Attendance for Friday nights game?

3,889 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Farmer1906
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
No one was allowed on the tracks or over in Aggie Alley for Clemson games as per NCAA rules.
You add in the tracks and the record would have easily been the 89 series against tu. That was the series that closed the tracks to students - thousands were out there, some drinking, and someone even jumped on the train and wasn't able to get off till Hearne.

That '89 series didn't "close the tracks".
I don't remember the exact year fans were no longer allows on tracks but that area was still popular for many series in 1993.
Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
93 had the right field bleachers.
Hate to argue with a player but I'm certain the bleachers did not go up until the '94 season.

Correct.. The RF bleachers were not added until the 1994 season . They were not there in '93.
CTR14
3 decks!
The Debt
quote:
3 decks!

Just use the Old steel and aluminum from kyle
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
and someone even jumped on the train and wasn't able to get off till Hearne.

Nice story embellishment.
mgreen
I got there in the second inning and they were still selling tickets when there was litterally nowhere to sit or stand. People were standing three deep in the concourses. They eventually stopped selling tickets and turned people away.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
That '89 series didn't "close the tracks".
I don't remember the exact year fans were no longer allows on tracks but that area was still popular for many series in 1993.
You may be right, long time ago. 93 may have been the last time. Now that I think of it, I do remember watching a game from the tracks in 93, but that had to have been near the end.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
quote:
and someone even jumped on the train and wasn't able to get off till Hearne.

Nice story embellishment.
Old Army!
Kemo Sabe
All three were phenomenal crowds for Missouri. I don't think we ever drew that many for them when we were in the big12. And the season is barely half over.
Farmer1906
AG
It's about us being good not who we are playing at this point.
MorgansPoint
AG

MorgansPoint
AG

Kemo Sabe
It does show that when the A&M team is highly competitive, the crowds will come out regardless of the opponent. Some have cited on here that we would have to have baylor, Tech, TCU and even tu come in to BB/Olsen to draw large crowds and that just isn't true. Same situation as in basketball, you get a coach that is kicking butt and taking names and aggie fans will come out to cheer the team on. They won't come out for a coach/team that isn't getting it done, so don't expect them to. Results are what counts, not merely hype or hope. The latter won't and don't sell tickets.
Farmer1906
AG
We moved up to 8th in national average, 4,322. Only 50 per behind Clemson. We will probably top out at 7th because I don't tihnk we're catching tu at 5,361 unless they really fall off. To match their 5361, we would need to average 7,176. If you count Tuesday's game then our average raises to 4,335. After Rice and a weekend with MSU, I would expect our average to be above 4,500 maybe even 4,600.

http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2015/attendance150330.pdf
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Farmer1906
AG
That looks like a terrible way to watch a game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.