Team Statistics Rankings (through 3/29/15)

2,839 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by texasaggie04
pdg88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hitting
Batting Average: .316 (8th Nationally) (2nd in SEC)
On Base Percentage: .414 (4) (1)
Slugging Percentage: .460 (12) (4)

Pitching
Earned Run Average: 1.96 (2) (1)
Whip: 1.11 (12) (2)
Strikeout-to-Walk Ratio: 3.60 (7) (1)

Fielding
Fielding Percentage: .969 (91) (11)
Double Plays: 21 (87) (9)

Attendance
Average Home Attendance: 4,322 (8) (6)
Total Home Attendance: 95,084 (6) (6)

For more statistics, go here. National attendance report located here.
W
AG
I suppose the midweek games are dragging down the attendance numbers. Seems like the weekend average would be over 5,000
W
AG
also...the Ags' ranks and numbers have improved in some categories with the onset of conference play. Usually offensive numbers curtail a bit
spanky
AG
5th in the SEC West in attendance still, but what about our resources
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Only bad thing is the fielding and it cost us the game against mizzou.
TempleAg97
AG
Looks like phenomenal pitching and hitting and average fielding will win you a ton of games and put a bunch of butts in the seats!
The Debt
quote:
Looks like phenomenal pitching and hitting and average fielding will win you a ton of games and put a bunch of butts in the seats!

We landed on the moon!!!!
West Texan
AG
Interesting note on our philosophy shift from Sawyers to Bolt:

Sacrifice bunts: we have 13 sac bunts to rank us 182nd nationally and 10th in conference

Sacrifice flies: we have 20, which is good for 2nd nationally and 1st in conference

Aside from this being a change in philosophy and getting away from small ball, these tendencies may have played into why we didn't have Birk try and safety squeeze saturday against Mizzou. Our coaches were probably pretty confident he could get it deep enough in the outfield to score the run.
Tobias Funke
AG
6th in SEC in attendance is unacceptable
Tobias Funke
AG
6th best attendance in the country? That's fantastic!!
Ft Worth Ag
AG
Copied & pasted info from pdg88's initial post, but added UK stuff to compare. I was unable to find SEC rankings for the various stats to fill out UK's numbers.

Texas A&M Hitting
Batting Average: .316 (8th Nationally) (2nd in SEC)
On Base Percentage: .414 (4) (1)
Slugging Percentage: .460 (12) (4)

Texas A&M Pitching
Earned Run Average: 1.96 (2) (1)
Whip: 1.11 (12) (2)
Strikeout-to-Walk Ratio: 3.60 (7) (1)

Texas A&M Fielding
Fielding Percentage: .969 (91) (11)
Double Plays: 21 (87) (9)

Kentucky Hitting
Batting Average: .299 (27th Nationally)
On Base Percentage: .384 (39)
Slugging Percentage: .397 (96)

Kentucky Pitching
Earned Run Average: 4.41(150)
Whip: 1.34 (91)
Strikeout-to-Walk Ratio: 2.26 (89)

Kentucky Fielding
Fielding Percentage: .961 (194)
Double Plays: 28 (30)
BQ_90
AG
quote:
2 runs in 12 hits was the problem. Imthinkmthempitching and defense was good enough to win if we could have pushed runs across
McInnis
AG
The Aggies are second in home runs in the SEC with 26, just one behind no. 1 Georgia.

But in spite of UK playing in a small park (someone posted in the UK Series thread that it's only 390 to center and 350/355 to the power alleys), they have only 13 HRs for the year, 11th best in the SEC.

They have a team ERA of 4.41. This is a very winnable series for the Aggies, even on the road. I'm guessing that most UK students won't even realize that there's a baseball series this weekend.
W
AG
Kentucky's fielding % of .961 is not very good
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
The Aggies are second in home runs in the SEC with 26, just one behind no. 1 Georgia.

But in spite of UK playing in a small park (someone posted in the UK Series thread that it's only 390 to center and 350/355 to the power alleys), they have only 13 HRs for the year, 11th best in the SEC.

They have a team ERA of 4.41. This is a very winnable series for the Aggies, even on the road. I'm guessing that most UK students won't even realize that there's a baseball series this weekend.

Oh please, like there's anything else going on at UK in April
CapCityAg89
AG
They're basically the opposite of Missouri. Where 4-5 RPG sweeps Mizzou, I think we'll need 6-8 per game to get UK with our pitching. But it can be had.
McInnis
AG
I can't find anything nationally for rankings of fewest home runs by pitching staffs, but the Aggies have given up only four so far this season. Pretty remarkable. Kentucky on the other hand has given up 25.
West Texan
AG
quote:
I can't find anything nationally for rankings of fewest home runs by pitching staffs, but the Aggies have given up only four so far this season. Pretty remarkable. Kentucky on the other hand has given up 25.
I like our odds to bring out the big sticks this weekend.
Sandman98
AG
quote:

Those fielding numbers aren't a factor when you're toward the top in pitching AND offensive numbers. Doing two out of three at an elite level is a lot to ask of any college team (#1 in the nation type stuff).

Lots of baseball to play still but these numbers are starting to be credible at the halfway point. I'd rather drop a game here and there over bad defense (which really hasn't happened), than be nervous about what our pitching hitting would produce going in to the games.
W
AG
the Ags probably moved up in several categories after tonight's offensive display
W
AG
the Ags should be pushing the top 5 in home runs now
The Debt
quote:
They're basically the opposite of Missouri. Where 4-5 RPG sweeps Mizzou, I think we'll need 6-8 per game to get UK with our pitching. But it can be had.
5-2, 6-3

It seems 4-5 RPG coulda done it with our pitching.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
5-2, 6-3

No kidding. I didn't think we would be able to keep them from scoring like we did. They are a team that gets hits - including timely ones.

I'm trying very hard not to get bat guano crazy over this team.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Baseball noob here: did we hire a new hitting coach this year? Because wow have we improved significantly in that department
The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:
5-2, 6-3

No kidding. I didn't think we would be able to keep them from scoring like we did. They are a team that gets hits - including timely ones.

I'm trying very hard not to get bat guano crazy over this team.
We did play 6 fewer outs per game.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
Baseball noob here: did we hire a new hitting coach this year? Because wow have we improved significantly in that department

Yes, Will Bolt is in charge of our offense this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.