Nick Choruby

2,424 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CypressAg09
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wondering why he hasn't been givin much of a chance to start considering the up and down that's happening with Moss. He's obviously our best defensive option in center and I looked up his stats and he only has 8 official ab's this year with 3 hits and has also walked 3 times...

Has he just never shown much at the plate?
Sean98
AG
We have an imperfect outfield roster and other players factor into the decision as well. In an ideal world Moss would be our LF and Choruby in Center. Choruby has the best defensive skills but little to no pop. Taylor has the most upside at the plate but the worst defense. Essentially Taylor's hitting demands he be in the lineup so we try to hide him in left. Moss has a lot more power than Choruby and is a good defensive option to boot most nights. So until we get a lead late and can afford to remove Taylor's bat from the lineup you won't see Choruby a lot.

Just my $0.02.
Gigemaggies123
i posted this in another thread but why did logan get moved from ss to outfield. I'm not to sure on his defensive skills but given that he used to start at ss i would assume he's an above average fielder (could be completely wrong)

cant he play 2nd or third?
AggieBB
AG
I've wondered about the Taylor to third scenario myself. If he can play ss, he can play 3rd.
Buck Compton
AG
Children's has said Taylor feels most comfortable in LF. This is probably what is leading to his better season at the plate. It's not like Taylor was a defensive stud at SS OR 3B anyway.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Children's has said Taylor feels most comfortable in LF. This is probably what is leading to his better season at the plate. It's not like Taylor was a defensive stud at SS OR 3B anyway.

Agree. You don't want poor fielding to get in your head and affect you at the plate.
Foxo
AG
Taylor spent last summer playing SS, OF, 2B and 3B. I'm surprised that he has played so poorly in the outfield. Right now, he may be our best hitter.
Aggieangler93
AG
I just pray Nick is OK after slamming the wall last night with his head. He seemed pretty shaken up aftrwards.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Yell Practice
Choruby is our Pinch Runner
speedy
AG
Anyone have a video of THE CATCH?
SchizoAg
AG
The clip is here.
CypressAg09
AG
Won't play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.