Terrible relief appearance.

2,067 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by STX Ag
Amazing Moves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Games tied 2-2. Why bring in Shlottman?
Lance Uppercut
AG
Schlottmann has been a fairly reliable reliever for 2 years now. Also one of your only left handed pitchers out of the pen. His numbers will show you why the coaches were comfortable with him entering a tie game entering this weekend. Also the run that scored was probably a play Melton could have made at 3rd if he could have gotten the ball out of his glove.
LeftyAg89
AG
2 runs will NOT win many games in the SEC.
Amazing Moves
He proved that he wasn't good against Mizzou yesterday... Why take the chance today. Good pitcher accept against this line up should have been RC's thinking. Put somebody else in.
tylang06
Schlottman has been very good all year. The premise he was "terrible" is off base.
spanky
AG
Wow, one appearance proves he was worthless? Go back to the zoo please
Tanya 93
Good lord the bandwagon is now screaming.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Schlottmann is the only experienced lefty out of the pen. 2 of the first 3 batters for Mizzou in that inning are left handed.

The first one could have been thrown out on a clean play from 3rd. The batter that doubled likely watched strike three the pitch before he got a hit. The third guy flew out.

I don't think I can help you throw Schlottmann under the bus.
CampingAg
AG
We gave up one (I believe) run in relief.
CampingAg
AG
Was Simonds terrible too? Gave up TWO earned runs.
CampingAg
AG
Throws lights out all year, and has one rough outing. Yeah that "proves" he is unreliable. You're an idiot.

That's my last post I promise.
W
AG
Schlottmann has had a bad series. He was ineffective Friday and ineffective again today. That's not good. Had difficulty throwing strikes when he came into the game
OA_02
AG
Don't think any of the runs today were earned. Don't usually win allowing 3 unearned runs and leaving a dozen runners lob.
McInnis
AG
What were RC's better options? Vincent and Hendricks threw a bunch of pitches Friday night, it was only the 6th inning, and there's a game tomorrow. And yeah, Schlottman's been pretty good all year.

Kind of a shame we can't lose one game without someone needing to start a new post blaming one player.
Aggie12B
AG
Neither run Simonds gave up were earned
AggieBB
AG
quote:
Was Simonds terrible too? Gave up ZERO earned runs.
FIFY
jkag89
quote:
Don't think any of the runs today were earned. Don't usually win allowing 3 unearned runs and leaving a dozen runners lob.
True enough but please give a little credit to the Mizzou pitching staff, it is not as if the Ags are the only team they have shut down this season.
Amazing Moves
You're all wrong.
spanky
AG
quote:
quote:
True enough but please give a little credit to the Mizzou pitching staff, it is not as if the Ags are the only team they have shut down this season.

Actually, give credit to Mizzou with the glove today. Their SS saved a run early by keeping a ball in the infield and that catch by their cf late was spectacular
spanky
AG
quote:
quote:

Actually, give credit to Mizzou with the glove today. Their SS saved a run early by keeping a ball in the infield and that catch by their cf late was spectacular
AggieBB
AG
threeanout
AG
Mizzou played much better defensively. Dropped fly ball in left field was costly. Two runs should have actually won the game today.
Amazing Moves
I'm calmed down now. No more threads after losses!!! This is completely wrong.
CampingAg
AG
I was pissed sitting in the parking lot not moving.
Captain Pablo
AG

Ah hell

It was a game with a ball

And we lost

Sh/t happens
STX Ag
AG
quote:
Wow, one appearance proves he was worthless? Go back to the zoo please

We don't want him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.