What do you watch?

3,436 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Yell Practice
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
College, MLB, both?

I grew up oversees so bb was never really a part of my childhood. I try every year to get into MLB, but it never takes. It's just too boring - or I've never found my team.

In college, I may have gone to Olsen 3 times. Since moving back to CS in 2006, I've followed the Ags pretty closely. I usually go to 5-6 games per year and try to catch them on the radio: I love college bb, particularly Aggie bb.

BTHO the Hogs
zephyr88
AG
Like 'em both, but this year the Aggies > mlb
CampingAg
AG
It's gonna stink having just the Rangers after the Ags are done.
TXAGBQ76
AG
College only, MLB lost me forever when they cancelled the world series
Sean98
AG
Both. All the time. Everyday. SEC/MLB Network probably make up 95% of my TV viewing this time of year.
HECUBUS
AG
ATM and MLB with the visible strike zone on ESPN. That is so cool.
themissinglink
AG
Both; however, the Astros are trying their hardest to make me stop watching mlb.

When watching games other than my favorite team (Astros and Aggies), I prefer mlb. If you gave me front row tickets to watch either team, I'd much rather be at Olsen.
One Tooth Man
College only. MLB lost me with the strikes and the roids. Cheating millionaires fighting with billionaires and the roids so obviously on display with the home run derby just made me sick of the hypocrisy. For them to walk out on childhood dreams and America's past time just soured it too much for me.
CypressAg09
AG
College only for me. Just never got into MLB and there isn't really a team I care about. I'll watch the playoffs if a texas team is in it, but that's about it.
Aggieangler93
AG
I had been a major Rangers fan all my life, and still follow them some, but not with the same passion I did before they ditched Nolan Ryan, after what he had done for the franchise.

I have been an Aggie baseball fan since I was at A&M as a student. I follow them and watch them or listen to them anytime they are playing. I loved the year recently that we made the final 8, and I hope we do so again this year, as I have a buddy with connections at TD.

I also follow some other college baseball teams. Baseball is really the sport I love.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
cr06gis
AG
quote:
Both. All the time. Everyday. SEC/MLB Network probably make up 95% of my TV viewing this time of year.

This.

I work out of state now so mlb.tv and watchespn takes up all of my tv time. Watch all the A&M games and try to switch over and catch all the Rangers/Astros I can. With the sec/sec+ killing it with baseball coverage, it's been alot of fun.
JeffHamilton82
I'm not a pro sports fan.
HECUBUS
AG
1) Kid's team ~30 hrs/wk live
2) ATM Weekday games + Lance Upercut feed
3) K-Zone ~ 1 hr/wk
4) SEC network ~ 1 hr/wk
The Debt
quote:
1) Kid's team ~30 hrs/wk live
2) ATM Weekday games + Lance Upercut feed
3) K-Zone ~ 1 hr/wk
4) SEC network ~ 1 hr/wk

So you have never watched a full weekend game?
Mark Fairchild
AG
College and World Series. MLB is nothing compared to College ball. Oh, and grandsons' baseball.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
ensign_beedrill
AG
College baseball is more fun, I think. I love baseball in general and go to minor/major league games when I can, but most of my attention is on Aggie baseball.
jkag89
Both College ball and MLB, however MLB is pretty much on the back burner until the CWS is over. Until then it is mostly just checking the box scores, a few highlights and the standings.
Agsncws
AG
Both. It's great having the college season start early and the pro season run late. It helps when one of your favorite teams is ranked #1 while your other favorite team wins 3 of 5 World Series.
W
AG
the Astros moving away from Fox Sports a couple of years ago...killed most of my MLB watching
West Texan
AG
quote:
the Astros moving away from Fox Sports a couple of years ago...killed most of my MLB watching

This. I don't get to see them unless they play the Rangers.
HECUBUS
AG
Went to the Sunday Auburn game during Spring Break.

HECUBUS
AG
Had some rainouts and caught a weekend game on the SEC network also.
Sharpshooter
AG
All college sports>>>>>>than professional sports. I would rather watch Womens soccer than an NFL game.
Sandman98
AG
quote:

This
aggiewilliford
Aggie baseball fanatic and love the Yanks and the Cards. But college ball is the very best of the two. Gig Em!
trouble
AG
MLB lost me when they moved the Astros to a different division. I watch occasionally but not like I used to.

I find a way to keep up with every Aggie game.
bgrimm05
AG
I coach my kids' team so I can at least schedule practices around Aggie baseball!
Farmer1906
AG
Both. I was a giant 'stros fan well before I had ever seen an Aggie baseball game.
jja79
AG
Lifelong Astros fan here. My boss played 3 years with the Astros during his 7 MLB seasons. I get lots of great stories and it's not unusual for Phil Garner, Art Howe, etc to stop by the office. Pretty cool.
bonfiresmoke
College all the way. MLB when it gets to playoffs if there is a team I care for. Pretty much these days I do not care for any professional sport other than NASCAR.
Spyderman
AG
College only. Used to listen to the Rangers on WBAP back in the '80s.
Rabbit
AG
Both MLB and NCAA.

I've been a Rangers fan since they moved to Texas, and when we moved down here for graduate work, I started following the Astros. And it was nice to have a team in each league--because I knew they wouldn't play each other. Neither of them made the World Series for years, and they almost certainly wouldn't make it the same year! Then Bud Selig messed things up with interleague play and then moving the Astros into the Rangers' division. So I root for the Rangers and follow the Astros.

I must admit, though, that fantasy baseball has made me a better overall baseball fan. I've been playing fantasy baseball with the same group of guys for over 20 years (we've had our season tickets for Aggie baseball for 15 years now). I'm more knowledgeable about baseball in general and I like to see the college guys (both Aggies and the opposing players) that I've watched throughout the years make it to the big leagues. I keep a scorebook at all the Aggie games, and at the beginning of each MLB season, my son and I get out all the old scorebooks and we reminisce about all the big leaguers we've seen at Olsen Field.
Yell Practice
It is Easy to follow the Aggies this years since they are #1 in the nation.
GO AGGIES !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.