SEC Softball Standings with today's results/tomorrow's schedule

3,884 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by coloradoag69
MorgansPoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

MorgansPoint
AG

BrokenLFarms
S
It's very impressive given how young they are plus adjusting to Gerry Glasco as the hitting coach.
They have been doing this all year dating back to the UCLA games early in the season (Losing to them 0-13 in the first meeting, then winning 6-4 in the second vs Ally Carda )

Good Stuff!
Belton Ag
AG
Pitching has been our recent downfall, but the team is doing much better than I thought this year so far. We really are a couple better pitching efforts at the end of games at MSU and Bama from being 9-3 to start the SEC season.
coloradoag69
AG
Compared to baseball, pitching is almost unfair in softball in that the same pitcher can be on the mound in consecutive days. If you play a three game baseball series, and one guy is a super pitcher, at least you only face him once. In softball, that same excellent person can be on the mound every day.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much - we rode Meg Gibson all the way to the final series in the NCAA softball championships a number of years ago. It's just a shame that we don't have at least one dominant pitcher on the staff this year. I really think we could have a good shot at the CWS if we did.

Another thought: Kristen Cuyos is one of the best softball shortstops I've seen period. She seldom makes an error and she's got a really strong arm. Softball shortstop is really tough to play IMO because an bobble, or even a weak throw, results in a baserunner.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.