****Aggies vs. Arkansas-Saturday Game 2****

162,831 Views | 1243 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MidTnAg
Amazing Moves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Today was bad, but Texags rags so much on any team regardless of what kind of year they're having. I'm returning to my home planet.

Over reacting is the Texags way, but I think being disappointed in the lack of effort today is justified. We made errors, walked hitters, and took bad ABs and allowed a team we had down and out to come back from a 5 run deficit.
dallasag00
AG
Well hopefully our players are awake now.
jkag89
Flat happens in baseball. There is not one D1 team that has not looked flat this season, nor one that did not look as bad as the Ags looked for those three innings.

TexAgs is often too praiseworthy when things are going well and definitely too hypercritical when things are going poorly. It would be nice if some of you would look at the over all landscape of D1 baseball.
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:
Being disappointed, yes. Some of the posts here at the end of the game are beyond disappointed.

I agree. I'm more upset at how we lost. The other games we've lost this season the opposing team had some really good pitching and made great plays in the field and just played solid games overall. We were on track for our second consecutive blowout and we came out expecting arky to roll over like they had yesterday and we got punched right in the mouth.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:
Today was bad, but Texags rags so much on any team regardless of what kind of year they're having. I'm returning to my home planet.

Over reacting is the Texags way, but I think being disappointed in the lack of effort today is justified. We made errors, walked hitters, and took bad ABs and allowed a team we had down and out to come back from a 5 run deficit.

There is more then disappointment being shown here.
PatriotAg02
AG
Why are people blaming the weather for the loss???

Arkansas defeated us, not the weather. Our guys had just as much of a chance today as they did......actually more of one since we went in with a 5 run lead.

I'm sure the team takes responsibility for the loss. Some of you should too.
Amazing Moves
Go back to the R&P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jk. You are right.
Coby
AG
I'd just like to think the #1 team in the nation with our stellar bullpen wouldn't choke that hard. But that's baseball I guess.
trouble
AG
He's usually right.

It's irritating.
W
AG
oh my, what a revolting development at BBP this early afternoon as the Ags (35-4) suffer their first bullpen meltdown of the season.

the Razorback offense was relentless. The Ags could not get any easy outs. Allemand has to tighten up his defense. Been very shaky in the series.

thank goodness this next game is only 7 innings. A&M doesn't have enough pitching left to hold down the Hogs for nine.

and today we saw the downside of defensive replacements. When the bullpen fails...what's left of the batting order is not up to par. Have to really think twice about taking out Taylor before the 9th inning and also pinch-running for Gideon back in the 6th. Needed those 2 bats once Arky took the lead
jkag89
quote:
Go back to the R&P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get off my baseball board you damn heathen.

LeftyAg89
AG
I don't see how anyone can call this "choking". It's freakin baseball. Sometimes bats hit balls, sometimes bats swing and miss. We've gone 3 scoreless innings in a row before, and will again. We've given up 5+ run innings before, and we will again. It's baseball, it's streaky!

It doesn't feel like we have dominated teams on a regular basis this year (I've been sweating through so many games),,, yet we have only lost 4 games... that to me is amazing.
75AG
AG
The letdown was started by Rick (or NotRick) playing Thunderstruck and the War Hymn at the start of the 7th inning. What a dip sh*t move!
ColoradoMooseHerd
Wow several posts that were not controversial at all but discussion about the game just got deleted.
Yell Practice
Vote for an Aggie Baseball only Forum.
ColoradoMooseHerd
One Poster said he wanted to see a quicker hook, 5 runs is just too many at one time.

I asked him, which pitcher he would have given the hook to sooner? Wanting to know which pitcher in game 2 should have been pulled sooner in your opinion?
Amazing Moves
quote:
He's usually right.

It's irritating.
Easy. Maybe on this board.

He is right this time for sure. Even if the Ags lose the whole damn series.
Kemo Sabe
Insufferable loss. I guess we will find out what this team is made of in short order.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
oh my, what a revolting development at BBP this early afternoon as the Ags (35-4) suffer their first bullpen meltdown of the season.

the Razorback offense was relentless. The Ags could not get any easy outs. Allemand has to tighten up his defense. Been very shaky in the series.

thank goodness this next game is only 7 innings. A&M doesn't have enough pitching left to hold down the Hogs for nine.

and today we saw the downside of defensive replacements. When the bullpen fails...what's left of the batting order is not up to par. Have to really think twice about taking out Taylor before the 9th inning and also pinch-running for Gideon back in the 6th. Needed those 2 bats once Arky took the lead

Stop overreacting! You're obviously calling for Childress's head. You're suppose to just look at the overall record and whistle the war hymn.
MidTnAg
AG
Let's face it. We just had a bad game. Move on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.