Attendance for Friday nights game?

3,876 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Farmer1906
biglebowski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know?
biglebowski
From what I saw on sec network it looked really good.
Zamacuco
7200 ish
Aggie_Eric98
AG
7,100+
BQ_90
AG
7391 new BBP record
Sandman98
AG
Record for BBP.

Almost 7200 I think?
Sandman98
AG
quote:
7391 new BBP record

That
TXAGBQ76
AG
Over 3100 students too- another record
phatpat21
Told my wife I had personally never seen that many people at BBP, made sense when they announced attendance! Fantastic game and crowd. Also want to give a shout out to whoever decided to build a playground in right field. My daughter is old enough now to go play in it and she loves it plus we can still see the game as well. Thank you
farmer95
AG
Refreshing to see a positive attendance thread on TexAgs!!
Zamacuco
Whoop!
SchizoAg
AG
Aggies take Game 1 against Missouri in front of record crowd
quote:
NOTES -- The Olsen Field attendance record is 8,847 set on May 16, 2003, when A&M beat Texas 6-4. The previous mark for Blue Bell Park was 6,944 set on April 27, 2012, when A&M beat Texas 6-5. Olsen Field was renovated and renamed before the 2012 season.
cr06gis
AG
Didn't the Clemson supers get over 10k/game? I suppose it doesn't count since a good portion of those crowds were outfield/railroad tracks
jkag89
This is an attendance high since the renovation.

No one was allowed on the tracks or over in Aggie Alley for Clemson games as per NCAA rules.
cr06gis
AG
Right, but they said the record at old olsen was tu in 03 with 8k+ in attendance. I could've sworn the Clemson series had larger crowds...if not those supers, then perhaps another ncaa tourney wknd. I get all these years mixed up.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
No one was allowed on the tracks or over in Aggie Alley for Clemson games as per NCAA rules.
You add in the tracks and the record would have easily been the 89 series against tu. That was the series that closed the tracks to students - thousands were out there, some drinking, and someone even jumped on the train and wasn't able to get off till Hearne.
Farmer1906
AG
As of 1999 here were the records.

Total Crowd (Includes estimate in Aggie Alley)
1. 11,052 vs. Texas (Apr. 30, 1999) 8,452 paid plus 2,600 in Aggie Alley
2. 10,730 vs. Baylor (Apr. 17, 1999) 8,230 paid plus 2,500 in Aggie Alley
3. 9,151 vs. Baylor (May 1, 1998) 7,351 paid plus 1,800 in Aggie Alley
Top Paid Only Crowds
1. 8,452 vs. Texas (Apr. 30, 1999)
2. 8,230 vs. Baylor (Apr. 17, 1999)
3. 7,351 vs. Baylor (May 1, 1998)
4. 7,310 vs. Long Beach State (May 30, 1999)/NCAA Regional
5. 7,255 vs. Texas (Apr. 18, 1997)
Expert Analysis
AG
The tu game in 2012 sold out, they wouldn't let any more people in. So it is hard to imagine this game having too many more people than that one. There were definitely less people watching the game last night than the tu games because there were hundreds out in Aggie alley for that game.
texasaggie04
AG
Eric Hyman was saying on the broadcast last night that they were even turning people away at the doors too.
Farmer1906
AG
That stinks. We need to ditch the LF berm and put in seats. After the Rex is fine then re establish Aggie alley.
jkag89
They can probably squeeze more folks on the berms then with seating unless folks are willing to endure the return of the right field bleachers (at least short term) which they complained endlessly about when they existed (they look cheap, they're uncomfortable, etc.) On the other hand, many shy away from coming to games because they can only find GA tickets and want an actual seat rather than a patch of lawn. Hopefully after the Rec Center construction is completed they'll look into outfield seating. Not sure how limited they are by the RR tracks in right.
RafterAg223
AG
Wouldn't have taken much to ditch the berms and put bench seating down both lines. Very poor planning by those involved.
The Debt
I would love to heckle the bullpen.
Aggie
AG
The late 90's to early 2000's drew the biggest crowds.
Often 7500-8000 inside a 2000+ on Aggie alley.
' 89 and. '93 had good crowds on RF tracks but not near as much as Aggie alley did. Plus in '89 and. ' 93 Olsen didn't yet have the RF bleachers so a smaller capacity inside.
The Debt
Where are we with the national attendance numbers?

LSU is #1 obviously. But we are usually up there.
jkag89
Again you can probably squeeze more folks on to the berms. Options would have been to leave the bleachers in right (see my comments above) or extend the upper deck which would have meant a far larger donation. Personally I would have preferred chairbacks down the lines and berms in the outfield to make up for the lost capacity of losing the bleachers.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Where are we with the national attendance numbers?

LSU is #1 obviously. But we are usually up there.
But MSU maxes out at a higher number, 15K+.

pdg88
AG
Attendance report at of Monday the 23rd.
The Debt
quote:
Attendance report at of Monday the 23rd.

Would be nice to average 5k
ColoradoMooseHerd
93 had the right field bleachers.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Again you can probably squeeze more folks on to the berms. Options would have been to leave the bleachers in right (see my comments above) or extend the upper deck which would have meant a far larger donation. Personally I would have preferred chairbacks down the lines and berms in the outfield to make up for the lost capacity of losing the bleachers.
I agree. Extend the lower level and just do chair back down the line. Even if it is just one side. Keep the other side kid friendly next to the playground. IDK about a berm in the OF, but something in OF should happen in the future. Whether its Aggie Alley, some kind of seating, or just a big party deck with a tailgate tent over it like Constellation Field in SL.
phatpat21
I think the gap between the visitor bullpen and centerfield would be a great area for some stands of some sort
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I think the gap between the visitor bullpen and centerfield would be a great area for some stands of some sort
Don't think we can with the tracks.
phatpat21
True didn't think about it being so close
jkag89
quote:
93 had the right field bleachers.
Hate to argue with a player but I'm certain the bleachers did not go up until the '94 season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.