Birk

1,588 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by you moran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
birk as of late has not hit the ball well at all. Is it time to give someone else a shot at 2b. I know McClendon hasn't hit well either but he hasn't had many ab's
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Absolutely not. He's had two bad days but you don't take one of your most clutch hitters over the course of the whole season out because of that.
CapCityAg89
AG
Lots of new posters to go with the higher attendance this weekend.
W
AG
Birk had a bad game today. He struggled with the constant away, away, away. But I would still leave him in the 2-hole
AG
I've been watching most of the season and the production hasn't been there. What is his averageover the last 10 games
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
His average has dipped to .286, largely from going 1 for 11 vs UTSA and Mizzou so far this week. Just last week, off the top of my head, he got the game winning hit in the Friday Bama game, had a couple of big hits in the first Saturday game and, IIRC, was Gabe's hitter of the week. Don't mean to sound rude but the production has been there, not just this year but last year as well. I'd be willing to bet he gets it worked out, and has his average back above .300 before long
Rocky Rider
AG
quote:
I've been watching most of the season and the production hasn't been there. What is his averageover the last 10 games
Most of the season ?
Lance Uppercut
AG
Birk has had a rough stretch, but he's 4th in extra base hits (one behind the guys in front of him), 3rd in hits, and 2nd in walks. He was also one of the four players last season to end with his average above .300. That's good production from your 2nd baseman.

Birk has spent the last 2 seasons minus the past week showing that he belongs somewhere in the lineup. I'd have to disagree if you think it's time for him to hit the bench.
you moran
AG
Geez. Over the long haul, Birk is one of our better sticks and McLendon is, well, not.

Birk has been hitting over .300 most of the season until a couple of bad games in a row this weekend. He had 1 hit against UTSA last Tuesday and 1 hit against Bama last Sunday. He had clutch 2 RBI hits in both the Friday and Saturday wins over Bama (his 2 RBI double on Friday proved to be the game winner).

He went 0 for friday and saturday against Mizzou to drop his average under .300. He was 0 for 3 today before getting it going. He closed out the series with a hit and two walks. Anything can happen of course but calling for replacement after just a couple of "0 for" games is ridiculous.
you moran
AG
Last weekend against Bama, Birk went 4 for 13 (.308) with 2 walks and 4 RBI.

Against UTSA on Tuesday, Birk went 1 for 3 with a walk.

So over the Bama series and tuesday game, Birk hit .313.

Then Friday and Saturday happened against Missouri (and first 3 ABs today). Hurt his averages but he may already be out of his mini-mini-slump after his late game finish today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.