****Aggies vs. Arkansas-Saturday Game 1****

92,630 Views | 743 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brazos Ag 1970
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I bet lifetime catcher's knees go bad by 40...I did that in grade school and they still hurt today.

I played catcher from age 9 to 15. My knees were bad in college, even worse now.

I caught up until I was 21 and did my fair share of doubleheaders. No knee problems whatsoever but I wore knee savers cuz I'm smart.
Charlie 31
AG
Way to get to 35-3, Aggies. Let's get to 36-3 tonight.

WHOOP!!!
CaddoAggie96
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I bet lifetime catcher's knees go bad by 40...I did that in grade school and they still hurt today.

I played catcher from age 9 to 15. My knees were bad in college, even worse now.

I caught up until I was 21 and did my fair share of doubleheaders. No knee problems whatsoever but I wore knee savers cuz I'm smart.
Why doesn't every catcher wear them?
TyHolden
AG
You're a sex Panther though...it's not the same.
Aggie12B
AG
quote "No knee problems whatsoever"

Don't you mean NOT YET? Knee problems for catchers are USUALLY a case of When they happen, not if.
hot dog
AG
Knee savers make you feel slow and bulky
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Why doesn't every catcher wear them?

I don't understand why a catcher wouldn't wear them honestly. They don't impede or interfere in anyway and they're so helpful for the wear and tear on your knees, especially during bullpens which most catchers do almost daily.

I remember when they first came out some catchers were hesitant because it's baseball and all change is bad of course. But I was a very quick sell... In college the other catcher who was my good friend would playfully give me **** about toughening up and how they were for *******... But I'm watching the Orioles-Red Sox and the Yankees-Rays and all four guys are wearing them, so I'd say they've pretty much become standard gear.

quote:
Don't you mean NOT YET? Knee problems for catchers are USUALLY a case of When they happen, not if.

Well I've been lucky so far in that department but I honestly don't think I'll ever have problems. I never did in my playing days and now in my late twenties I run regularly and do a Crossfit style workout and have no issues. It does seem that most of the former catchers I know definitely have issues though.

And this pretty much guarantees that I will tear something this week
TexasRebel
AG
Price and agility.

I hated them. I got to where I could do most things from a squat. I also only weighed 120.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Great Win!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.