victory. Just pointing out that despite losing the series we played a very competitive series on the road at the #1 team in the country's place. Despite our high ranking, a number of fans were concerned entering the series after Arkansas exposed our pitching staff and we were starting to see the impact of losing our 2 best pitchers to injury. It is encouraging to see the team continue to battle and compete and prove they belong in the top 5. LSU is a great team and incredibly well rounded and I don't think you will find many dissenting opinions here.
skeetboy3
AG
quote:
We crushed your pitches two he tune of over 36 hits.

There are two kinds of people:
1) those who know how to use to
2) and those that are too incompetent to do so.

In all seriousness, good series. Nobody is trying to say we should be awarded some sort of prize. Most are lamenting the fact that we had our chances to take the series (possibly sweep) and we did not finish. Credit to lsu for finishing. I do think home field had a role; but, that is baseball--you play the game where the schedule tells you.
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:
We crushed your pitches two he tune of over 36 hits.

There are two kinds of people:
1) those who know how to use to
2) and those that are too incompetent to do so.

In all seriousness, good series. Nobody is trying to say we should be awarded some sort of prize. Most are lamenting the fact that we had our chances to take the series (possibly sweep) and we did not finish. Credit to lsu for finishing. I do think home field had a role; but, that is baseball--you play the game where the schedule tells you.
Not to mention it was not more than 36 hits (35 I believe). And who cares how many hits, we had the same number of runs. However, at the end of the day the number of runs doesn't matter either in a series, its number of wins...
Propofolsu
Thanks for letting me know autocorrect on a cell phone doesn't work
Propofolsu
You scored less runs then us in two games.... Congrats on tying us in runs too......

Just as easy as yall say yall could have swept so could have LSU....I think Aggies are Omaha bound.

But we have something yall dont which is a bunch of dudes that have played baseball there..... Again timely hitting and pitching is what wins titles....

Good luck in the rest of your season.

Wabs
AG
quote:
You scored less runs then us in two games.... Congrats on tying us in runs too......

Just as easy as yall say yall could have swept so could have LSU....I think Aggies are Omaha bound.

But we have something yall dont which is a bunch of dudes that have played baseball there..... Again timely hitting and pitching is what wins titles....

You forgot clutch and timely umpire calls at your home field. That goes a long way, too. We get them at our home park, you get them at yours. That's baseball. Hope we have a re-match this season. Two very good, evenly matched teams.

Coby
AG
Propoflsu you are making a thread that isn't confrontational confrontational.

Nobody is trying to claim some type of victory from it all. Maybe try taking a step back and looking at the series as a whole. It was incredibly evenly matched. It was exactly what #1 vs #2 should've been. Aside from some blatantly missed calls, that is.

Or you can continue to be an unnecessary asshat. That's much more likely.
txag72
AG
At least it kept the stadium relatively quiet for most of the innings.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:

Y'all got bailed out by that ****ty ump crew on Thursday night, big time. No way around that. No way in hell that guy was safe at third or that was strike 3 to Hinsley.

Sure, you took the series, but don't act like LSU was the clearly better team. From what I saw, both teams were very evenly matched; well, evenly matched without our top 2 starters, that is.
Aggies1322
AG
quote:

Dude, you seem to be enamored with periods. I know lsu has an issue with academics, but I expect better.
parrotdr
quote:
quote:

Sure, you took the series, but don't act like LSU was the clearly better team. From what I saw, both teams were very evenly matched; well, evenly matched without our top 2 starters, that is.
You're right there. Hey, both teams should and will be Top 8 seeds in the tourney. Let's just hope seedings don't have them both in the same side of the bracket if and when they get to the CWS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.