SEC Midweek Games (3/31-4/1)

3,761 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Take Me Out to the Ballgame - Neil Sedaka & Jerry Lee Lewis

All Times Central - Poll used is D1Baseball.com

SEC Standings through 3/31 via The SEC Official Site

Tuesday March 31st
Final: Indiana 11 - Kentucky 7 Box Score
Final: #3 Florida 3 - #11 Florida St. 8 Box Score (Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL)
Final: Auburn 9 - Samford 4 Box Score
Final: Georgia Tech 13 - Georgia 6 Box Score
Final: #21 South Carolina 2 - The Citadel 0 Box Score
Final: Bama 7 - Alabama-Birmingham 2 Box Score (Regions Field - Birmingham, AL)
Final: #15 Illinois 4 - Mizzou 3 Box Score (GCS Ballpark - Sauget, IL)
Final: Mississippi St. 7 - South Alabama 8 (11 innings) Box Score
Final: Missouri St. 2 -Arkansas 0 Box Score
Final: Ole Miss 7- Memphis 5 Box Score
Final: Sam Houston St. 4 - #2 Fightin' Texas Aggies 19 Box Score
Final: Wofford 0 - #1 Vandy 6 Box Score
Final: Louisiana-Lafayette 6 - #5 LSU 8 Box Score (Wally Pontiff Jr. Classic - Zephyr Field - Metairie, LA)

Wednesday April 1st
Final: Tennessee 7 - Arkansas St. 4 Box Score
Final: Wofford 3 - #1 Vandy 5 Box Score

Other Regional Games
Tuesday March 31st

Final: tech 5 - New Mexico 6 Box Score
Final: #14 Rice 4 - Lamar 3 Box Score
Final: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 6 - #24 t.u. 4 (10 innings) Box Score
Final: Abilene Christian 1 - #19 Dallas Baptist 12 (7 innings) Box Score
Final: #22 Cougar High 11 - Baylor 0 Box Score
Final: #4 TCU 1 - Texas-Arlington 8 Box Score
West Texan
AG
Kentucky and Missouri could help us out by winning their midweek games against Indiana and Illinois. Of course, we still need to beat Kentucky this weekend.
CampingAg
AG
After flying under the radar for a bit, UTA got swept by Georgia State. Ouch. Would be nice if they would help get TCU off our backs.
W
AG
let's see how the SEC does today after last Tuesday's disaster out of conference
CapCityAg89
AG
So after noticing Florida playing FSU again, I did some checking - they're playing a three game schedule ... the "Sunshine Showdown". They played first in Gainesville (FSU won 14-8); tonight they play at The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville - a pretty cool looking home for the Jacksonville Suns (Marlin's single A); on 4/14, they play in Tallahassee.

I know there's an aversion on TexAgs to anything having to do with playing Texas, but a "Lone Star Showdown" would be pretty damn cool. Play one at each ballpark and then swap between DFW and Houston every other year. It really sounds like a good opportunity for fans across the state to see the two premier teams play.
jkag89
I personally would enjoy seeing such a series. I would prefer that the games be played away from the Olsen & the Disch. I think it would be fun to rotate the games around the various minor league parks around the state. The more centrally located parks that would make midweek games possible:

Constellation Field - Sugarland

Nelson Wolff - San Antonio
Whataburger Field - Corpus Christi
Dr Pepper Ballpark - Frisco
Dell Diamond - Round Rock
Chuck Gay
AG
One fear is that our big city media ignores college baseball. Would enough people know about it and care to go to it if games were held in neutral cities? The games would be sell outs in CS and Austin. You wouldnt want to give up home games unless it is guaranteed to be a success at a neural site.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I personally would enjoy seeing such a series. I would prefer that the games be played away from the Olsen & the Disch. I think it would be fun to rotate the games around the various minor league parks around the state. The more centrally located parks that would make midweek games possible:

Constellation Field - Sugarland

Nelson Wolff - San Antonio
Whataburger Field - Corpus Christi
Dr Pepper Ballpark - Frisco
Dell Diamond - Round Rock
I like that idea. I think SL would be the most centrally located.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Texas A&M CC defeats t.u.
CapCityAg89
AG
Our game in San Antonio is probably a decent indicator of attendance at the big cities. We sold about 4500 tickets on our own I think. Unless one team is way down, combined attendance should cover any minor league park. I just think that should be the rubber match - let the students at both schools see a game.
LeftyAg89
AG
UTA over 8-1 over TCU in the 9th

