Which poll?

704 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Detective Jake Peralta
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yesterday on the SECN broadcast, we had a 2 next to our name. I assume that was the USA Today Coaches ranking. Is that the official poll that ESPN and everyone on TV will use? I know there are quite a few polls, but is that the one that matters? Because with #1 LSU dropping 2 of 3 at home to UK, and the Ags taking 2 of 3 from a solid Mizzou squad, we most likely will be #1 in that poll. If so, are we truly #1?
Detective Jake Peralta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is the one that that media outlets without an official poll of their own will use. The best one in my mind is D1 Baseball, without question, as it's put together by the best writers in the business who are all college baseball junkies. None of the polls "matter" when it comes to the postseason, like in football. The official NCAA RPI is the biggest factor in determining seeding and hosting, and that will begin being released and updated daily in April. For now, the RPI numbers on Warren Nolan and Boyd's World are the best indicators of where the NCAA numbers would be.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.