Didn't realize t.u. was ranked #25 after losing 7 in a row...

6,929 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieBB
AnalogyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
but apparently this 'sip writer knows something the rest of the baseball world doesn't.

http://www.texassports.com/news/2015/4/10/BB_0410153900.aspx
AggieBB
AG
7 in a row and 9 of their last 11 with a lucky win against an awful wsu team this week. LOL
West Texan
AG
If they could hit at all, they'd be a decent team. But they're starting guys that are below the Mendoza line.
Caesar4
AG
I think they were #25 in a single poll (don't recall which one though) from last Monday, before their Tuesday game against Wichita State. Even that #25 ranking was hard to fathom.

So, the article was based on aged info at the time of the article writing. If the horns had beaten OU today (and consequently won the series vs OU), I bet that single poll would have still had them at #25 (which would still have been a gift, IMO).
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Hey, they went 2-2 this week after their seven game slide. The turnaround has begun! Top 20 team for sure.
TxAgswin
AG
But, but, they're Texas.
Dr Lane Trowlan
quote:
But, but, they're Texas.

They always say that like it means something...
One Tooth Man
As I've said in another thread, they are inching dangerously closer to losing their national seeding.
alamoaggie 64
You know you're in trouble when the guy in the first row brings a book to read during the game.
Duck Blind
AG
Had a sip graduate buddy (I know that whole graduate thing is hard to believe) tell me today that the whorns are coming on and "will be there in the end." Whatever that means to him...
gemba
AG
They are two losses away from losing a shot at Top 45 RPI. I'm sure TCU and Tech can take care of this....
AG
Boyds RPI Needs Report says the sips need to win 15 of their last 16 to be top 45 RPI. Good luck with that!

Better count on winning the B12 tourney.
dixichkn
AG
And then Sam Houston happened........
ABATTBQ87
AG
Austin news reported that the Sam Houston loss was the 10th in the last 12 games.
Rocky Rider
AG
Put a fork in them.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
The soggy burrito is done.
Aggies2009
AG
Texas is 2-10 in their last 12 with two of those losses being to Sam Houston and A&M-CC.

They are going to miss a regional if they don't pick things up.
backintexas2013
AG
Unless they win the conference tournament they aren't making a regional.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

I could see a "Yeast" infection carrying them through to a tournament championship
Bunk Moreland
Augie has always been a tough out in tournament format, but this tu team flat sucks. I don't think even Yeast and the umps could ride them to a big 12 championship. TCU will be playing for a national seed, Okie Lite for a regional host, tceh and a few others to try and make the field. Not many spots for people to just lay over.
Ag12thman
AG
They just beat soundly by the mighty bearkittens up the road tonight.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
They just beat soundly by the mighty bearkittens up the road tonight.
Whoa. Is this last night?
Ag12thman
AG
Sorry. My bad. That was Tuesday night that the kittens whipped them.
One Tooth Man
quote:

And there you go. Conference Championship and a 3 seed.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
quote:

And there you go. Conference Championship and a 3 seed.
The weirdest things always seem to happen with that program. Don't know why..........
NakedEdwin
AG
Because they are infinitely cocky and typically put it together when it matters. They earned this one.... Nonetheless, I wish we could play them and give them payback for last year. Their players talked **** to our players during all 3 games we played - a real classy bunch.
VanZandt92
Though pretty irrelevant to the topic, my nephew knocked in two homeruns and participated in a few double plays vs tu. We were at least cheering that at our house.

Yes i already posted that, but dang I'm proud.
Rocky Rider
AG
Why all of the excitement from the horns during the selection show. They looked like a bubble team waiting for their name to be called when they knew they were in as a 3 or 4.

Looked made for TV to me.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
Because they are infinitely cocky and typically put it together when it matters. They earned this one.... Nonetheless, I wish we could play them and give them payback for last year. Their players talked **** to our players during all 3 games we played - a real classy bunch.

I live in Omaha and watched a few of their games at the CWS last year. Ended up sitting right behind their dugout for one of them.
That team is/was full of grade A ****** bags. They had a couple guys on their bench who were over the top taunting and making asses out of themselves. Too bad they never got the chance to bat, bc if I was the opposing pitcher, they'd wear a fastball for their antics.
SeaAGS

Here is our inferiority complex kicking in again.

Haven't they won more CWS than A&M in all sport combined?

Wouldn't it wise to win something before talking **** about tu Omaha?
Ag12thman
AG
They are definitely dumpster worthy trash and so is their head coach. They don't belong in the field this year but their conference found a way to let them in.
aggiewilliford
No Talent Ass Clowns
AnalogyAg
It will be nice to see them get bounced early- as they will....
Fightin Ag491
quote:
They are definitely dumpster worthy trash and so is their head coach. They don't belong in the field this year but their conference found a way to let them in.
Wow, just wow... So everyone in the conf tournament threw the game to let them in? Good to know
Nervgas
AG
Big dumpster fire trash; embarrassing to great state of Texas
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.