Houston over Baylor 7-0 in the 7th
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
UTA over 8-1 over TCU in the 9th

Houston over Baylor 7-0 in the 7th
UTA won 8-1 over TCU

UH up 11-0 in the 8th over BU
texasaggie04
AG
Guess the high of winning this weekend wore off for Kentucky...
The Debt
Sec sucking tonight
Goose06
AG
If we are going to play Texas, it needs to be a weekend set. Rotating 2/1 like always would be my preference but I could see a case for Friday night on one campus, Saturday night on another campus and Sunday night in Frisco or Houston or San Antonio.
W
AG
yeesh, the conference taking it on the chin again tonight:

Florida loses
Georgia loses
Missouri loses
Kentucky loses
Arkansas loses
State loses

SEC may only be a 7 or 8-bid league this year
W
AG
brutal night for the BDF:

TCU loses
t.u. loses
Tech loses
OSU loses
BU loses
Ted Logan
AG
quote:
If we are going to play Texas, it needs to be a weekend set. Rotating 2/1 like always would be my preference but I could see a case for Friday night on one campus, Saturday night on another campus and Sunday night in Frisco or Houston or San Antonio.
I always hated, HATED the split series
Chuck Gay
AG
quote:
I could see a case for Friday night on one campus, Saturday night on another campus and Sunday night in Frisco or Houston or San Antonio.
I think that travel would be brutal for both teams. I could see that on a series of three Tuesdays throughout the season, but not on a weekend series. I would think a weekend series should be rotating at one campus or the other. I always hated the 2 and 1 thing we did with Baylor and tu.

My prediction as to when we first play again, is it will be 2 Tuesdays in a season - one in College Station and one in Austin.

The Debt
quote:
quote:
I could see a case for Friday night on one campus, Saturday night on another campus and Sunday night in Frisco or Houston or San Antonio.
I think that travel would be brutal for both teams. I could see that on a series of three Tuesdays throughout the season, but not on a weekend series. I would think a weekend series should be rotating at one campus or the other. I always hated the 2 and 1 thing we did with Baylor and tu.

My prediction as to when we first play again, is it will be 2 Tuesdays in a season - one in College Station and one in Austin.

Why would be weaken our RPI and schedule them?
Capt. America
AG
quote:

Why not just do what we do with Sam Houston? Do one Tuesday game in College Station and another Tuesday game in Austin? That could potentially work right?
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Sec sucking tonight

Well, we are holding up our end of the deal.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
quote:

Why not just do what we do with Sam Houston? Do one Tuesday game in College Station and another Tuesday game in Austin? That could potentially work right?

I assume it's because most people want to see best on best, not a battle of #4 starters.
CapCityAg89
AG
I still like the neutral site game. Nobody's at the Ballpark right now or MMP. Would they open for a single, Tuesday game? I'd think the combined fan base could fill those places. Minor league parks might be cooler though.
Sean98
AG
quote:
I still like the neutral site game. Nobody's at the Ballpark right now or MMP. Would they open for a single, Tuesday game? I'd think the combined fan base could fill those places. Minor league parks might be cooler though.

No chance they would fill an MLB park. I think that would be am epic disaster.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:

IIRC, we played A midweek game against UT-A at the ballpark recently
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I assume it's because most people want to see best on best, not a battle of #4 starters.

This is correct. I want to see weekend starters and no excuses by the loser.
gougler08
AG
Playing a 3 game series of Tuesday night games really doesn't tell you much as you get the #4 starter for each game. FSU has beaten Florida the first 2 games but does that really show FSU as the better team?
The Debt
quote:
Playing a 3 game series of Tuesday night games really doesn't tell you much as you get the #4 starter for each game. FSU has beaten Florida the first 2 games but does that really show FSU as the better team?

One could claim that means they have a deeper bullpen
jkag89
quote:
Florida and FSU has split the two games they have played so far.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
The way the sips are going, it would be a bad idea to play them because of the RPI hit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.