48-11 ??

2,580 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Atmpainter
67walkon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We don't play Vandy....LSU wins 2 in BR....Just a guess based on our team ERA and batting average. We need to field better. We could have held Mizzou to 1 or 2 without going with freshman. But do you want to win the ERA title or the SEC west? Loving America's game as played in Aggieland
Dr Lane Trowlan
I concede nothing to LSU. Let's sweep their corn dog asses!
Dr Lane Trowlan
Alex Box Stadium will now be referred to as Olsen East!
JeffHamilton82
Regular season is only 56 games
W
AG
here's how I'm thinking at the moment...

win 8 of 10 conference series = national seed lock

win 7 of 10 conference series = regional host lock

(the Ags already have 3 series wins in the bank)
CapCityAg89
AG
27-2
5-1 remaining OOC (Rice or UTA)
1-2 @UK
2-1 MSU
2-1 Arkie
1-2 @LSU
2-1 @UT
2-1 USC
2-1 @Ole Miss

That's 44-12 and probably a super regional host out of the SEC.
cr06gis
AG
If we can manage to only lose 2 conference series (without being swept) than I would expect a national seed. Tough task to say the least.

The Rice & UTA games will be tough especially if either go with one of their weekend starters. I can't remember whether Rice throws a weekender during midweek games against top programs.
67walkon
46-10....sorry
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
I can't remember whether Rice throws a weekender during midweek games against top programs.

I do believe that has been their MO in the past. Especially if we are playing them during their usually weak conference schedule.
W
AG
one advantage to the Ags for the Rice midweek game on 4/7...the Kentucky series ends on Saturday. So the bullpen will have a full 2 days rest beforehand.

whereas Rice is playing Fri-Sat-Sun vs. the 1st place team in C-USA (Middle Tennessee -- RPI #19 at the moment). The Owls will start their best 3 guys vs. Middle Tenn
Aggies1322
AG
Why are we assuming we don't win every series? C'mon ags, we can win 'em all.
67walkon
I assumed we would win every series except LSU. Not saying we won't beat the Tigers . We are capable,barring injury, of winning all of them. #2 ERA # 5 Batting Average. That ERA would be #1 if we hadn't pitch some youngsters up 14-0 Sunday
Aggies1322
AG
quote:
I assumed we would win every series except LSU. Not saying we won't beat the Tigers . We are capable,barring injury, of winning all of them. #2 ERA # 5 Batting Average. That ERA would be #1 if we hadn't pitch some youngsters up 14-0 Sunday
This is what I like to hear. I feel like we can win them all.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Part of the reason our ERA is so low is because our fielding is so bad that most of the runs scored against us are unearned.
Texam90
AG
2.62 would be our ERA if every run was earned (1.96 currently). That would still be #1 in the SEC. Our opponents have actually allowed more unearned runs 39 to 21. Defense is not our strong suit (11th in the SEC in fielding percentage). Even with the fielding issues our pitching has made up for it so far. I would love to get into the middle of the pack in fielding.
Atmpainter
AG
Won't lose to UTA. I've seen all their home games. Can't hit and pitching won't hold ags scoreless. That is all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.